Staying on board Oasis or beach day in Nassau?

My family of 4 will be on Oasis in May. Could you please share information regarding public beaches in Nassau. Thank you:)

Junkanoo Beach is the closest public beach to the pier. Around a 10-15 minute walk. After you leave the terminal area, keep walking to the right, past Senor Frogs, past McDonalds, until you come to the beach.

Bob- can you literally walk along the shore, or do you have to go into the town part? We went straight a block or two into the town, then took a right, and I feel like we wasted valuable beach time :)

I don't believe you can walk along the shore until you get to the beach. There are private beach areas along the way, such as the British Colonial Hilton.

I am thinking about doing the Blue Lagoon when we are in Nassau. My daughter loves dolphins. But we are only docked 8:30-3:00 and I read some reviews that said the boat ride to get to the Blue Lagoon island is 40 minutes. The boat leaves the island at 1:00, 2:00 and I think 3 or 4. So we would have to leave by 1:00 to guarantee we are back. Makes for a quick visit (only 3.5 hours on island) not sure if it is worth the cost.....

We did the Blue Lagoon excursion when we were on Allure. The ferry is right at the port and with the short time I would be nervous taking the ferry on our own. It was a great few hours....nice ferry ride over, and then a nice calm beach with use of tubes, etc. Our son used the aqua park (small fee), and they have dolphin encounters which we didn't do but walked over and watched. Includes a BBQ lunch. We enjoyed the few hours but as it isn't cheap, you would need to decide if it's worth the cost.

• 1 month later...
We did the Blue Lagoon excursion when we were on Allure. The ferry is right at the port and with the short time I would be nervous taking the ferry on our own. It was a great few hours....nice ferry ride over, and then a nice calm beach with use of tubes, etc. Our son used the aqua park (small fee), and they have dolphin encounters which we didn't do but walked over and watched. Includes a BBQ lunch. We enjoyed the few hours but as it isn't cheap, you would need to decide if it's worth the cost.

We are a family of four heading out on allure on Sunday!! Trying to decide if blue lagoon is worth the cost for 4 of us - and also, will the ship really empty out in Nassau? (I'm guessing it will still feel crowded.).

Thoughts? Thanks!

5-6 hrs in port nassau= we stay on the ship.

nassau is the only port of call we stay on the ship

Does it feel like a port day though or a sea day since so many stay on board? We have never been to Nassau so thinking of getting off - and maybe staying in in st. Thomas?

No one has mentioned the snorkeling excursions offered. We did one last September for only $35 a person and it was great. Enjoyed the boat ride and seeing many homes owned by celebrities.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I just did a week long land vacation on Paradise Island. We stayed at a friend's time share at Paradise Island Beach Club. The Beach club rents out chairs and umbrellas to cruise passengers. That beach there was very nice and very quiet. There are no vendors trying to sell anything. If you want to go there, just catch a cab (4.00 per person) and tell them to take you to the beach at Paradise Island Beach Club. It's about a 15 minute ride over the bridge depending on traffic. The beach club has a store where you can buy snacks and drinks. We loved our time there!

We are a family of four heading out on allure on Sunday!! Trying to decide if blue lagoon is worth the cost for 4 of us - and also, will the ship really empty out in Nassau? (I'm guessing it will still feel crowded.).

Thoughts? Thanks!

We have stayed on board Harmony while in port and it's nice to have less people using the public areas.

Honestly, IMO Oasis class ships like Allure don't really feel all that crowded with everybody on board.