No Shampoo or Conditioner ??

As a regular robe wearer at home and on cruises, I'll be very disappointed if we can't get robes. I understand the cost-saving measure, but it would be nice to know if we'll get them before packing, not once we're aboard. RCI should consider allowing passengers to state their preference at time of booking.
That makes sense. Given that a robe would be completely wasted on me (and if I were going to wear a robe, it certainly wouldn't be a thick terry cloth model), they could skip it for my cabin ... but you could still have what you want.

That is funny, like in a fine hotel.... ! A bar of soap and a cheap all-in-one hair and body wash can be found in every Motel 6. On Vision we had a despenser in the shower that contained a mixture of water and liquid soap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You did better than I did; I was on a 2 day "preview" cruise on Vision a few years ago after it came out of drydock and the dispensers weren't installed yet and no soap in the rooms at all.

Sailing on Allure in January, we had shampoo in the shower. I was surprised to see no shower gel but it didn't bother me as I bring my own shampoo and gel.

I didn't ask for a robe as I didn't feel it was necessary and when they were in my cabin in the past, they were never used. I use the hand soap at the sink but my DH has used the shampoo when he and I sailed.

It's up to each passenger to decide if he/she will bring it onboard. I use a particular brand of shampoo and conditioner and I don't expect the cruise line to provide them for me. Just as I use my own body lotion etc.

I know when I have stayed in suites I had a few more amenities, but they weren't ones I would use. DH was a different story.

After a Big study, RCL found that having tubes of shampoo and conditioner in every room would result in all passengers having hair with the same shine and bounce. It created awkwardness on the promenade and sometimes the uber shine interfered with navigation electronics.

:D:D:D

In all seriousness, we just got off Adventure OTS a week ago and all our rooms had the body wash in the pumps in the showers. I used it all week and had no issues, but I also have a crew cut. Mama brought her own travel size shampoo bottles and used those.

Just off the Anthem in a balcony room, and I had to ask for the shampoo & conditioner.

No dispenser in the shower?

Anthem (until recently, apparently) had been putting the white tubes of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion in every cabin.

Sailing on Mariner of the Seas at moment in balcony cabin. Only a shampoo dispenser in shower and a bar of soap at basin. No body lotion or conditioner. Did ask for bath ribe but was refused and told for suites only. Bathroom dilapidated looking. Lots of mildew. 10th cruise but only 2nd RCI experience.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Anthem (until recently, apparently) had been putting the white tubes of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion in every cabin.

Sometimes I just don't understand RC.:rolleyes:

No mater which they choose to do - supply shampoo etc, or not - shouldn't it be consistent on all their ships? That way repeat passengers would know what to expect.

That makes too much sense so it won't happen.

• 6 months later...

We were on the Anthem in June and were supplied with the little rubes of shampoo and conditioner. Knowing that, I did not take any shampoo or conditioner on our Empress Cuba cruise in early September (yes it was the Irma cruise). Unfortunately, all the Empress supplied was the shower soap dispenser, which is very drying on the hair.

I always take bar soap from home because hubby hates the little one that are supplied.

All RCI ships should supply consistent amenities and you shouldn’t have to ask.

Whenever I read these threads, I try to think back on what was offered on my previous sailings - and never can. I always bring my own hair and body products because I am very particular about the kind I use. I also take a very lightweight satin bathrobe, and hang it on a magnetic hook next to my bed. It takes up very little packing space, and I have something to throw on if I need to answer the door, etc.

In May on the Oasis our room steward gave us new 4 new tubes of gel, shampoo, conditioner and lotion every day.

So when I went on the Anthem in September I saved luggage weight and didn't pack any...there was not one tube in my cabin. I was able to get some but I had to ask the cabin steward each time I ran out....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So regular Cabin folks are required to bring their own shampoo?

There is a dispenser on the wall but I think most cruisers prefer to bring a small bottle of their own shampoo and conditioner and even body wash. It is nice to have what you are familiar with - and your hair will be happier!