Allure & dress code & passport questions

One month til our spring break cruise on Allure! A few questions:

-I fully intended to get my kids (16 and 14) passports- but yikes, just never got around to it. Original birth certificates are adequate, right? The 16 year old also has a state issued driver's learning permit. (Cruise is closed loop out of Fort Lauderdale.)

-What is the latest on dress code? We haven't cruised in awhile, should we still be expecting two formal nights? Should we pack suits for the guys, or are khakis and button-down shirts formal enough? (Likely not doing MDR every night, have a few specialty restaurants booked but I'm not sure which nights).

-Entertainment is all booked, but I'm a little worried about avoiding crowds at other times..like extremely long MDR lines for breakfast. What time would should we expect the crowds to hit?

Thanks in advance!

Original BC's are OK. Khakis and button down shirts are OK. WJ is pretty much awful for breakfast anytime before say 9:30 AM. You might try either Park Cafe or Mini Bites. Or Solarium Cafe. Lunch there is very do-able on port days.

As for breakfast in the MDR, we found the lines longest around 9:30am. They had two lines for seating, one for the buffet and one for if anyone in your party was ordering off of the menu. The quickest option was to be seated for the buffet, and then the line for those wishing to order off the menu was pretty quick if you were willing to share a table with another party. You will wait longer if you want your own table. We loved the MDR breakfasts. Even my high school and college age kids would get up early enough to join us for breakfast in the MDR. Usually one of us wanted to order off the menu, so we would agree to share a table with another party if the wait for your own table was too long.

-What is the latest on dress code? We haven't cruised in awhile, should we still be expecting two formal nights? Should we pack suits for the guys, or are khakis and button-down shirts formal enough? (Likely not doing MDR every night, have a few specialty restaurants booked but I'm not sure which nights).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

Thank you all for the helpful replies! Relief!

Just realized my post said MDR breakfast- I meant Windjammer- is that also a zoo anytime before 9:30?

TIming varies, based on port arrival. By an hour or so after port arrival, the zoo is starting to subside. Try Solarium Cafe for breakfast, usually much less crowded.

On the. Allure right now. There is no dress code. Last night on formal night saw people wearing shorts in the main dining room. One guy was wearing very short red shorts look like a short swim suit, he was walking in.