Questions for Neptune Suite Veterans

msmayor

Thanks Jacqui...the more I think about it its probably better that I do the spa arrangements right there, especially since it will be easier to juggle my requested times if need be rather than use a 'middle-man'. I've actually never had an issue getting the times I want when I book on embarkation day, I think because a lot of people wait for port-day or daily specials. I've always booked three at once and taken advantage of the 10%-20%-30% off that's always been offered if you book three...it has always worked out as good as taking advantage of other specials.

I can see the value in using the concierge to take care of my Pinnacle dinner, but that doesn't need to happen on day 1 (unless the Explore 4 freebie is scheduled for me on day 1). I made a reservation for day 5 and that's when I want to use my 'free' one, so need to get that bookkeeping taken care of and a refund in OBC for what I paid.

One thing I've never heard mention here is whether the Neptune concierge has a 'bank'...we've used Guest Services to exchange large bills for extra bar tips....can this be done in the Neptune Lounge or will that need to happen at Guest Services?

On the Pinnacle dinner exchange, check your Ex4 reservation right away. Twice when we've had Ex4, the freebie reservation was for the first night, so we had to make the change right away.

I agree with going directly to the spa. While we waited to buy the pass on our last cruise, two women were booking multiple treatments and it took a long time to figure out the time slots they wanted. Having the concierge as a middleman would only make it take longer.

I'll add you to my list of old bitties trying to run the HA board.

I believe that the term you're looking for is "old biddies." It's a common mistake amongst the slartards. It often manifests itself with the inability to express one's self, resulting in the substitution of asterisks for words.

Put a little effort into it next time.

You're like the first slice of bread in the loaf. Everyone touches you, but no one wants you.

If people were spices, you'd be flour.

I'm not saying that I hate you, but I'd unplug your life support to charge my phone.

You're like a Slinky . Not particularly useful, but everyone smiles when you fall downstairs.

On one of our last several cruises, the two "concierges" in our Neptune Lounge weren't "able" to check on our Lufthansa flights to get us back home from Europe to NA. They claimed they had no internet access.

Useless. (This happened during an airline strike -- got off the ship with no news -- hoped for the best).

This is not "concierge-level" service, that any rational person expects, especially when you are paying for it.

There is a computer in the Neptune Lounge that is for NS passengers - it's at the back table by the bookshelves. I use it to check things like flight status. If the internet was "up" you would have been able to check your flight yourself. If down, just like everyone else on the ship, the concierges have no access either.

Do you have to have/buy an internet package to use this computer?

Yes. You log in and use your minutes.

The last day or two of a cruise you can buy very small packages (15 or 30 minutes), at a reduced per minute price, that are perfect for checking in on flights, or other short purposes.

These are great for people who feel a need to check in for their flight in advance, but haven't otherwise needed computer time.

The Neptune concierge will print out your boarding passes without needing to have an internet account. Another very nice Neptune perk. Just give her/him the flight info and you will get the passes printed then, or later delivered to you.

On the Pinnacle dinner exchange, check your Ex4 reservation right away. Twice when we've had Ex4, the freebie reservation was for the first night, so we had to make the change right away.

Prior to embarkation, is there a way to check to see what night we have been booked for the PG? If not, will there be a card or something in our suite? First time on Explore4. :)

On the no internet comment.....I agree. They could have called the shore office to phone the airline to get it straightened out.

Even betfter,,, seing tthe concierges all rotate out of front office, they could have used itnernet at front ofice to confirm the flight. If they would nto be a the ofice in a reasonable amouunf oftgime, their co-wworkers likely would asist as they know they will someday be the concierge seeking a hand ffrom his /her colleague in front office.

Prior to embarkation, is there a way to check to see what night we have been booked for the PG? If not, will there be a card or something in our suite? First time on Explore4. :)

Unfortunately, you can't check in advance. Usually there is a card waiting for you in your suite, but one time we had to make a reservation ourselves onboard.

There is no sense to the way they assign the times. We choose early fixed dining, but got a 9:30 Pinnacle time. We met another couple in the same situation. So you can't expect your Pinnacle reservation to "match" your preferences. Fortunately, we were able to change to a different night and time.

There may be a card, but if your reservation is later in the cruise you might not get a card right away. The concierge and the restaurant will be able to see your reservation in their system though.

Unfortunately, you can't check in advance. Usually there is a card waiting for you in your suite, but one time we had to make a reservation ourselves onboard.

There is no sense to the way they assign the times. We choose early fixed dining, but got a 9:30 Pinnacle time. We met another couple in the same situation. So you can't expect your Pinnacle reservation to "match" your preferences. Fortunately, we were able to change to a different night and time.

This is why I opted to try what others on this board suggested...booking the Pinnacle for the night and time I really wanted to ensure I'd have that time available, and then asking for the 'freebie' to be applied to the existing date and time.

I knew that meant paying up front for something that will be free (assuming I am allowed to do that...most have reported no issues with this method) but I also know I'll use the resulting OBC for my spa trips.

I really don't know for sure. We had booked three reservations for the Pinnacle prior to boarding. We also had a PG from the Explore 4. We cancelled one of the pre-booked reservation. The Concierge said that if we did not use the Explore 4 reservation, we would receive a credit for the reservation we did not use.