Need sleep on Sun Princess!!!

anjo

Currently on board Sun Princess. Lovely new beds wish I could get to sleep in them!! Constant noise in cabin from Hydraulic pump for doors driving me crazy! Approx every 2/3 minutes 24 hours a day!! Stateroom P231. Been to Customer service who don't want to or can't do anything about it. So much for Come Back New. I'm knackered. Happy with everything else, I just want to get to sleep. May have to bunk down in Vista Lounge.:o:(:mad:

Currently on board Sun Princess. Lovely new beds wish I could get to sleep in them!! Constant noise in cabin from Hydraulic pump for doors driving me crazy! Approx every 2/3 minutes 24 hours a day!! Stateroom P231. Been to Customer service who don't want to or can't do anything about it. So much for Come Back New. I'm knackered. Happy with everything else, I just want to get to sleep. May have to bunk down in Vista Lounge.:o:(:mad:

Good reason to pick your cabin carefully.

Not sure there is anything they can do.

Sorry to hear that, you won't be 'Escaping Completely' then? Never mind 'Coming Back New.':(

Is there not a spare cabin on board? :confused:

We were on the Sun Princess in P345 but didn't notice the noise so booked the same cabin on the Sea Princess thinking it to be a good choice :eek: But the noise you have mentioned Was loud & clear to hear each night - we just toughed it out but definitely would have preferred it not to be there. Other people along the corridor also mentioned it as well. It didn't spoil our cruise as any cruise is a good cruise as far as we are concerned.

Vicki.

Hello everyone, thanks for yr replies. All sorted. Thanks Princess.:DCaribe deck. Nana nap this arvo. Love Plaza deck normally, handy to everything. Think we picked P 314 and may have been moved. Never checked labels.

Hello everyone, thanks for yr replies. All sorted. Thanks Princess.:DCaribe deck. Nana nap this arvo. Love Plaza deck normally, handy to everything. Think we picked P 314 and may have been moved. Never checked labels.

Uncle Les knew they would find another cabin for you, now you can 'escape completely and come back new !!'

Enjoy..

:cool:

We always travel with ear plugs as you never know how loud your neighbours may be.

I never know how loud my wife will be - hence I always carry ear plugs!! :) The biggest worry re sounds on a ship (as also in an aircraft ) is when it suddenly all becomes very quiet!!! That is something you don't want to hear. Personally I can't abide beachside apartments - all those waves crashing on the sand drive me crazy!!! :) But normal ship noises are very comforting!!!