Europe to Possibly Require Americans to Get Visas???

Kenswing

We are booked on a Baltic cruise this July that sails out of Denmark (EU I believe) and visits at least three EU countries (Finland, Germany, and I think Estonia). Do I now have to worry that we will be required to pay for and rush to get a set of five Visa's for my family to go to these places? Our cruise also goes to St. Petersburg (which obviously already requires Visa's) but that is handled by our cruise line as we are going on their shore excursions there. I can't imagine that the EU would suddenly force Visa's on American cruise passengers who are already booked for this summer? And we already have our nonrefundable airfare too. Hopefully as others have said here it won't become an issue.

We are booked on a Baltic cruise this July that sails out of Denmark (EU I believe) and visits at least three EU countries (Finland, Germany, and I think Estonia). Do I now have to worry that we will be required to pay for and rush to get a set of five Visa's for my family to go to these places? Our cruise also goes to St. Petersburg (which obviously already requires Visa's) but that is handled by our cruise line as we are going on their shore excursions there. I can't imagine that the EU would suddenly force Visa's on American cruise passengers who are already booked for this summer? And we already have our nonrefundable airfare too. Hopefully as others have said here it won't become an issue.

Don't think it would happen but if the ship saves you getting a visa for Russia then they will for Europe especially if you sail from England.

live in UK love USA and Royal Caribbean Cruises.

They haven't audited their accounts for years and things take years to happen.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

That's exactly what I think. There's no way it'll happen this year. There are more than just a few of us who have already booked flights and booked cruises. If they really want to do it, I think it'll be for 2018 or later.

There are many articles already telling Americans to calm down.....we do not need a visa to visit Europe.....more you know what...:cool: