Alaska 2019

harbourside

Viking have listed their new cruises for 2019. 11 day Alaska Vancouver to Seward.

All the cabins in the V1 & V2 category are either sold or wait listed. This seems strange this far out, and only just listed.

How do you get from Seward to Anchorage for flights to Vancouver.

What would be my chances off getting a cabin. Should probably just look elsewhere.

I saw those sailings for 2019, lots of new ports of call in North America and even a Panama Canal sailing.

I would call a TA and check about cabins , ask what are the chances if you are on a waitlist of getting a cabin.

Good luck.

The Alaska sailings (and presumably other 2019 destinations) have been on sale for at least 5-6 weeks in the US, although they only recently appeared on the UK (and presumably NZ?) website. I did think of booking one but only DV2 and higher were available last week. Interestingly, DV3-DV6 have suddenly appeared again - go figure! BTW, when I rang Viking last week, they told me all the waitlists were in fact sold out and that they weren't taking reservations against them.

Re getting from Seward to Anchorage.. I would assume that part of your fare includes returning you to Anchorage. They can't just dump you off the ship in Seward and wish you luck. It's a goodly drive or train back to Anchorage from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Re getting from Seward to Anchorage.. I would assume that part of your fare includes returning you to Anchorage. They can't just dump you off the ship in Seward and wish you luck. It's a goodly drive or train back to Anchorage from there.

Don't assume -- that's exactly what the other cruise lines do.

Don't assume -- that's exactly what the other cruise lines do.

To back up what Perigrina and CharTrav said, I am quoting Vikings on information on what is included in their Alaskan Cruises:

• Airport transfers on date of embarkation/disembarkation with Viking Air Program

You are only on your own to get to or from Anchorage International Airport if you don't use Viking Air for your flights.