Questions for Neptune Suite Veterans

msmayor

Sailing in our first ever suite with the availability of a concierge, so I'm wondering if I can use his or her help with my usual embarkation day tasks.

We always head to the dining room to check our table assignment and change it if needed. Can we just check with the concierge to make sure its right and avoid the dining room line?

I also head to the spa to book my spa visits and salon appointments. Is this also something the concierge will handle?

I'm also assuming the concierge can handle switching my Pinnacle reservation if necessary. We have explore 4 so a free pinnacle dinner but I booked my preferred time and hope to get my free reservation switched to that one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sailing in our first ever suite with the availability of a concierge, so I'm wondering if I can use his or her help with my usual embarkation day tasks.

We always head to the dining room to check our table assignment and change it if needed. Can we just check with the concierge to make sure its right and avoid the dining room line?

I also head to the spa to book my spa visits and salon appointments. Is this also something the concierge will handle?

I'm also assuming the concierge can handle switching my Pinnacle reservation if necessary. We have explore 4 so a free pinnacle dinner but I booked my preferred time and hope to get my free reservation switched to that one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings, you have a very nice adventure ahead for you. I hope you enjoy the Neptune Lounge to the fullest. Which in fact may be just a little, or a lot.

1. We went to the Neptune Lounge on the last cruise and they checked our table assignment from their computer, which had the main dining room table map and were able to confirm directly what we wanted.

There had been an earlier mix-up with our embarkation passes, since we took a last minute Neptune upsell. The NL took care of sorting this all out for us. But first we had to go to the front desk to get our rightful NL entry "gold cards".

2. The NL can handle all specialty dining reservations for you.

3. I never used the NL for spa appointments so that one I don't know.

However when I do make salon appointments I like to do it in person so they can see what I am looking for in person - length of hair, type of service, choice of times - decisions I need to make at that time rather than going through a thrid party.

Yes, the concierge can handle all of these requests. HOWEVER, we usually go right to the source for dining and spa reservations. It's a numbers thing. There are usually 2 concierge employees. If you are are 5th in line, and end run to the spa or specialty dining desk is well worth your while.

Even though you are dealing with the concierge, it's not like the rest of the ship is in stasis waiting for the Neptune Suites to make up their minds about what they're going to do. Play it by ear. If you are waiting behind the indecisive person who is trying to make a week's worth of reservations, bail and go directly to the source. This advice applies to pretty much any hospitality situation.

Yes, the concierge can handle all of these requests. HOWEVER, we usually go right to the source for dining and spa reservations. It's a numbers thing. There are usually 2 concierge employees. If you are are 5th in line, and end run to the spa or specialty dining desk is well worth your while.

Even though you are dealing with the concierge, it's not like the rest of the ship is in stasis waiting for the Neptune Suites to make up their minds about what they're going to do. Play it by ear. If you are waiting behind the indecisive person who is trying to make a week's worth of reservations, bail and go directly to the source. This advice applies to pretty much any hospitality situation.

Yes, the concierge can help you jmake apointments and rervations. Always good to keep in mind, you are not the only SA,Pinnacle guest boarding and needing many o f the same things. :)

We will be sailing out of Venice on the Westerdamn in an aft Neptune and would like to eat dinner on the balcony that night. Can the Neptune attendants arrange that for us ?

Yes. You'll receive menus in your mailbox, as per usual for a Neptune Suite. Check with the concierge to find out what time you need to order. It's usually by late afternoon.

Yes. You'll receive menus in your mailbox, as per usual for a Neptune Suite. Check with the concierge to find out what time you need to order. It's usually by late afternoon.

Thanks for the info. I'm getting very excited about this cruise. :D

On one of our last several cruises, the two "concierges" in our Neptune Lounge weren't "able" to check on our Lufthansa flights to get us back home from Europe to NA. They claimed they had no internet access.

Useless. (This happened during an airline strike -- got off the ship with no news -- hoped for the best).

