Dinner Menus

ckb104

I was reading a LOT of posts yesterday and thought I saw someone say that you can get the week's dinner menus at the Purser's Desk the first day. Now I can't find the post. Am I crazy or can you actually do that? I thought it was mentioned in the context of deciding which night you might want to do specialty dining.

I was reading a LOT of posts yesterday and thought I saw someone say that you can get the week's dinner menus at the Purser's Desk the first day. Now I can't find the post. Am I crazy or can you actually do that? I thought it was mentioned in the context of deciding which night you might want to do specialty dining.

Just see a HW in the DR.

If you are unsuccessful in getting the week's menu, you can ask the headwaiter at dinner for the next night's menu, or on mid day, look at the menu posted on the wall leading to MDR door.

Some say they have done so and others report that they were unable to get the menus. Seems to be inconsistent.

Some headwaiters and maitre d's like to have each nights' meal be a surprise instead of knowing all of the menus in advance. Usually if you have a specific question they'll answer it. For example, we were going to make a reservation for Crown Grill while we were on the Royal TA in 2015, and we wanted to know what we'd miss in the mdr, and the the headwaiter showed us the menu. Others just hand you the book and let you read through it.

I doubt the Purser's desk would have any menus.

As the others suggested, check with a headwaiter in a main dining room or at a specialty restaurant where they might have the menus so people can pick what night to miss in a dining room.

Years ago we had better luck seeing the MDR dinner menus in advance by talking with a head waiter. We then ran into a few cruises in a row where they could not provide them, so we stopped trying. We like going to a specialty restaurant once or twice during the cruise. If we know the MDR menus in advance, it helps us pick the best nights for us to make reservations at one of the specialty restaurants. If we wait until the menu is posted every day outside the dining room, it is sometime too late to book the specialty restaurant for that night, and if it is not too late, the best time slots are usually gone. We will try asking our head waiter on our next cruise.

Edited by Jersey42
typo

We will try asking our head waiter on our next cruise.

Sometimes the dining room headwaiters do not know what is coming up.

On one UST, the print shop people told us they were very busy printing the new menus since they were changing for the next cruise which started in two days.

We asked our headwaiter what would the menu changes be and he had not heard yet that there would be new menus.

I will take the menu's on merit each day