has anyone successfully gotten money back on the excursion 'best price guarentee'

courtneyMC

I believe the Carnival guarantee is the same as that of Princess. We received the OBC for it for an excursion to the Harrison Caves in Barbados last summer. I was actually surprised at how quickly it was approved.

It was easy to submit the form online and I heard back the next day that my request was approved. But, that's when it became very difficult. You MUST pre-pay the excursion you are requesting the OBC for. It took several representatives on the phone and over an hour to figure out how to only pre pay this ONE excursion. Princess wanted me to prepay ALL my excursions totaling over $600, then give me the $84 OBC I was entitled. This was a 7 day cruise that came with prepaid gratuities...why would I want an additional $84 to use onboard? I wanted to apply this $84 OBC, which I earned by doing research, to my excursion balance of $600. Finally, a customer service rep was able to prepay the ONE excursion I received the Best Price Guarantee for and now I have the $84 to apply onboard to my other excursions. I'm Elite and this customer service rep offered complimentary dining to make it right. I did appreciate her generous offer, but it took over an hour on the phone to do this.

• 2 months later...
It was easy to submit the form online and I heard back the next day that my request was approved. But, that's when it became very difficult. You MUST pre-pay the excursion you are requesting the OBC for. It took several representatives on the phone and over an hour to figure out how to only pre pay this ONE excursion. Princess wanted me to prepay ALL my excursions totaling over $600, then give me the $84 OBC I was entitled. This was a 7 day cruise that came with prepaid gratuities...why would I want an additional $84 to use onboard? I wanted to apply this $84 OBC, which I earned by doing research, to my excursion balance of $600. Finally, a customer service rep was able to prepay the ONE excursion I received the Best Price Guarantee for and now I have the $84 to apply onboard to my other excursions. I'm Elite and this customer service rep offered complimentary dining to make it right. I did appreciate her generous offer, but it took over an hour on the phone to do this.

As long as the excursions aren't sold out, cancel all the ones except what you want to file the price match request on and pay. Then go ahead and rebook the other excursions as reserved but not paid for. This enabled me to just pay for the 1 ShoreEx that I was submitting the form on and my refund was waiting as an OBC on the account when I got on board. :)