What do you do when you first board the ship.

toescat

Most of our cruises involve an overnight flight, so we stowe our luggage, grab a bite, then back to the cabin so hubby can nap while I unpack. He is always in serious need of a nap. :D

1. Go to cabin.

2. Put wine bottles in fridge.

3. Set down any other carry on bags.

4. Head to MDR that is serving lunch (usually on Deck 6).

5. After lunch, head to IC to buy coffee card and put it to immediate use for some espresso and a dessert from the display case.

6. Back to cabin to see if luggage has arrived, and if so, unpack.

7. Out to a pool deck for sun and music, (preferably live, but a recorded concert will do if necessary).

We drop off our items and then grab a bite in the MDR that is open. Then we go back to cabin and call family to say we are in place!! Then the boys go and workout and then swim while i relax on the balcony before having to unpack.

Going in May and counting down the days :D

Go straight out onto the balcony and stare at the terminal and the people boarding. I don't know why!

Then Horizon Court because DH lives it. Again, don't know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Most of our cruises involve an overnight flight, so we stowe our luggage, grab a bite, then back to the cabin so hubby can nap while I unpack. He is always in serious need of a nap. :D

Totally agree !!!

eclue:cool:

My question of the day is: Once you have dropped your carry on's off in your cabin what do you do first.

I go to Horizon Court and eat, then grab a great big Margarita.

We head for the spa and get our thermal passes for the cruise, providing the ship has a thermal suite. Then relax/food :)

Cabin then the DR for a nice quiet lunch of embarkation salmon. :D

We do the same but include a phone call to the DINE line for reservations for our complimentary dinner in the Crown Grill the first night. Also call room service to swap out some of the mini bar (we leave out the bottles of liquor and cans of soda we want to swap) and also trade the 2nd minibar for two coffee cards (Elite in a suite).

Love the lunch in the MDR the first day. Love the shrimp/ avacado appetizer, hubby orders the beef medallions while I have the salmon.

Drop off things in cabin. Wipe down cabin with Clorox wipes. Call to get our water package delivered. If they won't answer the phone, then we go to pursers desk and have them call room service. we also switch out our Elite bar for things we like

We go to the Crowne Grill in person to make our reservations.

I run to the spa to get thermal pass

If we board in the first wave, we head to the buffet. If boarding later, we head to Alfredo's or the I/C so as to avoid buffet lines. We then return back to cabin and usually luggage has arrived, so we unpack and then run around the ship again justvt get a good walk in, stroll all over, watch people embarking, get a drink. Go back to cabin, watch more people embark, then it's muster time [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We usually:

1. Dump off luggage

2. Get Lunch

3. Back to the room to unpack (Snack on pre-ordered canapes).

4. Get a Pina Colada

5. Relax on the balcony

OH MY GOD! That all important day is finally here.

1. Check out cabin and meet new room stewart when he brings us our glasses of champagne and let him know if we are missing something in the cabin, like pre-ordered bathrobes, also, we usually need additional coat hangars and let him/her know it is nice to have the ice bucket full by 5:00 PM daily.

2. Call room service if pre-ordered liquor and beverages need adjusting and to make mini-bar set up changes.

3. Call dining reservations and make specialty reservations for all formal nights on the voyage.

4. If it is a ship we haven't been on before, when our luggage arrives, I put the bags on the bed and get out of the cabin letting the boss take care of it, then I do a recon and evaluation of the vessel.

5. If my timing is on, I get back and put the empty bags under the bed, then I give her a rundown on what I discovered about the ship out on our balcony, relaxing, she with a cocktail, I with my red and discuss what we are going to do for dinner. We try to avoid the MDR hassle the first evening and make it informal.

6. Life boat drill is next. Afterward, we go back to our balcony and drinks, as we take in the sail away from our balcony, I love sail aways. All, before dinner.

7. Dress for dinner, then I give her a tour of some of the more interesting features on the vessel that might interest her. Also, we check out all the ship's dining venues, maybe even make reservations or maybe even eat there for dinner that evening. After dinner we usually check out the ship's amenities a little more and if need be make reservations for stuff like the lotus spa, etc.

After dropping off carry ons in the room, the first stop is library to see if there are any swap books and leave some for the next passenger. Lunch in the dining room and then watch the activity on the dock, always amazed at the amount of liquor and soda that is loaded!

Unpack and take a nap before muster drill time, never seem to be early enough for lunch. After muster drill I like to explore the ship even if I know the lay out. Than sit down with a drink before dinner, I make sure I don't read the menu until we get to the 8:15 sitting. First afternoon and night are all about unwinding, I love the first day.

I never get on the ship super early, preferring to maximize my time in the port I am departing from. So by the time I board, the lines are shorter and it is past lunch time. However, the last cruise from San Pedro, we were able to check in our luggage and get our cruise cards before 11am. Then took a tour of the USS Iowa close by. Dropped my sister off back at the ship while I returned the rental car. I boarded the ship about 2.30pm for a 4pm sailaway. Pretty standard for me. By then I dropped my carry on and was about ready for the muster drill. Then to somewhere outside for sailaway.