Can I purchase unopened beer/soda, at a bar, to take back to the room?

Mosaic

Or must they open them all before they give them to you at the bars....just thinking about SBC and using the drink at a later time.....thanks.

We do it all the time. But you have to make sure the server knows that you want them unopened. If you don't have the SBP, just go to Happy Hour for the beer and get the second one for $2. One time we got 10 beer! It took me two trips to get them back to the cabin!

If you're in a cabin with a cooler, you can ask for the contents be removed, and stock it with your extra beverages that are covered by the SBP or Happy Hour.

If your cabin has a stocked minibar (any cabin on newest 7 ships, verandah cabin on oldest ships)....

The Prinsendam (oldest of the oldest ships) also has a mini-bar in every cabin. ;)

I do it very often. I've always asked for a can, and they've never even intended to open it. To be sure, you might specify it during the first night or 2, but the staff will quickly remember if you want to take it with you.

On my last cruise on board the Noordam, 2 months ago, when the barkeeper and one of the bars saw me coming, he grabbed my usual order before I've even arrived at the bar :)

Or must they open them all before they give them to you at the bars....just thinking about SBC and using the drink at a later time.....thanks.

I don't drink beer buthink you can buy a bucket of beer from a bar and take the unopened cans to your cabin.

Are the prices in the in room mini bars that same as the outside bars?

I know the full price for a can of soda is the same. I never purchased liquor, so don't know on that.

I think every cabin on Eurodam, koningsdsdam and Nieuw Amsterdam have a cooler, in addition to already noted Prinsendam..

That's correct, but incomplete.

Every Vista class ship (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam) also has a cooler in the cabin.

That makes eight out of 14 ships with a cooler in every cabin.

That's correct, but incomplete.

Every Vista class ship (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam) also has a cooler in the cabin.

That makes eight out of 14 ships with a cooler in every cabin.

Yes, you are right. :)

For those without a beverage package:

If you have a mini-bar and you are a 3-4-5 Star it is less expensive to purchase from it due to the 25-50% discount.

Mini-bar purchases are Mariner discounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As of 3 star mariner, the website quotes the following: "

• A 25% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and on specialty coffees in all dining venues*, wine packages*, beverages in the Explorations Café* and all mini-bar purchases*

As of 3 star mariner, the website quotes the following: "

• A 25% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and on specialty coffees in all dining venues*, wine packages*, beverages in the Explorations Café* and all mini-bar purchases*

Thanks. I never noticed the mini-bar part.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums