Why Did You Choose The Room You Did?

momofslg

We chose an interior stateroom aboard the Legend to save money, since our 7-yr. old is joining us this time. Lo and behold, we were visited upon by the Upgrade Fairy, and she bumped us up to a Superior Oceanview w/ a Balcony at no additional charge. :)

I like to get the most for my money.So I look over deck plans and read reviews before I decide. Why pay the same amount and get the same size as most cabins-- there are a few that are bigger for the same amount of money. I used to book guarantees but never once did I get upgraded so I dont like to take that chance again.

9392 is an awesome balcony.

Hmm...Interesting question. I chose my room for several reasons.

1. It is just me and my 10 year old.

2. I wanted to get as cheap as possible since this is my first cruise.

3. I wanted very little noise around me. IE: Elevators, stairs, etc. I ended up way up front, in a 1A, no portholes so I have been told. And I also heard since it butts up to the Empty white area in the front, I will be hearing the Anchor every time it drops/comes up. so i guess that negates the "no noise".

We have normally done inside or ocean view. Also have never really pick my own room. This time I pick 8333 which is a wrap around balcony :D. I have never had a balcony. This will be for our 1st anniversay. I decided to spend a little more money on this cruise. Next time I'll just pick any balcony.

Kim

For Mexican Riviera Cruise (Carnival Spirit) we choose a wrap-around balcony - have been on that itinerary before - plan on spending more time in room - MUST HAVE a balcony - so picked the BIGGEST !!

For Med Cruise - (Carnival Liberty) after MUCH research - choose Suite on starboard side -

wanted a suite because Med Cruise is a special one - and decided on particular one on starboard side after reading these boards - (best view of Venice as you pull into port)

(Great thread !)

We chose our room (inside stateroom) because we won't spend much time there except to change and sleep and we're pretty easy to please. We did want to be somewhat near an elevator because Grandma can't walk the best and wanted to be in the middle because I tend to get motion sickness (not sure if I'll get seasick, but thought it was a good precaution).

We chose mini suites E729 and E731 on the CB because the balconies are covered and E731 is extended a bit. The photos looked fabulous. We had some rain on our last cruise and with a covered balcony we were still able to enjoy the balcony.

I also wanted a bathtub because I am spoiled! :)

We booked cabin 8088 on the RCCL Radiance of the Seas for our Alaska cruise because it is next to the glass elevators and it is much larger than many other balconies. I just wish I knew someone who had booked on of those cabins next to the elevators so I could find out exactly how big the balcony really is!!!

We typically book a category based on price (ie what we feel like spending) :p We are now retired and like to cruise a lot, so do not go for the suites or mini's so as to not spend it all on one trip. We did one balcony in Tahiti because the price was worth it to us. Insides are fine too... just great to be on the ship.

• 10 months later...

I bought my daugher and fiance a mid-ship cabin on the Riviera deck on the Conquest. It is an oceanview so they can see out (picture window), and it's about 4 or 5 cabins down from the elevators. It should be quiet, comfortable (big cabins - 220 Sq. feet) and motion should be less of a problem. This is their first cruise and I don't want them to be uncomfortable in any way if I can help it.

• 2 weeks later...

1st cruise, combining price and thinking we needed space we went for a superior interior on RCCL Spelendour of the Seas.

2nd cruise, somewhat unplanned for, we booked the cheapest guaranteed rate on NCLs Majesty, got upgraded a few categories. Oh we did miss that extra space.

3rd cruise, still refusing to pay for a window as we are so rarely in the room, we booked the Lower Promenade Deck on the Statendam to ALASKA for next July. I figure we can just cross the hall and have access to a really big balcony.

Archived