Oasis/allure or Harmony?

sprint180

If you've been on both I could use your help. We have me at 47 years and my children. 18, 20, 25, 26, 27 and grandson 8 wanting to do a Caribbean cruise. I was wondering if there was one reason besides price that you would choose one over the other?

Thank you

Vicki

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All things being equal - I'd pick the Harmony just because it's the newest of the three and has the cool slides. Otherwise, I'd pick the one with the best price and, if that's a factor for you, the itinerary.

As mentioned, if slides are a big deal, then I'd go with Harmony.

Other factors:

Days of week: Harmony sails Saturday to Saturday, the other ships sail Sunday to Sunday.

Shows: Oasis has CATS, Allure has Mamma Mia, Harmony has Grease.

Port: Oasis is at Port Canaveral, the other ships are at Port Everglades.

Bob said it best above.

For me it's Harmony for slides, then Allure because it's in Fort Lauderdale, and Oasis last because she sails from Port Canaveral which is further from the closet airport. Love Oasis, just it's a longer haul to get there.

Bob said it best above.

For me it's Harmony for slides, then Allure because it's in Fort Lauderdale, and Oasis last because she sails from Port Canaveral which is further from the closet airport. Love Oasis, just it's a longer haul to get there.

For us, Port Canaveral is preferred because it's much less crowded, hotels are less expensive, more nonstop flights to MCO, and free drinks on John's condo balcony.

As mentioned, if slides are a big deal, then I'd go with Harmony.

Other factors:

Days of week: Harmony sails Saturday to Saturday, the other ships sail Sunday to Sunday.

Port: Oasis is at Port Canaveral, the other ships are at Port Everglades.

As usual, Bob has it summarized, since most of the OP's family are adults, I'll emphasize the shows

I would stay away from Harmony - lots of service and food issues - reviews are consistently lower than the other 2 o-class ships - Harmony is build cheap and has less free deck-space

Germanfflyer makes some good points too. In November we found food service in specialty dinning to be lacking compared to her sisters. We are on her again in March so I am hoping that that issue has improved. If not they don't Allure would be my favourite of the three.

For us, Port Canaveral is preferred because it's much less crowded, hotels are less expensive, more nonstop flights to MCO, and free drinks on John's condo balcony.

Are you taking bets in how long until John sees this and responds.:D

Or just wait till he retires and you can use his Airbnb.:D

Don't forget you can meet Bella.

64493a936ca89d043dfeec837757bfdb.jpg

Are you taking bets in how long until John sees this and responds.:D

I had to get cell phone for this picture.

5efb282394b5418ee532696b87f28d66.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Surprised no mention of the missing Solarium pool on Harmony. Plus my biggest deal breaker is the lack of umbrella tables at Harmony's beach pool.

John, who is getting wore out jumping between laptop and phone. :o

Excellent points!

All three ships are very similar. We sailed Oasis in Sept and Harmony last month. We had no issues with service anywhere on Harmony. (After reading the comments here I question if I'm on a different ship most times) :cool:

IMO pick the ship and itinerary that works best for you.

it is a fact Harmony is build cheaper than her sisters - lots of glass in the solarium replaced by plastic foil that is blind or torn and making wind noise - Harmony has no solarium pool - Harmony main "Art" is photographies instead of the sculptures and such they use on other ships.

They big head in the lobby is plastic too and it shows already....it only looks good on pictures in reality it looks like a dollar-store-display because the plated plastic looks so cheap...

I've seen all 3 shows on land. Based on that, I'd do Allure first, Harmony second and Oasis last. Cats was painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums