Miami Hotels January 2018

Gramcooks

I was looking for a hotel to stay in pre cruise on Jan. 20 checking out Jan 21, 2018 and the rates are one hundred dollars more than the same time we stayed last year! When you add on the taxes and resort fees the cost is over $300.00 for one night! I know prices are higher in January, but this is really way to high for one night. Is January some kind of holiday in Florida? January 20 falls on a Saturday. Thanks for your help with this.

Rates jumped this year and I expect the same in 2018. You are looking at a "resort" during MLK holiday week. Lots will do winter breaks then. Altho that isn't the main reason.

PEAK season rates in an environment where people are willing to pay...is the story.

We just returned from sailing on the Disney Magic 1/29 to 2/8/17 (back to back).DH has mobility issues so we booked the Doubletree Grand cruise package for 2. It was $269 base or $302 with fees and taxes. It included breakfast for 2 and one way transportation from POM to airport. It was more than we wanted to spend, but the King Jr Suite was very nice. It was Marathon Weekend and the area was jumping. We took the Super shuttle from MIA to Doubletree.

• 1 month later...
I also am finding the same problem for end of Jan in Ft Lauderdale, I cant get over the prices!!

Yes us too. We are looking for a hotel for the 25th (Thursday) and the prices are crazy. I normally book with hotwire, but even than the prices arent great. We are looking at about $400 (Australian) a night.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I was looking for a hotel to stay in pre cruise on Jan. 20 checking out Jan 21, 2018 and the rates are one hundred dollars more than the same time we stayed last year! When you add on the taxes and resort fees the cost is over $300.00 for one night! I know prices are higher in January, but this is really way to high for one night. Is January some kind of holiday in Florida? January 20 falls on a Saturday. Thanks for your help with this.

It is peak season.

I did check on Last minute travel for you.

Atton Brickell which is brand new and really nice is available for $186.83. It's Latin American chain new to the US and is located right near the new Homewood suites. Great hotel and price. I would grab this. You are within walking distance to everything in Brickell. The back of Publix which is on Coral Way is right across the street so you can walk to that as well as their liquor store and a Walgreens if you need it. All the restaurants in Brickell are very close.

The JW Marriott on Brickell Ave is $255

A quick search on The Hilton, Marriott, and La Quinta sites all yielded rooms under $200 before taxes. Given these are going to be closer to the airport area, but many will offer shuttles for a small fee or Uber is readily available. As many have mentioned it's an expensive time to travel there, but still plenty of options depending on what you're looking for.