Langford hotel

LHT28

I booked this hotel for our upcoming cruise because of the great rate. TA gives it good reviews although the rooms look very small.

Hope you will report back after your stay

We are not sailing until Dec so plenty of time

Lyn

We stayed at the Langford in late December and had a nice stay. It is newly renovated and the rooms were somewhat small but the renovations were well done. The staff was very good.

It's close to the metromover, which is one of our priorities in downtown Miami.

Its a good location and I have heard good things about the hotel. Great rooftop bar and restaurant in the lobby. Vero Italian is right near by and its a great Italian choice if you are looking for that. Tons of places to eat or grab a drink near by.

Only negative is at night there is a bit of a homeless population in the area, not dangerous, just an annoyance with all the begging, panhandling.

Thanks for the additional updates

Is the Metromover the one with the CVS near there?

We have stayed at Intercontinental & walking back from Bayside you see the homeless as well

Would not be out very late anyway :)

The price is appealing

We have stayed at Intercontinental & walking back from Bayside you see the homeless as well

Would not be out very late anyway :)

The price is appealing

Hi Lyn,

My wife and I are staying at this hotel, both pre and post cruise coming up in June. I will come back and give you my take on things at that time. Looks like good reviews and a pretty good location. Got a nice deal on Hotwire.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

The Metromover is the free automated peoplemover system in downtown, many stations all around downtown. As for CVS/Walgreens there are tons in the area. Never more than 3-4 blocks away from one.

The Metromover is the free automated peoplemover system in downtown, many stations all around downtown. As for CVS/Walgreens there are tons in the area. Never more than 3-4 blocks away from one.

Yes we have used the Metromover when we stayed at the Hampton inn I was trying to visualize the location of the Langford ;)

Appreciate the report when you return

I may book it then decide after your report what to do

We will probably not arrive until 5pm so just a place to sleep

Yes we have used the Metromover when we stayed at the Hampton inn I was trying to visualize the location of the Langford ;)

Appreciate the report when you return

I may book it then decide after your report what to do

We will probably not arrive until 5pm so just a place to sleep

From the 10th street metromover stop that you probably took when you were at the Hampton Inn, you would go towards downtown and get off in 4 stops at the Knight Center Station. Take the elevators to the bottom and go out the door on the left. Make a left and go up and two blocks make a right and there is the hotel.

I've eaten at the restaurant at the bottom and few times and was just at the bar upstairs for a friends birthday again. They have a great happy hour up there!

From the 10th street metromover stop that you probably took when you were at the Hampton Inn, you would go towards downtown and get off in 4 stops at the Knight Center Station. Take the elevators to the bottom and go out the door on the left. Make a left and go up and two blocks make a right and there is the hotel.

Thanks

I cannot remember the name of the stop we used but it seems like the hotel would be in a good position for pre cruise stay

Thanks

• 4 months later...
Hi Lyn,

My wife and I are staying at this hotel, both pre and post cruise coming up in June. I will come back and give you my take on things at that time. Looks like good reviews and a pretty good location. Got a nice deal on Hotwire.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Kel

Any news on your stay ???

Looking for 2 nights in Dec the price is good just wondered how the location & rooms were

Lyn

Kel

Any news on your stay ???

Looking for 2 nights in Dec the price is good just wondered how the location & rooms were

Lyn

Oops, sorry Lyn,

The hotel is great! Close to the Metromover, and about a 10 minute walk over to the Bayside Market area.

We liked the room we got (#715) and the wonderful Desk agent, Rachel made sure we got the same room the next week after our first cruise. Check out time was 11:00am, but once again, Rachel waved that and allowed us to check out at 12 noon. The building is an old bank building and has great wood floors and old school elevators. Our room was spacious with a large shower with a glass door (we prefer showers over a tub set up). Quiet area that is slowly being rebuilt.

We ate at a great breakfast place (Cafe Bastille), a block or so east of the hotel on the same street. Great options with a french flare. Walgreens, Macy's, Ross, and Marshalls all a couple of blocks away.

The hotel can arrange transport to the ship (I think it was $6 per person), but we just had Rachel order a cab for us and it was around $20 including a tip.

Any other questions let me know,

Enjoy!

Kel:D

Thanks Kel

Were the rooms bright natural light ?

I think of old banks as dark & gloomy LOL

What about noise in the area ?

Sounds good otherwise

I have the Hampton inn booked but I like the location of the Langford better (I think )

Thanks Kel

Were the rooms bright natural light ?

I think of old banks as dark & gloomy LOL

What about noise in the area ?

Sounds good otherwise

I have the Hampton inn booked but I like the location of the Langford better (I think )

Hi Lyn,

It's an old building, but they remodeled to a chic upscale type hotel. We were on the back side of the building, so it was quiet, but no view. Upstairs is a trendy roof top bar that stays open until 2:00am. I think that was up several floors above our room so we didn't get the DJ music. Next door is a low income apartment and we saw a few characters, but nothing really negative. Bed was good and the A/C worked well. Everything in the room was new. Large window, but we kept the blinds closed.

We took the Metromover (free) over to the Brickell area and had a wonderful lunch at Rosa Mexicano. Table side guacamole and great entrees, a bit pricey.

Enjoy!

Kel:D