Anniversary restaurant recommendation - Royal Princess.

PeglegJ

Hi everyone,

I have not been on Princess before and we will be on the Royal on our 16th wedding anniversary this August. We would like to have a special meal just the two of us without our children, somewhere special. I know it is personal taste but where would people recommend?

thanks

Jackie

Your choices are crown grill and sabatini's. We don't care for beef so we prefer sabatini's for their Italian emphasis and seafood offerings. It is depending on what you want to eat. If you are looking for beef then crown grill is your choice otherwise check out sabatini's menu. Princess has the menus online for you to look at before boarding the ship.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/

If you want to go to the crown grill which is the most popular you need to make your reservation as soon as you can on the day your board as the reservations will be taken up. Sabatini's is not quite so popular but they can fill up as well.

We always do both Crown Grill and Sabatinis when cruising.

Do you have a balcony? They do a nice dinner on the balcony, Ultimate Balcony Dinner (?) but I've not done them on the Royal, so I don't know how comfortable it is out there (on their balconies ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If at all possible, ie kids in kids club or otherwise occupied - I'd definitely do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Amazing meal and experience.

4 course meal with welcome cocktail of choice and half bottle of French champagne, two waiters to serve and clear, etc. Choices include riveted, filet mignon, lobster tails, etc. Course generally are crab cake, large goat cheese and pear mixed green salad, mains then an amazing chocolate dessert. Also have small bite size apps and petit fours to finish off. Served course by course at your pace - it's wonderful.

It also includes a photo - photographer comes and takes several, you pick the one you want, additional are $10. There's also a flower arrangement that you keep.

It's a fantastic experience, romantic, delicious, etc. All - $100 per couple. One of the best values onboard. And yes, doable quite fine on standard balcony on Royal...

After that, if it doesn't work for you for whatever reason, Crown Grill is our favorite.

Enjoy!!

the ultimate balcony dining is awesome. If you want to be alone this is a good choice. If you want to share evening with others the chef's table is also a consideration...must get on the list as soon as you get on ship.

Another consideration on the Royal is the wine makers dinner.. you can book a table for two.. held in Sabatini....and restaurant is closed to public that night....amazing wine pairings with food

the ultimate balcony dining is awesome. If you want to be alone this is a good choice. If you want to share evening with others the chef's table is also a consideration...must get on the list as soon as you get on ship.

Another consideration on the Royal is the wine makers dinner.. you can book a table for two.. held in Sabatini....and restaurant is closed to public that night....amazing wine pairings with food

Could you offer more info on this please? We've been on Royal and have done the Winemaker's Dinner in the Wine Cellar room in the MDR, 8 guests, hosted by maitre'd, couple wines paired with courses, etc...

Your Winemaker's sounds quite different, hadn't heard of it before, and we'd be very interested in it...could you provide some more info? Cost, sign-up, how many guests who hosts, etc? Thanks...

For a private, romantic meal in a specialty restaurant, I have always chosen Crown Grill. I've never felt that the menu in Sabatini's holds a candle to Crown Grill's menu but I am sure there are many who would disagree with me.

If you have a balcony and can keep the kiddies out, I second everyone else's advice to go for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. It blew the socks off any other romantic dinner we have ever had on board and we normally celebrate our anniversary every year on a ship.

Chef's Table is an incredible meal and experience but keep in mind you would be sharing a table with several other couples - certainly not my idea of romance!

Chef's Table is an incredible meal and experience but keep in mind you would be sharing a table with several other couples - certainly not my idea of romance!

Wherever you dine, unless it's on your own balcony, it's not going to be a private, "romantic" experience. It's going to be two of you surrounded by a bunch of other diners. The Chef's Table is a great special evening and can be thoroughly celebratory, especially if you inform your fellow diners that it's your anniversary. Worked out that way for my husband and me.

The Winemaker's Dinner is a less elaborate Chef's Table, with unlimited wine pairings but without the galley-served hors d'ouevres, cookbook, and other foo-foo.

Regardless, the two of you could always go for a romantic post-dinner stroll around the Promenade...except the Royal doesn't have one.

Could you offer more info on this please? We've been on Royal and have done the Winemaker's Dinner in the Wine Cellar room in the MDR, 8 guests, hosted by maitre'd, couple wines paired with courses, etc...

Your Winemaker's sounds quite different, hadn't heard of it before, and we'd be very interested in it...could you provide some more info? Cost, sign-up, how many guests who hosts, etc? Thanks...

I actually think it was called super Tuscan dinner . They closed Sabatini's for the evening and we had a table for two. It was on a TA to Barcelona last spring. 4 wines were paired with courses. It was wonderful. I think it was $40 per couple. But not sure if it was more. You signed up with the maître'd . There were some tables of 4-8 and most of the dining room was booked. Not sure how often it is held. Would do it again.

I actually think it was called super Tuscan dinner . They closed Sabatini's for the evening and we had a table for two. It was on a TA to Barcelona last spring. 4 wines were paired with courses. It was wonderful. I think it was $40 per couple. But not sure if it was more. You signed up with the maître'd . There were some tables of 4-8 and most of the dining room was booked. Not sure how often it is held. Would do it again.

Oh yeah, OK. Am familiar with the Super Tuscan dinner, and they do also offer it on Royal - our friends did it twice last month... I was under the impression it was more expensive than that...will look into it further on our next sailing...

Thanks for clearing that up...