This is not "concierge-level" service, that any rational person expects, especially when you are paying for it.

On one of our last several cruises, the two "concierges" in our Neptune Lounge weren't "able" to check on our Lufthansa flights to get us back home from Europe to NA. They claimed they had no internet access.

Useless. (This happened during an airline strike -- got off the ship with no news -- hoped for the best).

This is not "concierge-level" service, that any rational person expects, especially when you are paying for it.

If they had no internet, they had no internet.

To prove it wrong all you had to do was for a few measly minutes and check yourself and you would have a valid complaint.

I have been on ships where we had no internet (or very limited internet) for two days in a row and in ports!

How can you call it not "concierge-level" access service if they don't have access? That's not their fault:confused:

I am NOT a cheerleader nor making excuses but I think you had an unreasonable expectation if internet was not available.

Just curious, does one have to physically go to the Neptune Lounge to talk with the NS concierge or can they be contacted on the phone from the cabin? Thanks!

You can call them. There is a button on your phone that says Neptune Lounge. if they are taking care of someone at their desk, they will call you back.

Just curious, does one have to physically go to the Neptune Lounge to talk with the NS concierge or can they be contacted on the phone from the cabin? Thanks!

You can call, but if you visit them you can get a snack, too.

One BAD thing about a Neptune suite that no one has yet mentioned:

Once you have had one you will want one every cruise!

Yes, this is what I fear, and we can't possibly afford this level even once a year. The ONLY reason we're in a NS for our upcoming cruise is the flash sale. My goodness, it was almost as cheap as what we've paid for a J or K on the Main Deck. Since DH was so sick at Christmas and we had to cancel that cruise, we didn't hesitate to take advantage of the sale. We are so excited. Yes, I know that any cruise after this one will be a let-down in accommodations, but I will have to keep telling myself, "At least you're on the ship." How many people would give anything just to take a cruise, much less to be in a NS? We feel so fortunate.

Thanks to all who've posted. Like the OP, we're anticipating the luxury and perks with mounting excitement.

Yes, this is what I fear, and we can't possibly afford this level even once a year. The ONLY reason we're in a NS for our upcoming cruise is the flash sale. My goodness, it was almost as cheap as what we've paid for a J or K on the Main Deck. Since DH was so sick at Christmas and we had to cancel that cruise, we didn't hesitate to take advantage of the sale. We are so excited. Yes, I know that any cruise after this one will be a let-down in accommodations, but I will have to keep telling myself, "At least you're on the ship." How many people would give anything just to take a cruise, much less to be in a NS? We feel so fortunate.

Thanks to all who've posted. Like the OP, we're anticipating the luxury and perks with mounting excitement.

What a lovely post. :). I hope you enjoy it :)

What a lovely post. :). I hope you enjoy it :)

Thank you, kazu. We're going to enjoy it so much that we may never want to leave, making it our permanent address! What a tempting thought, only Holland America expects to be paid for the use of that cabin, not to mention the new passengers who have been assigned the cabin on the next cruise. Well, a little thing like reality gets in the way of my beautiful daydream. Happens all the time.

Since DH was so sick at Christmas and we had to cancel that cruise, we didn't hesitate to take advantage of the sale. We are so excited. Yes, I know that any cruise after this one will be a let-down in accommodations, but I will have to keep telling myself, "At least you're on the ship." How many people would give anything just to take a cruise, much less to be in a NS? We feel so fortunate. Thanks to all who've posted. Like the OP, we're anticipating the luxury and perks with mounting excitement.

Your post reminded me how fortunate we are to go on such fun cruises! I am excited about our upcoming cruise (we are on the same cruise :D). You're going to love being in your suite. DH and I do spend a lot of time on our balcony, especially in the evenings.

The perks of the NS are really nice, especially the complimentary laundry. When we were on the Rotterdam deck we went to the Neptune Lounge a lot more than when we were on the Upper Verandah (5th?) deck. It was nice having one place to go to for almost any assistance you needed on board. The ladies there were always really helpful.

