Table for 2 or Group Table

LaShelle2

Hubby and I did a B2B on the Legend years ago. The first week, we were at a table with a couple from the South. Had such a great time that we didn't want to chance it again.

2nd cruise, we asked for a table for 2. We had our seating all arranged before the first cruise was done.

Karen

One of our favorite things about cruising is meeting new people from different walks of life.

Have had some very wonderful and fascinating experiences.with a number of people we have sailed with again.

Once or twice we were not happy with tablemates so asked the MD to switch us to another table.

We just do anytime dining now to ensure a table for two. We had a bad experience a few years ago with some and it sucks when you dread going to dinner because of your tablemates. I guess we could've asked the maitre'd to move us but it was only a 5 day cruise so we decided to just suck it up.

Table for 2 every-time. Carnival doesn't have to many table for 2 in MDR. To me & my lovely; it's like date night 7 days in a row while on a cruise. Have to always ask when we board or now flash the Platnium to get it. Wish they had more tables for 2

I prefer to dine with just the 2 of us, but I understand others enjoy meeting new people. What are your preferences? Pros, cons, etc.

At land resorts we had always had a good time regardless of seating arrangements. On our first cruise however we were seated with a guy and his two kids. He spent the entire time each night deep in conversation with his girlfriend via cell phone while we chatted with his kids. We now get our own table.

Hit and miss.

13 cruises, 11 Carnival and 2 Royal

Only 1 cruise has it been just my wife and I. That was Royal. It was a Med cruise and we did MTD. Same table each night, same waiters, just the 2 of us at a 4 top.

Rest of our cruises have been assigned dining but with family or a group, so always had our own tables,, Except,,, twice

Out of those 2 times,,, once we had to ask for a different table, the other time we had fabulous and entertaining tablemates. He was on vacation with his 2 older boys. He was an executive chef on a private yacht. He had some great stories and experiences to share.

This is really hit and miss for us. We love to meet new people, and are still friends with some folks we met at dinner on our first cruise. However, on 2 of our cruises we ended up miserable. In one case, the man was a bore who wouldn't shut up, and in another the couple wouldn't say a word.

So, we tried anytime dining on our last cruise (Celebrity) and while we asked to be seated with others every night, we usually ended up by ourselves. That was nice sometimes but we really missed interacting with others.

For this upcoming cruise on Dream with our kids we have selected early dining. This is a first for us since we are usually late diners, but I think it will make it easier to catch the comedy shows and nightly entertainment. However, my secondary reason for choosing early dining is that it is generally easy to switch from early to late, and if we end up stuck with folks we don't like, we can do that without embarrassment.

I am all for meeting other people. However I do not want to sit with strangers or meet new people when I am eating my dinner. Everyone is different which is great, but I don't want to adjust my dinner to cater to other peoples wants nor do I expect them to do that for me. Some people want to sit down, have a blessing, and spend hours at a table chatting, drinking coffee, etc. I want to sit down, eat my food, and go. That's why we never sit with other people.