Allure 2017 Main dining room menu?

• 2 months later...
I wonder - how many people ask for the restaurant menu at a land based resort they plan to go to?

Never been to a land based resort - do they have dinner menus that change nightly?

• 4 months later...

I've never been to a land based resort either but we can never go to any resturant without first checking out the menu. Calling ahead to find out more about the ingredients and find what ingredients the restaurant has to make custom adjustments. For those with severe medical dietary restrictions and reactions this is a way of life. One example, in the middle of the ocean if every salad dressing has soy in it you cannot run out to buy one you can eat or bring one from home since cannot bring liquids on a flight. It is much easier on the cruise line if I ask about these things ahead of time so I can ask about ingredients and not have to be so demanding once onboard. I spend most of my energy during a cruise seeing that my husband can eat safely but still enjoy himself. He needs a vacation. He spends so much time and energy seeing to my health issues at home. It is the least I can do to pay him back.

I had the opportunity to speak with someone from Mr. Bayley's office a couple of months ago and while speaking with her, I asked about the "new" menus and she told me the menus on Allure were basically staying the same, but the quality of the food was improving.

I sailed on Allure in July, which was after the discussion and didn't really see anything different or better than when I did in January. Being fair though, I only ate in the dining room two nights. I thought that in Chops and Giovanni's though, the menus changed from what is shown online.

Both of those menus had a scallop appetizer which is now gone. Chops has eliminated the onion soup and replaced it with lobster bisque and has added a wonderful rib eye steak to the menu.

Chops has eliminated the onion soup and replaced it with lobster bisque and has added a wonderful rib eye steak to the menu.

Now that's a shame. Love the onion soup!! (Although I like Lobster Bisque as well).

We cruised the Allure 8/20-27. The menus were the same as we had on the Explorer of the Seas last September (11 months earlier). But I will say the quality of the food seemed a notch better. Could simply be due to our state of mind, the fact that we had better servers, or just that we worked up more of an appetite. But it "seemed" a bit better prepared, more attractive presentation, and more temperature consistency.

Just off the ALLURE (IRMA CRUISE)

The food on this cruise was outstanding.

Some of the items I loved...Crab cake, Chicken Cordon Blu, Strip steak (perfectly cooked rare "my way"), Turkey with all the trimmings, Lasagna, Prime Rib, Lamb chops, Surf and Turf, Tiger shrimp, also an Antipasto, Caprice salad, Lobster Bisque, Onion soup,...(in no particular order)

These are just some of the MDR foods that I remember...every one was good.....

Best Roast Beef sandwich ever in the Park Cafe for lunch....Butter Chicken in the Windjammer....

I will admit as far as "stars" go, in a restaurant I'd rate the MDR food 4 stars...this is not a 5 star experience...there is no way you can feed 4,000 people (?) in 3 hours at 5 star level.

But...that said....I LOVED IT.