Piraeus last time to checkin

canuckinindia

Looking at a Princess cruise debating from Piraeus (Athens) at 7pm.

Due to our schedule we won't get time on our return in Athens so want to soak up as much time in town before we board.

Any view on what the cutoff time is for checking in and what is a safe time to aim for. Seems the port itself isnt too far from the city centre of Athens.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

We're sailing out of Athens and check in states 1p-6p. We have a full day tour/transfer and planning on being dropped off around 5-530p. I hope this isn't too late!

If it says check-in is until 6 PM, then arriving before that time should be no problem.

Call Princess, ask your TA, or check your cruise docs to know for sure, but I think you must be onboard at least 90 min before departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the USA (not Greece) Homeland Security needs the passenger information at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure (although fully filling out the Personalizer information satisfies that need). So in the USA, if you have not filled out the needed information, you must check in at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure.

In Greece without our Homeland Security, there should not be that 90 minute requirement.

And as Princess indicated, check-in continues until 6 PM.

In the USA (not Greece) Homeland Security needs the passenger information at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure (although fully filling out the Personalizer information satisfies that need). So in the USA, if you have not filled out the needed information, you must check in at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure.

In Greece without our Homeland Security, there should not be that 90 minute requirement.

And as Princess indicated, check-in continues until 6 PM.

Not worth taking that chance.