$7.95 Room Service Charge

Greetings from the Serenade of the Seas. We currently have the Enhanced Room Service Menu. For those that are new to the thread, we are in a full Suite and have ordered room service once so far. It still took forever, it was around 9:00 or 10:00 in the evening as I recall. We ordered nachos, hold the guac and jalapenos, all we got was chips and cheese sauce. They forgot the sour cream and salsa. We ordered naked wings, they were good. We ordered chocolate chip cookies. Still waiting on them :eek:

So far not impressed, luckily I don't have to pay. ;p I can however run/drive up to Park Café for the wonderful roast beef sandwich and be back in less than 10 minutes. Still waiting on a tip.

We are planning on a small tasting party this coming Thursday. 6 or 8 couples, hoping to order almost everything. I think we are planning on 2:00 on a port day, so service should be fast. We'll see.

What were the other choices besides naked?

Naked wasn't really a choice, but everything is better naked.:D

Soy Honey, BBQ, Buffalo (hot or mild), Jerk

Room service kitchen is located in the deck 5 galley.

Naked wasn't really a choice, but everything is better naked.:D

Soy Honey, BBQ, Buffalo (hot or mild), Jerk

Room service kitchen is located in the deck 5 galley.

Thanks, I can see some Buffalo in our future on Oasis this summer.:)

So, no free room service for PC?

Hi, Kay

Hi, John and Laura.

We haven't asked, but also haven't seen the need for room service, yet.;p We are enjoying breakfast in Chops, have had a couple of PC brunches and a dinner in Chops, with another dinner in Sabor this week, in addition to the breakfast with officers both weeks. (and Chops from MLife). Rodrigo came by again last night wanting to do something "special" for us. Upper tier party tonight....8 Pinnacles onboard, with Mario being #1.;)

How's the back? Hopefully, the motorized transportation is helping out.

Just off Grandeur on April 8. Still the old room service menu for that cruise but was scheduled to start the new menu for the cruise starting on the 8th. The last day of the cruise, wings were served at dinner time in Windjammer. In six Grandeur cruises, I had never seen them there before. They were somewhat larger than the ubiquitous wings served in the Diamond Lounge. I didn't notice if there were sauces available.

Maybe they were practicing the recipe for the following cruise.

Started charging the room Service fee on Liberty this week. Weren't supposed to start until next month. From the ship this week:

274f3abe45dc7f46afb1eee02f801079.jpg

Thanks. If look of previous page and yesterday on other postings it was discussed that couple ships inc Liberty had brought it out, "Biker" pointed it out..

I will be on RCL for the first time in May via Liberty Of The Sea...I hope they didn't implement service charge. My last 4-5 cruises have been with mainly Princess and once with Carnival. We love the room service, ordered it daily and have breakfast on the Balcony.

The first disappointment I saw on RCL is no smoke salmon for breakfast! What a bummer!

what no lox

I am currently on Allure, and the new room service menu with service charge is here. We ordered room service breakfast our first morning via the door hanger. Requested it between 7-7:30 AM, but it never came. At 7:30, I called room service and waited on hold for 15 minutes, then hung up. We gave up and went to Wipeout Cafe, which was completely empty except for us. I was half expecting they would charge us the service charge anyhow, but they didn't. I saw a room service waiter later in the day and asked him about it. He apologized and said they were having issues dealing with the new menu and they had major issues at breakfast with orders being backlogged and delayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am currently on Allure, and the new room service menu with service charge is here. We ordered room service breakfast our first morning via the door hanger. Requested it between 7-7:30 AM, but it never came. At 7:30, I called room service and waited on hold for 15 minutes, then hung up. We gave up and went to Wipeout Cafe, which was completely empty except for us. I was half expecting they would charge us the service charge anyhow, but they didn't. I saw a room service waiter later in the day and asked him about it. He apologized and said they were having issues dealing with the new menu and they had major issues at breakfast with orders being backlogged and delayed.

I am not surprised...anytime there is a change in a procedure there are problems.

I am not surprised...anytime there is a change in a procedure there are problems.

I am a bit surprised actually that this caused problems with breakfast. The breakfast menu is not so radically different, the pre-ordering with time slot process is not new. I guess they may have miscalculated staffing level needs so that should get sorted out in reasonable time.

Someone lifted the hanger, happens all the time, or they switch them or check off items that are not ordered

New menu is in effect on Oasis. We have had continental breakfast the last three days, asked for delivery between 8 & 8:30 and it had arrived between 7:55 and 8:10 each day.

mac_tlc

We are considering a RC cruise next summer and was mildly annoyed/surprised by this latest cash grab . No it won't change our booking plans except in one way . IF we book and face an 8 buck room service charge, we are going to make it worth our while . Why order just 1 cheese cake ? I'll order...

"NY Style Cheesecake with berry compoteAssorted Artisanal Cheese Plate with seasonal fruit & nutsChocolate Cake with caramel sauceWarm Chocolate Chip CookiesFresh seasonal fruit plate"

Maybe a few orders of wings as well . :p