Sad rumour

Nah, something happened late yesterday on either Legend or Spirit. FB site I look at have gone into North Korean censorship mode. Carnival Oz FB site is so sanitised you'll hear nothing for ages.

Not much of a rumour if there are no details.:confused:

The only event I can see is a Passenger went overboard in the Bahamas off the Elation.:confused:

A young boy was found at the bottom of one of the pools. Not sure of the outcome. Apparently the Captain of the ship concerned detoured to Noumea for the child to get hospital treatment. A disgruntled, no make that heartless/unconcerned about anyone else except herself pax posted on a fb group wanting to know if they were still going to be going to Mystery Island and that a medical emergency shouldnt get in the way of doing so.

That's all I know about it, that pax's post has been deleted and I cant find any more info on the situation.

Updated info from the fb group:

"I'm soooo happy to say that the little boy is doing ok they have taken him to the hospital at mystery island just for a check up to make sure everything is fine."

Edited by tillydog
Updated info

A young boy was found at the bottom of one of the pools. Not sure of the outcome. Apparently the Captain of the ship concerned detoured to Noumea for the child to get hospital treatment. A disgruntled, no make that heartless/unconcerned about anyone else except herself pax posted on a fb group wanting to know if they were still going to be going to Mystery Island and that a medical emergency shouldnt get in the way of doing so.

That's all I know about it, that pax's post has been deleted and I cant find any more info on the situation.

Updated info from the fb group:

"I'm soooo happy to say that the little boy is doing ok they have taken him to the hospital at mystery island just for a check up to make sure everything is fine."

Okay, it is a sad event that could have been much worse, glad the kid is recovering.

Thanks for the update.

Hospital at Mystery Island???

Yes indeed- there's something strange about this story - there's certainly no hospital on Mystery Island

I'd be surprised if there's anything in the area that would be better than the ships infirmary and doctor

Yes indeed- there's something strange about this story - there's certainly no hospital on Mystery Island

I'd be surprised if there's anything in the area that would be better than the ships infirmary and doctor

They (reportedly) previously said they diverted to Noumea. Perhaps a mistake in the second message, meaning Noumea but thinking of Mystery Island.

They were only introduced on RCL recently - after they had their own child death by drowning last year.

We had been on carnival 2 time and then RCI and they had vests and thought it was a fantastic idea since there were no life saving staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums