Canceling Pre-Purchase of AIBP

Habs_Fan

I canceled the pre-purchase of the AIBP online and it said it was successfully cancelled. No email confirmation or anything yet but was wondering if others have cancelled and if they credit the card used for purchasing it and if so how long does it take them?

I canceled the pre-purchase of the AIBP online and it said it was successfully cancelled. No email confirmation or anything yet but was wondering if others have cancelled and if they credit the card used for purchasing it and if so how long does it take them?

Did you take a screen shot?

I would try calling Princess and getting some documentation from them.

Did the charge show on your CC when you purchased it?

The credit should go back on the CC.

We found it took a few days to get the credit back.

We called also as we were concerned but they said they saw we cancelled and it would be credited "soon".

We cancelled when our cruise was cut short 2 days. They said the 2 days would be given as OBC and we didn't need more OBC. Was just surprised how quickly the money is taken when purchasing and how long it takes to put back if you cancel [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We called also as we were concerned but they said they saw we cancelled and it would be credited "soon".

We cancelled when our cruise was cut short 2 days. They said the 2 days would be given as OBC and we didn't need more OBC. Was just surprised how quickly the money is taken when purchasing and how long it takes to put back if you cancel [emoji16]

It would have been refundable OBC.

It would have been refundable OBC.

I didn't want to deal with "how" it would be refunded. Check in the mail? Credit to the debit card used? Figured we had enough time before the cruise to cancel and we purchased on the cruise with the OBC we were given [emoji4]

Thanks everyone. I do have a screen shot and it no longer shows on the cruise personalizer. I'll give it a few more days. I know sometimes it can take up to 7 days to get a refund back so I'll give it a few more days. Surprised they don't send out an email confirmation like they do when you purchase it. As long as it goes back to the card I'm fine with that. I have more than enough OBC and would rather just have it back on the card.

It is amazing how quick a charge shows up, but how long it takes for a credit/return to show up. This seems to be the case almost everywhere. I read a article one time about why this is, but I do not remember the details.

It is amazing how quick a charge shows up, but how long it takes for a credit/return to show up. This seems to be the case almost everywhere. I read a article one time about why this is, but I do not remember the details.

I think in the case of Princess it is because charges are processed automatically by computers, but refunds take a human (other than the person issuing the credit) to authorize and thus are not instantaneous.

Most credit cards will allow you to sign up for account alerts. Whenever I return something I have purchased via credit card (essentially everything I purchase goes on the card) I get an email notice from the bank telling me I have received a credit to my account. I never have to manually check if a credit has been applied.