Loyalty perks - Elite on Captain's Club

bertrande

We turned Elite after our last cruise on Celebrity even though we are only Platinum (50 points) on C&A. I understand that means we will be accorded Diamond status on our next RCL cruise in April (yay!). Just a couple of questions on this - we are due to turn Emerald after this cruise. Will we still receive the signature lapels for Emerald and thereafter Diamond when we hit 80 points? Or will we no longer receive them since we are now "Diamond" anyway - it's a small thing but it would be nice to get them. Also, is the Diamond milestone recognition and commemorative gift only for when we hit 80 points on C&A? Lastly, will our two children now be accorded Diamond status as well or will they remain at Platinum? Celebrity only gives them membership into Captain's Club when they hit 18.

We had not expected to hit Elite so quickly and were in fact working towards gaining our Diamond qualification on RCL first; a room upgrade on our Celebrity cruise turned things around.

Thanks in advance!

We turned Elite after our last cruise on Celebrity even though we are only Platinum (50 points) on C&A. I understand that means we will be accorded Diamond status on our next RCL cruise in April (yay!). Just a couple of questions on this - we are due to turn Emerald after this cruise. Will we still receive the signature lapels for Emerald and thereafter Diamond when we hit 80 points? Or will we no longer receive them since we are now "Diamond" anyway - it's a small thing but it would be nice to get them. Also, is the Diamond milestone recognition and commemorative gift only for when we hit 80 points on C&A? Lastly, will our two children now be accorded Diamond status as well or will they remain at Platinum? Celebrity only gives them membership into Captain's Club when they hit 18.

We had not expected to hit Elite so quickly and were in fact working towards gaining our Diamond qualification on RCL first; a room upgrade on our Celebrity cruise turned things around.

Thanks in advance!

You will be recognized as Diamond on your cruise because you are Elite on Celebrity and receive reciprocal benefits only.

If, after this cruise, when you reach Emerald, in order to achieve Diamond level on RCI you must earn those 80 points by cruising on RCI.

Just ask the LA for the Emerald pins.

The commerative gift starts at 140 points and every 70 points thereafter.

Kids should be diamond.

You should call C&A to make sure your status with Celebrity gets transferred over, don't rely on it happening automatically.

Thanks! Does that mean since we get 1 free photo as Diamond, 4 of us (2 adults 2 kids) would get 4 free photos? I usually get the photo package but don't intend to this time round.

Thanks! Does that mean since we get 1 free photo as Diamond, 4 of us (2 adults 2 kids) would get 4 free photos? I usually get the photo package but don't intend to this time round.

Here is a link to all the coupons that will be loaded onto each Diamond Member's SeaPass Card http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52389116&postcount=9 There is also a list of what you can expect in the Diamond Lounge during 5-8:30 or 4:30-8. Each Adult Diamond Member will also have 3 drinks loaded onto their SeaPass card, in addition to what is available in the lounge, that can be used at most bars around the ship during the same hours.

Here is a link to all the coupons that will be loaded onto each Diamond Member's SeaPass Card http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52389116&postcount=9 There is also a list of what you can expect in the Diamond Lounge during 5-8:30 or 4:30-8. Each Adult Diamond Member will also have 3 drinks loaded onto their SeaPass card, in addition to what is available in the lounge, that can be used at most bars around the ship during the same hours.

Thanks! We would be happy with 4 free photos.

We're Diamond and never received any pins or commemorative gifts for any levels, but we wouldn't wear the pins, so I never bothered to make a point of it. On our cruise last week, we also learned that there is no longer a welcome basket for the welcome gift amenity. You still get your selected soft drink in your cabin, but there was a plate of cookies from the kitchen instead of the welcome basket, and the LA confirmed that this is what they are now giving. Nothing else ever arrived from the kitchen during the cruise (usually get chocolate covered strawberries, or the chef's selection), so I don't know if the cookie plate replaces that too.

Someone who cruises with kids needs to jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong! I don't think the kids' coupons include a free photo, only the adult ones. If your kids are over 21, they'll get adult coupons, but if they're under 21, they'll get the kids' coupons. (or maybe it's 18????)

I'm sorry to be so "iffy" with this information, but we don't travel with kids so I have no first hand experience and I'm just passing on what I've learned here on CC about kids getting different coupons.

Judy

Someone who cruises with kids needs to jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong! I don't think the kids' coupons include a free photo, only the adult ones. If your kids are over 21, they'll get adult coupons, but if they're under 21, they'll get the kids' coupons. (or maybe it's 18????)

I'm sorry to be so "iffy" with this information, but we don't travel with kids so I have no first hand experience and I'm just passing on what I've learned here on CC about kids getting different coupons.

Judy

The coupons that Patti posted do not apply to kids under 18.

