Question re the FV corner aft balconies on Connie

Lunecruiser

I have booked a 9-days Eastern Med cruise next June on a FV corner aft on Connie. Now I've been just wondering is it the right choice for us..I love the fact that the balcony is huge (approx 5 times bigger than the other balconies) but the wall is made of this non see-through metal so basically it means that you can't see the sea (especially if you are really short like I am) when being inside the cabin or e.g. sitting on your balcony. I just looove to watch the wake and the sea and if I can't see it unless standing, is that cabin worth the price (€4800)?

We just spent 14 nights on the Infinity in 7202. The cabin and balcony are awesome! We would book that again in a heartbeat. Not sure what wall you are referring to as non-see thru we could stand in the living area and see the ocean. We had a gathering of 14 on our balcony and could have easily accommodated 10 more. No need to go to the pool and hunt for a lounger-had 2 on the balcony. The 2 rooms are great.

Not on Connie, but my wife and I had a Deck 8 FV on Summit. We spent a lot of time on that magnificent veranda, but you won't be seeing the wake from in the room. If that's a deal-breaker for you, I suggest you look at another room. That being said, we've been in the Concierge aft rooms, as well, and seeing the wake takes getting up and going to the window. Even then, you're seeing it many meters behind you.

Many thanks for your responses! Sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly. With the 'non see-through wall' I mean the balcony wall itself.

On aft concierge balconies there's the difference that you can see through the balcony (coz it is glass unlike on corner fv aft balconies), so in that way you see some sea even when sitting down on a lounger.

I'm just thinking that do I feel way too disconnected from the sea and the lovely sea view (that I absolutely adore!) coz I can't actually see anything unless I go next to the railing?

I might sound a bit strange when poundering these kind of things, but I am such a fanatic sea view admirer, that is absolutely one of the most important things for me in cruising!

Many thanks for your responses! Sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly. With the 'non see-through wall' I mean the balcony wall itself.

On aft concierge balconies there's the difference that you can see through the balcony (coz it is glass unlike on corner fv aft balconies), so in that way you see some sea even when sitting down on a lounger.

The white metal balcony walls are only on the corner FVs, (the ones that look like bathtubs).

The balconies of the FVs next door to them have clear plexiglass instead.

So those provide fully unobstructed views looking out the back of the ship, even when sitting or lying down on a lounger, irrespective of the person's size.

But they don't provide the view down the side of the ship.

We prefer a corner FV ourselves, while our friends prefer to have one with the plexiglass instead of the metal.

Their reason is that they spend a great deal more cruise time on their balcony loungers looking out the back of the ship than they spend looking down the side.

As for whether or not any cabin is worth any price, you are the only one who can decide whether or not it is worth it to you, which is really the only opinion that matters.

Edited by varoo

You can see from the side view out of the corner FV if sitting on the sofa in the separate part of the cabin, but obviously this isn't as accessible if you are travelling with family (which I presume you are as you're not sailing until June 2018 and the FVs wouldn't be released for less than 5 pax this far out). You can't see straight out because of the white filled in lower section of the barrier at the end of the balcony.

We love these cabins and the balconies are huge. The overhang from above gives privacy when needed, but then you also have the far end of the balcony for sunbathing and viewing ;).

image.jpg1_zpsthuaxfep.jpgimage.jpg1_zpsthuaxfep.jpg