Off-site port of Miami parking

bsharynu

Thank you for your help. In Tampa, we parked off-site, and it was great. Sounds like I know what I am doing in Miami. PORT only!!Although, my other option is keeping the car at the hotel and Uber. There are 10 of us, so we are still working this out.

Thank you for your help. In Tampa, we parked off-site, and it was great. Sounds like I know what I am doing in Miami. PORT only!!Although, my other option is keeping the car at the hotel and Uber. There are 10 of us, so we are still working this out.

If you've booked a hotel that has a park n cruise rate (higher than regular rack rates), they usually have a shuttle to the port. But you'll need Uber or taxi (rates will be very close unless you go XL) to get back to the hotel. Your hotel might also charge you for parking if they don't have a PnC rate. So add all that up versus the cost of rooms without PnC and port parking. Also add extra time to get back to the hotel, pick up the car and get on the road.

Just another opinion:

We are not local, drove to Miami from Texas.

After reading reviews we were strongly considering pier parking which did in fact look

very convenient sort of like covered parking at a mall. I saw one porter wheeling luggage into the garage for an elderly couple.

But we are thrifty so we took the off site option with the best reviews. It was called SAFE cruise parking. We saved $60 for a 7 night cruise on the Reflection in Feb. of 2017.

The lot was surrounded by a high concrete wall with a barb wired gate. It was in downtown and there were some bums outside the wall. There were some tall trees next to the wall that could be used to scale the fence from the outside. I would not have noticed this if I did not have some background with security. That said we arrived without a reservation and per-paid to park.. The staff seemed to have things well organized.

You park your own vehicle with their direction and you keep your keys. We arrived after noon and it took the bus to the port a while to fill up because people were slowly arriving. We waited in the van maybe 30 minutes. I think this would have been faster earlier in the day. The crew had luggage in the order of drop offs. Ours was the last ship that got dropped off after I think 3 stops at other cruise lines. The drop offs went very quickly at each stop. We arrive SAFE cruise parking at 12:15 and were dropped off at 1:00.

We were told where to meet for our pick up and given a smiley sticker to wear that day.

We walked off with our luggage about 7:20 and went to the pick up location after clearing customs etc.. A dispatcher with a hand held sign saw our sticker and showed us where to wait with others. He called the van and gave us a pick up time. The van was already picking up at other cruise lines so we waited less than 15 minutes from exiting to sitting in the van. There was only one other quick stop after we were picked up. We were in our car all loaded to leave at 8:05. The car was fine. We had to roll our luggage to and from the car. There was very easy access to the freeway from the lot and we were glad to be out of the port traffic.

All in all SAFE parking worked well for us and delivered what they promised.