You will only get 2 photos.

The kids regardless of C&A level all get the same coupons.

Thanks Judy and Ken for clarifying. I meant to type "adult" in the first line before Diamond Member but the fingers didn't do what the brain told them to do! :o

We're Diamond and never received any pins or commemorative gifts for any levels, but we wouldn't wear the pins, so I never bothered to make a point of it. On our cruise last week, we also learned that there is no longer a welcome basket for the welcome gift amenity. You still get your selected soft drink in your cabin, but there was a plate of cookies from the kitchen instead of the welcome basket, and the LA confirmed that this is what they are now giving. Nothing else ever arrived from the kitchen during the cruise (usually get chocolate covered strawberries, or the chef's selection), so I don't know if the cookie plate replaces that too.

We were Elite with Celebrity when we sailed with Royal the 1st time. We received pins for all 3 Royal levels on that first cruise. At the time I didn't know what that meant. The pins are somewhere around the house. Diamond on 1st cruise with Royal. Would have to earn our way to Diamond + as our Elite + does not transfer to Diamond +. Enjoy your Diamond cruise.

TBH we just left our pins in cabin and on 140 nights gave the glass ship sculpture of Harmony to the cabin steward.We have never cruised Celebrity but will be D+ after a 3 night cruise on independence in April and would be curious what benefits I would get on Celebrity as D+ and appreciate any input from cc members.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

TBH we just left our pins in cabin and on 140 nights gave the glass ship sculpture of Harmony to the cabin steward.We have never cruised Celebrity but will be D+ after a 3 night cruise on independence in April and would be curious what benefits I would get on Celebrity as D+ and appreciate any input from cc members.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

You have already hit your limit on Celebrity. Beyond Elite you must earn all of the required Celebrity points.

Diamond, Diamond Plus & Pinnacle all receive reciprocal status of Elite on Celebrity.

You will be recognized as Diamond on your cruise because you are Elite on Celebrity and receive reciprocal benefits only.

If, after this cruise, when you reach Emerald, in order to achieve Diamond level on RCI you must earn those 80 points by cruising on RCI.

Celebrity Elites reciprocally become RCI C&A Diamonds permanently. If they had never sailed on RCI their POINT COUNT starts at 0 (zero), but they are still Diamond. Since OP has stated they already have 50 C&A points going into their upcoming cruise, that point count will NOT change with their newly acquired reciprocal Diamond status. Assume they have a 7 night cruise in less than a JS, they will have 57 C&A points after that cruise, but they will still be Diamond. In order to get to D+ after this cruise they will need 175 - 57 = 118 additional C&A points.

Thom

who was C&A Diamond with 0 points due to reciprocity from Celebrity, but is now D+ with over 175 C&A points (no credit for Captain's Club points)

Celebrity Elites reciprocally become RCI C&A Diamonds permanently. If they had never sailed on RCI their POINT COUNT starts at 0 (zero), but they are still Diamond. Since OP has stated they already have 50 C&A points going into their upcoming cruise, that point count will NOT change with their newly acquired reciprocal Diamond status. Assume they have a 7 night cruise in less than a JS, they will have 57 C&A points after that cruise, but they will still be Diamond. In order to get to D+ after this cruise they will need 175 - 57 = 118 additional C&A points.

Thom

who was C&A Diamond with 0 points due to reciprocity from Celebrity, but is now D+ with over 175 C&A points (no credit for Captain's Club points)

That is correct. The OP needs to earn 23 future points on RCI to be recognized as Diamond on RCI because they will earn 7 points on their upcoming cruise.. They are being recognized as Diamond on this upcoming cruise because of their Elite level on Celebrity.

Never got our Emerald pins either, did not miss them. We jumped from Platinum to Diamond on the same longer length cruise one year. I finally did get to see one on Serenade last week, but the pax on the ship had to point out why they looked different from a Diamond pin. Looked identical to me, but if you have strong reading glasses with you, the emerald pin has a tiny green piece of glass, versus the Diamond pin's clear glass. ;)

,,,The OP needs to earn 23 future points on RCI to be recognized as Diamond on RCI because they will earn 7 points on their upcoming cruise...
Unless this has changed considerably from what happened to me personally, and differs from what is listed on the internet, this is not correct.

A Celebrity's Captain's Club benefit is Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society (this is not automatic; it does require action to request this). Once this happens the person IS a Diamond, and is listed that way on their C&A account page. Yes they have only 50 points prior to their cruise and presumably 57 points after their cruise, but they are still Diamond. All earning 23 future points changes is a move from being a Diamond member with 57 points to being a Diamond member with 80 points. Nothing else changes (unless you differentiate between being a reciprocal Diamond and an "earned" Diamond).