Port of Miami- Hotels

B4RK3R

Hi all,

My fiance and I will be taking a cruise out of the Port of Miami on 4/22. We are coming from Asheville, NC which is a 12 hour drive (No flying as she hates airplanes). We planned on driving down thursday night, checking in a hotel for a day, then hopping on our cruise. What Hotels do you CC'ers use in the area.

P.S. we are open to other options as well, such as booking a hotel in another city, and driving into Miami if it will save us some money. We usually drive from Charleston to Fort Lauderdale to hop on our cruises, so traveling a few hours on cruise day wont bother us. Thanks for the advise guys.

If you look over on the Florida Departure board, you will find many threads on the topic. Sorry, can't give you the link right now, but someone else will shortly, I'm sure.

Must have missed that! I'll look again, thanks.

In Miami...the Intercontinental, if you have $$$....the Holiday Inn (across the street) if you're on a budget. Both are in sight of the port...both are easily walkable to the Bayside Marketplace shopping and restaurants nearby.....they are both Holiday properties, so you get "points" for either.

We are staying at the Embassy Suites in Miami. Free cocktail hour in the afternoon and a nice breakfast the next morning, but we are flying in and don't have to think about parking a car for the week. You might want to check the cruise 'n park hotels in Miami. By staying one night, you get to park your car there while you are on the cruise and they provide a shuttle service to and from the port. Much cheaper to do this than use the port parking too. The rate for this is not much more than just booking the room w/o the cruise and park rate.