HAL's website has been down this afternoon/evening for me. Anyone else?

Old As Dirt Mom

I've been getting the credentials message when I try to access the itinerary or buy indulgences. I could access the make a payment tab and the online check in section. But, I finally got into the itinerary through a roundabout way. Up at the very top where it says My Account and how many days till your cruise, it also has a link for excursions and spa stuff. I clicked on that and got into my itinerary. .................

This is similar to the work-around I've been using today. I click on the "Already Booked" tab in the upper right hand corner of the main HAL page. I was able to make specialty dining reservations/purchases for my upcoming cruise.

Oh wow, are you and The Second Sister going on another cruise? I'll be DELIGHTED to have another of your blogs to look forward to reading!:D:D:D

Yes, we are:D. I'm taking The Second Sister on another Alaska cruise this season, as the ultimate motivation for her recovery after her total replacement knee surgery. Would love to meet you on a cruise some day, Av8rix. (Sorry for the personal aside, folks):)

I've been getting the credentials message when I try to access the itinerary or buy indulgences. I could access the make a payment tab and the online check in section. But, I finally got into the itinerary through a roundabout way. Up at the very top where it says My Account and how many days till your cruise, it also has a link for excursions and spa stuff. I clicked on that and got into my itinerary.

I also sent feedback expressing my displeasure.

That worked for me too, thanks. That was very clever of you to try that. :)

Yes, we are:D. I'm taking The Second Sister on another Alaska cruise this season, as the ultimate motivation for her recovery after her total replacement knee surgery. Would love to meet you on a cruise some day, Av8rix. (Sorry for the personal aside, folks):)
When and on what ship are you going?

Never got this message before, but this what I got this morning.....{"message":"Credentials not found!","mdcKey":"028XXXXX"}

(I replaced the numbers with "x"s in case those numbers link my account somehow)

This is still my experience as well. The front-end of the website is up, but when you want to look at your booked passage details, this message still appears. HAL said it would be fixed "later today or by tomorrow at the latest."

Perhaps HAL saw how well the CC enhancement upgrade went and contracted with the engineer responsible for it to come and upgrade the HAL website...

A hallmark of a good company is one who does extensive system/user interface testing according to a test plan and test procedure before pushing something out to the world...

I could not access my itinerary or excursions or dining earlier this morning.

Now I got through going to my Check In and worked backwards. It worked! Viewed my itinerary and was able to access everything else. So weird!

I am also having the same problem, couldn't get past Purchase and View Itinerary, got the message "credentials not found" etc. Rang HAL in Sydney who said that everything was working fine at their end no problems. Finally purchased my excursions over the phone.

I've been getting the credentials message when I try to access the itinerary or buy indulgences. I could access the make a payment tab and the online check in section. But, I finally got into the itinerary through a roundabout way. Up at the very top where it says My Account and how many days till your cruise, it also has a link for excursions and spa stuff. I clicked on that and got into my itinerary.

I also sent feedback expressing my displeasure.

Thanks for the tip. I couldn't access my itinerary through the usual way this morning. This method worked!

I emailed HAL yesterday concerning the above problems and received the following response this morning:

Thank you for contacting us regardingthe error message received on our website. Our development team is aware of theissue and working toward a resolution. We’ll let you know once we have moredetails.

In the interim, to view Shore Excursionsor Itinerary for your upcoming Reservation please follow the below steps:

1. Accessthe Holland America website

2. Select“Already Booked” from the navigation bar near the top of the page

3. Choose“Personalize Your Cruise”

4. Enteryour Email Address, Password, and click “Find Booking”

Good to know they are working on the issue, very impressed that I got a response within 24 hours. Hope this helps everyone.

Not fixed today either. I decided to book a second Tamarind dinner for our upcoming cruise and had to use ship services. The web would not process the credit card. At least the HAL rep was "no it's not you, it's been going on for three weeks and I think they keep making it worse". She was very pleasant to work with.

Sent from my iPad using Forums