What's New?

April2412

I am a Diamond member but haven't been on a cruise for maybe 4 years. What's new with Royal Caribbean? Any big changes or anything new that I should know about?

Gratuities automatically added to your onboard account on a daily basis.

No smoking on balconies.

I am a Diamond member but haven't been on a cruise for maybe 4 years. What's new with Royal Caribbean? Any big changes or anything new that I should know about?

April, I am sort of "in the same boat" with you...I am also Diamond, but haven't been on Royal Caribbean in two and a half years (or will be that by the time we embark in June)...

Of course, aside what has been already said, here is what I would add: A lot depends on WHICH SHIP you are on...A lot of what is new is directly tied to the ships...The newest ships are VERY different from what you may have cruised on four years ago...Assorted restaurants replace the main dining room...lots of new amenities...Also, if you haven't cruised on the Oasis class, a lot is different on there than the older ships--various entertainment venues, the need to reserve show times, etc.

So look closely into which ship you will be on and compare to which ships you've been on...The differences may be staggering...

Your best bet is to read the member reviews of the ship you are taking.

There are many which are full of detail and insight.

That would make more sense than asking people to catch you up on the last 4 years.

Hey no need to be rude. If you don't want to provide any information just don't respond. I am not asking for someone to tell me every little thing that has happened in the last 4 years. Just looking to see if anyone has anything big to share.

Hey no need to be rude. If you don't want to provide any information just don't respond. I am not asking for someone to tell me every little thing that has happened in the last 4 years. Just looking to see if anyone has anything big to share.

Don't be hyper-sensitive. Too many people walk around looking to be offended all the time.

Nobody is being rude to you.

I am just suggesting the best way to "catch up".....

Don't be hyper-sensitive. Too many people walk around looking to be offended all the time.

Nobody is being rude to you.

I am just suggesting the best way to "catch up".....

I am not sensitive or offended. I just don't see the purpose of wasting your time responding if all you are going to say is that you don't want to help. I am doing many different things to "catch up" and one of those was to reach out and see if there is anything that stood out to anybody. To me that is the whole point of these boards.

There aren't a lot of significant changes.

They are no longer giving Diamond members gifts in the cabins. They used to give caps, totebags, etc. They stopped giving those and then they were giving you a gift basket with cookies and dried fruit. They recently stopped that too. The loyalty ambassador on Independence a couple of weeks ago said that the gift basket has been replaced with a plate of cookies. We received a plate of cookies but didn't get anything else from the kitchen (used to get a "chef's choice" delivered, like chocolate covered strawberries.)

Cool free stuff you'll get as Diamond:

You will get a free soft drink of your choice in your cabin, so be sure to select your preferences in your online account. You will get a free photo and free drinks each night for a few hours (3 on your card to enjoy at bars, or unlimited in the Diamond lounge).

How is the Diamond Club on Harmony? I think we got spoiled on Radiance in Alaska.....had a beautiful view and had unbelievable "bartenders".....anything we wanted (including teens) and however many we wanted - never a problem during the time there! Afraid we may be disappointed with no view.......opinions of Harmony Diamond Club???? ;p

How is the Diamond Club on Harmony? I think we got spoiled on Radiance in Alaska.....had a beautiful view and had unbelievable "bartenders".....anything we wanted (including teens) and however many we wanted - never a problem during the time there! Afraid we may be disappointed with no view.......opinions of Harmony Diamond Club???? ;p

I think you'll be disappointed...I know as D+ and used to wonderful DL's (which we seem to prefer). We're getting ready to sail HOTS in two weeks...and am setting my sights lower and not expecting what we've enjoyed on the Freedom, Voyager & Radiance class ships.