Port Canaveral - Epic Embarkation

Canada Rocks

We are sailing on Saturday and just wondering what is the best time to drop off car rental and get shuttle to ship for embarkation. Reading many reviews of long lines to get through security and board ship as well as traffic lines entering port.

Any advice would be appreciated.

We are sailing on Saturday and just wondering what is the best time to drop off car rental and get shuttle to ship for embarkation. Reading many reviews of long lines to get through security and board ship as well as traffic lines entering port.

Any advice would be appreciated.

We've done this many times but mostly with DCL. NCL typically starts boarding around 11:30 but you obviously can check in much earlier.

Depending on how many ships are in port, this can be very chaotic. I always drop the group off at the ship first and then return the car myself. We've had long lines at Budget and Avis waiting to drop off car, turn in paperwork, and to get onto shuttle. So by dropping off the luggage and people it makes things go smoother as then you are only 1 person trying to get onto the shuttle.

The Epic looks like it is docking over by the DCL ships and that area gets very congested with traffic. The shuttles I've been on will stop at all in that area (because there is typically someone from each of the ships on the shuttle) so may be spending some time at each dock.

Thanks for the replies. The car rental return and shuttle can be a slow process. We will try to drop off car around 10:30 and get shuttle to ship. First time on NCL so it should be interesting.

Car rental shuttles can be packed at that time so you might wait a few shuttles worth. Best bet is 3.00 to 3.30 I have found. I am a local so we get dropped off and walk right on. Figure thousands wanting to all get on at the same time. They still need to get the others off first.

Might as well wait until AT LEAST 11, since departing passengers will still be there, clogging up the works. Give them time to leave, and try boarding around 11-11:30...should be able to walk right on!

Not even close. We arrived at the parking terminal, where you have to also drive thru to drop off, at 11 and it took us a 1/2 HR just to get into the parking area. We then waited outside for 15 min before they would even let us in the bldg. because there too many pax already inside. Had we not been in the Haven, it would have been another 1/2 hr to 45 min to get thru security and check in. If I had to do it again, I would arrive at 10:30 or 2:00.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't listen to these people who are guessing. Couple weeks ago got to the parking lot at 10:45. Took about ten minutes to get in and to the porter to drop my bags. Parked and took about ten minutes to get through the first check point and into the building. The longest wait was then waiting in the building to get through security.

They weren't letting people past security because there was no room in the terminal. Security let us in about 11:30, check in about 10 minutes and walked right on the ship about 11:45. I would rather wait in line to get on the ship than sit in my hotel.

Your times and wait can vary but if you want your best shot at getting on the ship as soon as possible to start your vacation then get there by 10:45. The people even 15 minutes behind me had a long wait just to get through the first check point.

Thanks for the replies. The car rental return and shuttle can be a slow process. We will try to drop off car around 10:30 and get shuttle to ship. First time on NCL so it should be interesting.

Excellent. Do not wait until 11:00,,,, you'll get yourself into long lines. Plan to be at the port between 10:00 and 10:30. 4200+ of your newest friends will all be trying to get through security and check-in over the next 3 hours. Might as well beat the crowds and start your vacation as soon as general boarding starts at 11:30.

At 10:30, it will still take 30+ minutes to get through security, fill out your health forms, and get through the check in line.