Dining - Definition of Flexi Early and Flexi Late?

logan25

I read these are available under Bella, but I cannot find their definition. They are at least different than Classic, but how?

think you are mixing up experiences:-

BELLA, Fantastica , Aurea, Wellness and Yacht Club

with voyagers club:-

Welcome, CLASSIC, Silver, Gold and Black.

Pete

Here is the text found under balcony staterooms with Bella Experience on Seaside:

Dining flexibility with Flexi Early or Flexi Late seating. Switching the dining

time is available after booking or after boarding, but subject to availability.

What ship is this? Also, what country did you get this language from? MSC is famous for printing different descriptors in different countries. If we know the ship and country I'm sure someone can chime In. Based on US literature, flexi early Bella is a new descriptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately my Meraviglia booking has disappeared, however the way the flexi dining is designed to work is that you will be able to reserve a table within a specific time slot, so for early between for example 6.00pm and 8.00pm and for late between say 9.00pm and and 10.30pm

Classic dining with the same table at the same time will also be available in traditional early and late sittings

Fantastica experience on the UK Site says:

More dining flexibility to make the most of your cruise. On the MSC Meraviglia/MSC Seaside/MSC Seaview, you choose from Classic dining with first/second sitting, or Flexi dining with your preferred time. You can switch after booking or after boarding. If you choose Flexi dining, you can change your time daily, subject to availability, with priority on changes.*

Unfortunately my Meraviglia booking has disappeared, however the way the flexi dining is designed to work is that you will be able to reserve a table within a specific time slot, so for early between for example 6.00pm and 8.00pm and for late between say 9.00pm and and 10.30pm

Classic dining with the same table at the same time will also be available in traditional early and late sittings

More dining flexibility to make the most of your cruise. On the MSC Meraviglia/MSC Seaside/MSC Seaview, you choose from Classic dining with first/second sitting, or Flexi dining with your preferred time. You can switch after booking or after boarding. If you choose Flexi dining, you can change your time daily, subject to availability, with priority on changes.*

Thanks for that, Tim.

About time MSC began offering a little more flexibility. That's made the new ships even more attractive to me as Aurea and YC were the only 'Experiences' to offer this before now - with the way prices are going, I don't think I'll be booking either of them anytime soon. I'll be making the most of YC sailing on Meraviglia this year, that's for sure!

Very true Bea! As I was in a balcony suite on Armonia last year we had MyChoice dining - which was good. The only thing I wasn't so keen on was not having the same waiter. I like to build a rapport with the waiters, and they can greatly improve the dining experience.

I like the way it seems to be within a certain time slot; only a percentage of the guests can want the same timeslot with it being like this, so it should hopefully prevent the Freestyle Queing system on Norwegian!!

Tim

Very true Bea! As I was in a balcony suite on Armonia last year we had MyChoice dining - which was good. The only thing I wasn't so keen on was not having the same waiter. I like to build a rapport with the waiters, and they can greatly improve the dining experience.

I like the way it seems to be within a certain time slot; only a percentage of the guests can want the same timeslot with it being like this, so it should hopefully prevent the Freestyle Queing system on Norwegian!! Tim

We had the same table on Sinfonia for 35 nights in the Anytime restaurant: for our 7 night, East Med AND 6 weeks later for the 24 night repo AND the 4 night B2B Durban-Durban with the same waiters and a wonderful head waiter who went above and beyond to make sure we were looked after.

We had the same table on Sinfonia for 35 nights in the Anytime restaurant: for our 7 night, East Med AND 6 weeks later for the 24 night repo AND the 4 night B2B Durban-Durban with the same waiters and a wonderful head waiter who went above and beyond to make sure we were looked after.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the staff, what I'm getting at is the true 'Any time' of just turning up meant this didn't happen which was our fault for not reserving and sticking to it! We were out enjoying the ports of call :cool:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the staff, what I'm getting at is the true 'Any time' of just turning up meant this didn't happen which was our fault for not reserving and sticking to it! We were out enjoying the ports of call :cool:

I didn't think you were, Tim. I got the wrong impression about 'Anytime' LOL before sailing. I naively thought you could just turn up but they emphatically encouraged people to come at a regular time and to choose between early and late seating, which kinda defeated the whole purpose. You could come 'anytime' but it was frowned on. I can understand the logistics of trying to seat people - especially with the bigger tables - they can't exactly put late-comers with those who're already in the middle of dinner. That's why we "booked" our 2-top for both cruises - we actually requested on the first cruise if we could 'pre-book' it for 6 weeks later as it was in a great spot in the restaurant and they duly obliged. :D

We had the Aurea My Choice dining twice last year, on the Opera and then on the Musica. In both cases the maitre accommodated us with the same waiter and a flexible 30 minute window (i.e. between 8 and 8.30 pm) to show up. We usually also had the same 2-person table. Worked great. We prefer Yacht Club but that's available only on the four Fantasia class ships. On the others the Aurea suites are very nice.

Here is what is written on my documents.

Dining TypeFlexi Late (8:15pm - 9:30pm)

• 4 months later...
How does the Flexi dining work on MSC? Can you pre-book your time you want before the cruise or do you show up when you want to eat?

Flexi dining was only being offered on Meraviglia and has since been suspended as it didn't work out. They have reverted to the classic Early and Late seating as a result and are in the process of reviewing it with a leaning toward scrapping it.

MyChoice is available for Aurea 'Experience' guests across the fleet - you pick what time suits you each night, though you do need to make a reservation if you want to come at different times as they prefer you to 'opt' for a set time over the course of the cruise for logistical purposes.