OP, I think this is very good advice.

The concierges can be very busy on embarkation day. And some guests have a "bucket list" of things to attend to. Play it by ear. If it's not hectic you can have the concierges do it.

If they are bogged down with requests and it's something you need to attend to (ie. change a PG reservation, get the spa pass), I would go right to the source.

When I signed up for the spa on the Westerdam, we had to go to the spa to sign, I believe, but I didn't ask the concierges.

The concierges were very busy so I just went straight to the spa, got a look see and signed up. Easy ;)

The concierges can be very busy on embarkation day. And some guests have a "bucket list" of things to attend to. Play it by ear. If it's not hectic you can have the concierges do it.

If they are bogged down with requests and it's something you need to attend to (ie. change a PG reservation, get the spa pass), I would go right to the source.

When I signed up for the spa on the Westerdam, we had to go to the spa to sign, I believe, but I didn't ask the concierges.

The concierges were very busy so I just went straight to the spa, got a look see and signed up. Easy ;)

We do the same for the Spa passes - very easy to do and that way I know the exact price. Sometimes it pays to eliminate the middle man!

Thanks Jacqui...the more I think about it its probably better that I do the spa arrangements right there, especially since it will be easier to juggle my requested times if need be rather than use a 'middle-man'. I've actually never had an issue getting the times I want when I book on embarkation day, I think because a lot of people wait for port-day or daily specials. I've always booked three at once and taken advantage of the 10%-20%-30% off that's always been offered if you book three...it has always worked out as good as taking advantage of other specials.

I can see the value in using the concierge to take care of my Pinnacle dinner, but that doesn't need to happen on day 1 (unless the Explore 4 freebie is scheduled for me on day 1). I made a reservation for day 5 and that's when I want to use my 'free' one, so need to get that bookkeeping taken care of and a refund in OBC for what I paid.

One thing I've never heard mention here is whether the Neptune concierge has a 'bank'...we've used Guest Services to exchange large bills for extra bar tips....can this be done in the Neptune Lounge or will that need to happen at Guest Services?

Thanks Jacqui...the more I think about it its probably better that I do the spa arrangements right there, especially since it will be easier to juggle my requested times if need be rather than use a 'middle-man'. I've actually never had an issue getting the times I want when I book on embarkation day, I think because a lot of people wait for port-day or daily specials. I've always booked three at once and taken advantage of the 10%-20%-30% off that's always been offered if you book three...it has always worked out as good as taking advantage of other specials.

I can see the value in using the concierge to take care of my Pinnacle dinner, but that doesn't need to happen on day 1 (unless the Explore 4 freebie is scheduled for me on day 1). I made a reservation for day 5 and that's when I want to use my 'free' one, so need to get that bookkeeping taken care of and a refund in OBC for what I paid.

One thing I've never heard mention here is whether the Neptune concierge has a 'bank'...we've used Guest Services to exchange large bills for extra bar tips....can this be done in the Neptune Lounge or will that need to happen at Guest Services?

Oh for sure your PG can wait. If you are going to the PG for breakfast, just talk to the manager then ;) It's easy and easy to do PG lunches that way too.

Oh, good question on the NL "bank" and I never thought to post that either.

YES, YES, YES. They can cash travellers cheques, exchange bills, whatever you need.

The concierge is "your" front desk, but much more. Missing laundry? Just want ice and don't want to bug your steward? Just take the ice bucket and they will fill it for you. Or call them on the phone. They will see that the steward is there for you.

And now that I say that, the stewards in the Neptune Suites are usually very good. They will ask if there is anything that you want. So, if you want ice at 4 pm (or whenever) on a daily basis, just tell them and they will see that you have it. Want to keep your towel animals? Just let them know not to dismantle, etc.

Also, if you are having guests and ordering hors' d'hoeuvres, they will also arrange for any extra glasses you need.