Anthem of the seas obstruction balcony

You can do a search for pictures if you are looking at deck six it is the tops of the lifeboats and I think it is a big obstruction. You can look out and see the ocean but you won't see anything but lifeboats if you are sitting down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most times, "obstructions" don't obstruct your view...it's just that there is something, like a ladder or above your head platform that you can see. Sometimes, if a lifeboat is BELOW your, they will say that's an "obstruction", too. You WILL have a view! No worries!

Most times, "obstructions" don't obstruct your view...it's just that there is something, like a ladder or above your head platform that you can see. Sometimes, if a lifeboat is BELOW your, they will say that's an "obstruction", too. You WILL have a view! No worries!

Please watch the video and then share your observations on the quality of the obstruction.

These videos show the ship in Bayonne and seem to mostly film the obstructions. I found that when at sea even with a lifeboat there I could sit on my balcony and look beyond the top of the lifeboat and see the blue ocean stretched in front of me. What you cannot do is look straight down and see water. If the price is right an obstructed balcony works just fine for me.

When were you on Anthem, cb? If you had been on Anthem, you would know that the lifeboat is NOT below the balcony, but rather comes up to the top of the balcony railing blocking half of your view. So there is something to be concerned about. You need to stop with your false reassurances and posting misinformation just to increase your post count.

There was no view when sitting, and an obstructed view while standing (we were in cabin 6566 which is listed as 50% obstructed). We booked this cabin because it was only $50 more (in total) than an inside and we thought that for that price, an obstructed view was better than no view. However, we wouldn't choose this cabin again unless there was a similar negligible price difference.

This time we will be in a cabin with a hull obstruction rather than a lifeboat one. If you look at a photo of the ship, it's the round cutout balconies in the front of the ship on decks 7 and 8. There are only a handful of this type of obstructed balconies on the ship, and it should be much better.

Edited by DonnaK

• 3 weeks later...

We have stayed in both of these balcony's. We really liked the deck 6 bal for the price on Anthem and would book it again.

It does not feel confined nor closed in. When sitting, yes the lifeboat is in your view. They are not that close, if you look down you see the promenade on deck 5. When you stand up, you see the ocean or port view. Just make sure you are not above the smoking area on deck 5 if that is a concern.

We just had the hull obstruction cabin on deck 8 on the Serenade and loved it. It was very private, no obstruction really, just one side was circular and no balcony next to you on that side, like you were in your own little cove.

The deck 6 obstructions vary widely from cabin to cabin. Some have almost no obstruction while others have an intruding lifeboat, davit, or both. Some, including 6162 where we stayed have exended balconies which allow for a broader view. Might want to avoid rear portion of deck 6 starboard which sits above the outdoor smoking area. Also those on port side above Jamies have reported noise issues. There are also DO's on decks 7 and 8 forward which aren't really obstructed, just have a large porthole shaped balcony opening.

There have been several extensive threads on this subject over the past few years. Remember seeing a deck plan that showed % obstructed by cabin. Use the search function. Also try googling by cabin number. Lots of pics on the web.

Any type of balcony is better than no balcony. I can live with the obstruction, because at least you get fresh air in the room. For our upcoming trip we are going to be an oceanview room, for the first time. We booked so late, there were no balcony rooms left for a party of 3. It will get some getting use to.

We booked an obstructed view because we wanted a balcony and saved a ton of money. We would do it again in a second. We had 6288 (larger balcony) and 6286 (regular balcony). We aren't in the cabin much so we felt it was a great option. I'd book it again.

Stephanie

How is the boat motion on Deck 6?

I booked balcony cabins for my Mom who gets motion sickness and a separate one for my wife and I. My intent was to get balconies, but to go as low as possible as I hear that rocking is less noticeable on the lower decks.

My Mom is in one of the Solo rooms which juts out a little and seems to have a bigger balcony, so I guess there might not be an obstruction there.

How is the boat motion on Deck 6?

I booked balcony cabins for my Mom who gets motion sickness and a separate one for my wife and I. My intent was to get balconies, but to go as low as possible as I hear that rocking is less noticeable on the lower decks.

My Mom is in one of the Solo rooms which juts out a little and seems to have a bigger balcony, so I guess there might not be an obstruction there.

I've had 3 balconies in deck 6 Anthem - one solo and 2 obstructed. They were all aft cabins and I didn't feel much motion difference between them. The solo cabin was the most midship cabin. One obstructed cabin was close to the solo cabin and the other was 2/3 of the way aft.

What exact cabin numbers have you booked for your mom and yourselves? A D8 cabin in that area of the ship would be unobstructed (who knows what they have renamed a D8 to be now!). 6646 and 6244 would be the closest unobstructed cabins to your mom's solo cabin.

We just had cabin 8514 on anthem last month. Obstructed view is over exaggerating. More like a private balcony. Have the same location on other side of the ship for our fall cruise. Got it for 6 dollars more than an inside cabin.

We had cabin 6066 for our Nov. sailing. The lifeboat roof was even with balcony railing when sitting and was not at all a issue.When standing,no problem checking out the view.We booked a "porthole" cabin, 7112 for our Dec.14 sailing.We heard from a CC friends that this is a great "obstructed view" Just book it. Have a great cruise:cool::D