Marriott-brand hotels in Seattle

cruise.mode

Will need 2 pre-cruise nights in Seattle in August. We prefer Marriott-branded properties because we can use rewards points. We don't need luxury --- just clean and convenient! Any Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Residence Inn hotels convenient to Pier 91 that you'd recommend?

OP - pier 91 has zero hotels close by. It's well north of the downtown core. Sticking just to Marriott properties, the closest are Courtyard, then Residence (both almost next door to MOHAI at Lake Union) and then Springhill Suites all of which are about three miles from the pier.

Bruce - if Seattle is the start for OPs Alaskan cruise, how is it NOT appropriate to post here? Do you expect folks who write trip reports here to only mention their Alaskan ports of call and ignore Vancouver/Victoria/Seattle because they're not in Alaska? Regular Seattle posters also check this board, so while it may offend your opinion on how to use the site it will not detract from OPs chance of getting relevant replies.

If you ask this on the West Coast Departures board, where Seattle is covered (Seattle isn't in Alaska), you will get a lot more local knowledge.

OP - pier 91 has zero hotels close by. It's well north of the downtown core. Sticking just to Marriott properties, the closest are Courtyard, then Residence (both almost next door to MOHAI at Lake Union) and then Springhill Suites all of which are about three miles from the pier.

CruiserBruce: have never visited that board but will check it out. Thank you!

martincath: Excellent leads. I will take a look at each of them. Thank you, as well!

Regular Seattle posters also check this board

Regular Seattle posters also cruise to Alaska. ;)

Yes - serious lack of hotels in the Interbay area near Pier 91. Mostly zoned industrial and probably could not support a hotel in the off-season after the cruise ships leave. All the action is downtown or near Seattle Center. I just used TripAdvisor.com to select hotels for all the Marriott chains mentioned then pulled up the map to see where they are. Pretty slick tool for just this sort of question.

Regular Seattle posters also cruise to Alaska. ;)

Yes - serious lack of hotels in the Interbay area near Pier 91. Mostly zoned industrial and probably could not support a hotel in the off-season after the cruise ships leave. All the action is downtown or near Seattle Center. I just used TripAdvisor.com to select hotels for all the Marriott chains mentioned then pulled up the map to see where they are. Pretty slick tool for just this sort of question.

Yes, that does sound like a great tool! Thx for letting me know about it. Will check it out for sure.

As mentioned, there is the Residence Inn at South Lake Union. There is a trolley that stops about ? block from the entrance of the hotel that goes downtown to Westlake which is convenient walking to just about anywhere downtown. They have one of the best free hotel breakfasts we?ve had.

I am sailing from Seattle through the Panama Canal to FLL next October. Should I post my Seattle hotel questions on the Panama Canal board?

Asking about Seattle on the Panama Canal board - or why not be even more extreme, the World Cruising or Freighter board since both of these could also involve Seattle? - would be a situation where pointing you to West Coast (or PNW, or Alaska) would actually be helpful in getting an answer due to many more local posters and higher traffic. I'd suggest brushing up on reductio ad absurdum and the straw man fallacy.

The overlap in regular posters between Alaska/West Coast boards - even PNW - is such that it's pretty much irrelevant which board is used as to whether locals will answer. A single post on ANY of these boards will definitely get local responses and keeps all answers in one thread. Someone following your advice and reposting their question will get replies to both almost every time - depends which of the boards is read first - and now they have two sets of answers to track. More hassle!

• 2 weeks later...
Will need 2 pre-cruise nights in Seattle in August. We prefer Marriott-branded properties because we can use rewards points. We don't need luxury --- just clean and convenient! Any Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Residence Inn hotels convenient to Pier 91 that you'd recommend?

SeaTac airport is the best place to get Marriot Branded Hotels- at least 10 and is 1/2 of the price in downtown Seattle. Across Lake Washington (15 minutes from downtown Seattle), in Bellevue and Kirkland have several Marriot Branded Hotels. My advise is to stay out of Downtown Seattle, it has really gone downhill in the last 5 years- Homeless, drug addicts, piles of garbage and filth- urine and feces on the streets and in doorways. The mayor of Seattle is spending $100 million a year to help the homeless and wants $250 million for the homeless next year, All it does is attract homeless from all over the country.,

For those recommending staying by the airport, any suggestions for getting to port for someone with mobility issue? Taxi best bet?

Thanks for posting OP. I wasn't sure where to look. A forum called " Canada (alaska and Pacific Coast)" is confusing. I guess it's a combo but I thought it would be just Canada.

For those recommending staying by the airport, any suggestions for getting to port for someone with mobility issue? Taxi best bet?

Thanks for posting OP. I wasn't sure where to look. A forum called " Canada (alaska and Pacific Coast)" is confusing. I guess it's a combo but I thought it would be just Canada.

Mobility issues can cover a multitude of abilities. What are your requirements? Do you need a vehicle with a lift? Big enough for a scooter?

Seattle Express partners with numerous hotels.

Most cabs are Prius, altho some companies, ie Yellow Cab have wheelchair accessible vans.

Downtown Seattle hotels will cost more than the ones by the airport. I have the Marriott booked for July. It is on the water by Pikes Market and not too far from pier 66; where NCL docks. But I am taking Princess out of pier 91; but it is good location. There is also a Courtyard downtown. check it out on Marriott website.