Lobster night

does Royal Caribbean still have lobster night in the main dining room on five night cruises? If so, which night? Thanks!

If the cruise is based out of the US, they still have "free" lobster on one night in Main Dining Room. The particular night varies with ship and itinerary.

You can get lobster in the windjammer buffet the day of the lobster night too. On one of the cruises we went on, my friends and I all gained so much weight none of us could fit into our dresses on formal night which was the lobster night, so we just headed to the buffet and surprising they served it in the buffet lol

You can get lobster in the windjammer buffet the day of the lobster night too. On one of the cruises we went on, my friends and I all gained so much weight none of us could fit into our dresses on formal night which was the lobster night, so we just headed to the buffet and surprising they served it in the buffet lol

It's buffet quality lobster, so I'm not surprised it's on the buffet also. People are so funny when it comes to lobster, I've never seen anything like it.

I don't want readers of this post to think that this happens on all cruises. It doesn't. :)

We just got off the Liberty (2/19-2/26).

Lobster night in the main dining room is the 2nd Formal Night (it was Friday Night for us, after Cozumel stop).

The 1st formal night has Lobster Bisque tho.

however, you could "upgrade" to full lobster any night from the menu in the main dining room.

Interestingly, on Sat. night, we heard reports (from friends who never ate in the main dining room) that Windjammer had the lobster tails as well -- I suspect they were leftovers from Friday in the Main Dining. . but they were there, for what it's worth.

(Main Dining Room had a scallops option on that last Sat evening)

It's buffet quality lobster, so I'm not surprised it's on the buffet also. People are so funny when it comes to lobster, I've never seen anything like it.

I agree, being from Maine lobster night is EVERY night as long as you are willing to pay the extra for a REAL Maine lobster off the menu.

The "lobster" they serve on "lobster" night is like eating a rubber chicken!! When your lobster isn't red after it is boiled its probably a rubber chicken.;)

B2b on Liberty in Feb 2017, walked up to Windjammer to check on 2nd formal night (lobster nite) both weeks after dinner, we eat early. all the way at the back where they do omelets for braekfast was a plater of half lobster tails. just fyi

Does anyone know if it's spiny lobster or if it's maine lobster? I remember in 2015 on Allure it was spiny lobster and it was actually really inedible. I'm not a picky eater at all and lobster is one of my favorite foods of all time but what was served that night was spiny lobster and it was mushy and almost paste-list.

Im hoping that maybe Maine lobster holds up better to the cooking in the MDR and maybe it was the spiny lobster that was the problem.

Does anyone know if it's spiny lobster or if it's maine lobster? I remember in 2015 on Allure it was spiny lobster and it was actually really inedible. I'm not a picky eater at all and lobster is one of my favorite foods of all time but what was served that night was spiny lobster and it was mushy and almost paste-list.

Im hoping that maybe Maine lobster holds up better to the cooking in the MDR and maybe it was the spiny lobster that was the problem.

Maine Lobster is an upcharge. The free Lobster is the warm water lobster.

Maine Lobster is an upcharge. The free Lobster is the warm water lobster.

and when you upgrade, it's the WHOLE lobster, not just the tail.

and it was goooood broiled :)

Oh that's too bad. My friends just got back from a 7 night western on Carnival Vista and they had Maine lobster tail with no upcharge. :(

Easy Folks. It is very easy to tell Warm water tails (Spiney Lobster) from cold water tails by observing the exterior (color) and fins on the end of the tail. 100% agreed, there is no comparison in taste and texture. Warm water lobster is disgusting.

We have cruised RCI several times and have never served Spiney Lobster on second formal night.

I am sure that if they can not get cold water tails then they would be forced to serve the other option.

Praying we have Maine Lobster tails on our upcoming Serenade cruise in 2 weeks.

Easy Folks. It is very easy to tell Warm water tails (Spiney Lobster) from cold water tails by observing the exterior (color) and fins on the end of the tail. 100% agreed, there is no comparison in taste and texture. Warm water lobster is disgusting.

We have cruised RCI several times and have never served Spiney Lobster on second formal night.

I am sure that if they can not get cold water tails then they would be forced to serve the other option.

Praying we have Maine Lobster tails on our upcoming Serenade cruise in 2 weeks.

My experience is the opposite. I've never seen Maine lobster tail.