$7.95 Room Service Charge

Someone lifted the hanger, happens all the time, or they switch them or check off items that are not ordered

Ok that is kind of a funny, but mean practical joke. You wait till people put out a room service hanger, and add things to it, like everything on the menu. I would never EVER do something like that, though the image of lined up trays of food being delivered is an amusing one.;)

Ok that is kind of a funny, but mean practical joke. You wait till people put out a room service hanger, and add things to it, like everything on the menu. I would never EVER do something like that, though the image of lined up trays of food being delivered is an amusing one.;)

Going for walks have found room service hangers on hall floor all the time. I'll pick them up put them back on door they belong, but at times they are nowhere near the cabin they belong to...

We are considering a RC cruise next summer and was mildly annoyed/surprised by this latest cash grab . No it won't change our booking plans except in one way . IF we book and face an 8 buck room service charge, we are going to make it worth our while . Why order just 1 cheese cake ? I'll order... "NY Style Cheesecake with berry compoteAssorted Artisanal Cheese Plate with seasonal fruit & nutsChocolate Cake with caramel sauceWarm Chocolate Chip CookiesFresh seasonal fruit plate"

Maybe a few orders of wings as well . :p

I noticed people saying that earlier in the thread and I wondered whether they thought it would say anything to the cruise line, or if leftovers would say anything. There's no reason to think these things would say anything other than passenger perceived great value in the abundance that was offered, in the same vein as what leftovers of humongous portions at fast casual restaurants said in past years. Cruise passengers don't seem to have adopted the land-based "portions too big" ethic yet (and why should they since the reason why that ethic developed on land was that people [mistakenly] thought there was a linear relationship between portion sizes and menu prices, and food is still included in cruise fares). Ships still get a lot of mileage out of the abundance they offer, and labor is their most substantial cost, often overshadowing things like food ingredients. Just looking at the menu, you can see that they've selected items that are relatively inexpensive (to prepare) even despite that: Grilled salmon, fried chicken wings, nachos, etc. So the biggest single cost is probably the room service waiter, and whether it is one item or five items it's probably not going to take that waiter all that much more time.

I am fascinated by people who refer to themselves in the first person. :cool:

It's a forum technique stolen from a car based forum from 15+ years ago.

Biker, who thought it was a quirky thing to do and shamelessly plagiarized it.

New menu is in effect on Oasis. We have had continental breakfast the last three days, asked for delivery between 8 & 8:30 and it had arrived between 7:55 and 8:10 each day.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We heard there is no charge for the continental breakfast (coffee and biscuits & juice). Is that true?

We heard there is no charge for the continental breakfast (coffee and biscuits & juice). Is that true?

True, no charge for the continental. The photo below is the breakfast menu. The left side is free

e8fb45ba418891c08b34409cace987b8.jpg

mac_tlc

It's a forum technique stolen from a car based forum from 15+ years ago.

Biker, who thought it was a quirky thing to do and shamelessly plagiarized it.

I think he plagiarized from one of Seinfeld episodes.

John, I forget if you're in a suite. If not, was all that food just $7.95?

Yes, in a suite. But the fee is per order, so it would have been $7.95. It was two trays of stuff. I think we tipped another $10.

Steak and chicken quesadillas, all the wings except hot buffalo, chicken fingers and nachos. Everything arrived hot. About 35 minutes, but it was at 2:00 on a port day.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, in a suite. But the fee is per order, so it would have been $7.95. It was two trays of stuff. I think we tipped another $10.

Steak and chicken quesadillas, all the wings except hot buffalo, chicken fingers and nachos. Everything arrived hot. About 35 minutes, but it was at 2:00 on a port day.

Appreciate the info and photo, looks very good. All that food would have been a bargain at $7.95.

wow ten dollars your generous. The food was 7.95 and you tipped ten dollars. I want that job . I think that very unusual and super generous

wow ten dollars your generous. The food was 7.95 and you tipped ten dollars. I want that job . I think that very unusual and super generous

Food was free and we tipped $10.

I don't think that was overly generous.

$1 per plate. It was a substantial order