Room service question

I'm sorry, but it sounds like the process of training a pet. Give little treats and receive a task. They don't love the chocolate, it gets tossed in the garbage. Instead give an extra dollar! Would you like to get candy every time you do your job at work?

I do give them a tip, plus the chocolate. I don't just give the chocolate. And yes, they do like it! For them to buy chocolate, it is very expensive. If they didn't want it, they wouldn't have to take it. I hand it out to a lot of the crew. Even if they throw it away, it makes me feel good handing it out. And yes, I'd love for someone to give me chocolate!

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I never got my breakfast when I did the door hanger. Did it twice on my cruise...so I had to call and it would have taken too long to get it before we had to leave for out excursion. Did not realize you could not order breakfast from the TV the night before. Our tags were always gone in the morning...perhaps since it was spring break cruise some kids took it?

I've been on cruises where kids or maybe adults would take the tags off people's door and put them on another door.

On the Grandeur, the menu is on the TV, but have to call to order it. Breakfast menu is in the cabin.

Gwen [emoji3]

If door tag is filled out correctly even if moved to another door order would still come to you

I learned the hard way I didn't fill it out correctly so after complaining the room service guy showed me stack of orders no cabin # on it 1 was mine LOL

Here is a balcony cabin tip: Make sure you shut the sliding balcony door BEFORE you open the cabin door to let the waiter or the stateroom attendant in. The suction from the balcony door being open will pull your cabin door wide open and a 30-mile an hour wind will come flying into your room from the hallway. We learned this the hard way. :)

I do give them a tip, plus the chocolate. I don't just give the chocolate. And yes, they do like it! For them to buy chocolate, it is very expensive. If they didn't want it, they wouldn't have to take it. I hand it out to a lot of the crew. Even if they throw it away, it makes me feel good handing it out. And yes, I'd love for someone to give me chocolate!

Gwen [emoji3]

I would love for someone to give me chocolate, too! I think it's a really cute idea to give it out with your tips :)

I'm sorry, but it sounds like the process of training a pet. Give little treats and receive a task. They don't love the chocolate, it gets tossed in the garbage. Instead give an extra dollar! Would you like to get candy every time you do your job at work?

It's something different that could make someone's day. But you also have a point, if I were making 20-30 deliveries and getting a piece of chocolate each time, my room would be full of sacks if candy by the end of the trip!

It depends on where they are from. My friend had a housekeeper from Dominican Republic who loved chocolate because it was so expensive and not common where she grew up. I would bring her 75 percent mark down Valentines candy in March and she was very appreciative.

I might not even be able to trade for favors with other crew if they were getting candy also! ;)

Edited by BillHoo

While you certainly CAN have breakfast daily from room service, unless you're in a suite, you will NOT have a table suitable for a leisurely breakfast. The table on the balcony is small and low...fine for drinks, but not for plates. The coffee table in the cabin is also low, although a tad larger.

The table on our regular balcony cabin on Oasis was a perfect size for breakfast.

breakfast_zps2kpok7xz.jpg~original

Edited by vanesssss

The table on our regular balcony cabin on Oasis was a perfect size for breakfast.

breakfast_zps2kpok7xz.jpg~original

Lovely photo makes me feel we are just going to have breakfast on our balcony. We get the breakfast delivered everyday and balcony table has always been big enough for us.

love sailing with RCCL

Thanks for all your replies. 😀

We will be on Oasis so the pics above look great.

I think giving the little chocolate treat along with a tip is a good idea.

On our previous cruises we have brought a gift from our local town for our room attendant. We tend to leave it out on the first night with a small note. They may or may not like it. It's some sweets that are only made locally to where we live.

We have never had a problem using the hang tags on the door on Grandeur. They call when they are on their way and it has always been within 15 minutes of the requested time. Candy is a nice touch but believe me cash is king and several dollars cash is greatly appreciated.

Either way to order seems ok I'm guessing. We would probably prefer to order the night before if I'm honest.

We will probably have the drinks package so are we able to order fresh orange juice and specialty coffees for breakfast? Presumably they will know about the package when we order?

Either way to order seems ok I'm guessing. We would probably prefer to order the night before if I'm honest.

We will probably have the drinks package so are we able to order fresh orange juice and specialty coffees for breakfast? Presumably they will know about the package when we order?

The drink packages do not apply to room service unfortunately. You will either need to pay for those drinks, get them yourself or skip them.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

We always order one breakfast (husband goes to Windjammer earlier). We also get him a fresh pot of coffee. Generally we cruise in a Junior Suite. There is enough room to eat. We use the hangtags the night before.

I usually have a good selection of satchets of teas and hot chocolate from the windjammer and boil our kettle ready for room service breakfast delivery.

love sailing with RCCL

I usually have a good selection of satchets of teas and hot chocolate from the windjammer and boil our kettle ready for room service breakfast delivery.

love sailing with RCCL

The kettle only being in suites, not normal cabins, I wish to point out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should try havingfun in 2017 too..

Love that you give chocolate, as long as you give cash too. Unfortunately I am allergic to chocolate. There are some of us out there. :-)

The op did say they give cash.Sometimes I have to stop the waiter to give them a tip because they are usually rushing and don't seem like they expect a tip.

love sailing with RCCL

• 2 weeks later...

I just read on another thread that room service will now have an added cost (over $7) per order. Except for cold breakfast items which will still be free. this is different from the late night room service charge.

Is coffee considered a "hot" breakfast item?

I just read on another thread that room service will now have an added cost (over $7) per order. Except for cold breakfast items which will still be free. this is different from the late night room service charge.

Is coffee considered a "hot" breakfast item?

Coffee has no extra charge, same as hot oatmeal.

While you certainly CAN have breakfast daily from room service, unless you're in a suite, you will NOT have a table suitable for a leisurely breakfast. The table on the balcony is small and low...fine for drinks, but not for plates. The coffee table in the cabin is also low, although a tad larger.

Room service delivery folks are kitchen staff...your daily tips do NOT include those folks, so tip $1-5, depending on how much they have to carry to you, at time of delivery.

The info in red WRONG for many ships. I know the Oasis has a standard height table for the standard balcony cabins. I imagine other ships also have a standard height table.

OP - enjoy