Fake People in Roll Calls

bigque

Is anybody that is currently in a roll call have been seeing this same exact greeting with different names???

"Hi Everyone! I am sailing on this cruise and looking forward to chatting with all of you"!

There is about 4 or 5 of them in our roll call and I looked in a couple of other roll calls and seeing the same thing!

I use that same line (similar to it) whenever I joined the roll call.

It's an automatic message generated when you click the "I'm sailing" button. Totally legit.

I was surprised to see a post from myself in a roll call, because all I've been doing is reading them. I don't believe I ever clicked on anything to join or confirm that I'm sailing. It's a little weird to see your own fake post.

it's when you go to the CC roll call pages (outside of the forum) and you select that you're on the cruise, it automatically posts that to the forum roll call for that sailing.

while nothing to be alarmed about. I wish they'd turn it off or just link you to the forum from the cc roll call pages vs auto posting.

Is anybody that is currently in a roll call have been seeing this same exact greeting with different names???

"Hi Everyone! I am sailing on this cruise and looking forward to chatting with all of you"!

There is about 4 or 5 of them in our roll call and I looked in a couple of other roll calls and seeing the same thing!

YES! I thought I was the only one imagining this! I wish there was a way I could tell our fellow passengers on the roll call to be cautious. Now I think I will report this to Cruise Critic.

YES! I thought I was the only one imagining this! I wish there was a way I could tell our fellow passengers on the roll call to be cautious. Now I think I will report this to Cruise Critic.

Why are you reporting these people? Read this thread, click on the links posted that explain what is happening. These are legitimate posts.

it's when you go to the CC roll call pages (outside of the forum) and you select that you're on the cruise, it automatically posts that to the forum roll call for that sailing.

while nothing to be alarmed about. I wish they'd turn it off or just link you to the forum from the cc roll call pages vs auto posting.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll take your word on this. But I don't recall this ever happening to me when I first log in on any roll call. And, I started my next cruise roll call thread and did not see this. I'll test this out.