Who booked on edge

kevi99

Cool..hope you enjoy the Rooftop! All about the views,,,,,,,I hope!

Can't believe that we just booked EDGE for Nov 2019...9 day ABC Islands. Have to stay off the boards ,,...cruise fever!

We were priced out of AQ class, so we took the very last Sunset Veranda..never tried one so hope we like it. A but of a walk from the elev ...good exercise. Seems to be a reg outdoor balc, only 89 sq ft, & next to a suite with much larger balc. .....no idea where bed placement is ????

We will get to try the new tenders at Grand Cayman...and now have to book res at the various dining rooms b/c we took Select Dining..will work on that asap!

.Due to the rising costs, the plan right now is to skip specialty dining and we will try and snag the PG passes as soon as we board in lieu of booking spa in advance!

We have been to all the ports but think its a great itin!

Here is what I posted about your choice on another thread:

"Good choice, IMO. I may book one onboard in Dec to get a better perks, if the sky suites are still sky high (pun intended). It will also depend upon how sweet the suite life is and if it is worth the cost.

We have an SV for our cabin crawl on the Dec 1 cruise so I will take lots of pictures. I'll also see what the aft life is like on the Edge on that Dec 1 cruise. Five months from today!!! :D"

Here is the layout. You can look at the deck plan to see if it is bed by balcony or bath. Some of us are guessing the two middle ones have a bit bigger balcony due to the curvature, but we will see (the info says the 89 sq ft is the average, so some are even bigger). The cabin is bigger too - 228 sq ft!

So exciting for you to have another cruise to plan!!

enhance

Thanks

It's 7308...the very last SV available. It shows it connects to the suite next door so hope we do not get bumped!

We would have liked the SV next to it on the other side, but all were booked!

When I called to book with a rep.... he could not get his computer to boot up.. I just went ahead and did it on my tablet.. actually .worked well. We called in later to firm things up.

Dh was sold by the chance to try the SV.....hope no soot back there!

If u can figure out the bed for me, Id appreciate it.. Not as big a deal b/c it's not the Infinite Balc set up. I also think we will be over part of Eden...maybe the winding path part???

Thanks

It's 7308...the very last SV available. It shows it connects to the suite next door so hope we do not get bumped!

We would have liked the SV next to it on the other side, but all were booked!

When I called to book with a rep.... he could not get his computer to boot up.. I just went ahead and did it on my tablet.. actually .worked well. We called in later to firm things up.

Dh was sold by the chance to try the SV.....hope no soot back there!

If u can figure out the bed for me, Id appreciate it.. Not as big a deal b/c it's not the Infinite Balc set up. I also think we will be over part of Eden...maybe the winding path part???

The bed is by the balcony. This is what you are over according to a cruise deck site when I overlayed the two decks and matched the elevators. It is partially over cabins and a bit over that little room on Eden 6 (purpose unknown):

enhance

enhance

It will be interesting to find out if people above Eden will be able to look down into the interior - would be a cool view! I will be above you a few decks on Dec 1st - I will take a picture of whatever I can see of your balcony (since they are angled out, I should be able to see your railing at least.

You can always call Celebrity and have them call you if the cabin next door opens up, but yours should be pretty sweet!

To I Am Sea..

You might want to book your fav dinner spot ahead..res are booking up

There will be lots of chances to spend your OBC once you board but if you have a fav place and time I,'d book it in advance..it's refundable if you cancel.

Just a thought!

That's just it...we want to try one of the new restaurants. Since we have not been on the Edge, no way of telling which will be our favorite. The Rooftop Grill does look nice, but what happens if it is raining? It's not like the Lawn Club Grill (our favorite) that stays covered. My DH does want to try the big orange place. Is that just drinks or also dinner?

We have a very knowledgeable foodie friend who is extremely well versed in cruise/traveling, so we trust her opinions implicitly. She'll be on board the Edge in December, and our final payment is in January. Frankly, I cannot conceive of backing out; the curiosity factor is too great, but it might be our first and last at the going prices. I really am surprised our friend booked so early a cruise. Too fancy a ship not to have issues of some sort.

People that have real money,lots of it,don't flaunt it,keep quiet about it,I for one,don't wear any jewelry,no watch,( I can easily afford one),but in my clubs,that would be "bad taste ". People that throw money around just want to impress others,l myself,do not dress up,just want to be comfortable,that's my take on cruises !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

People who work hard and make something of themselves deserve to wear nice things, if they choose. In my clubs it would be foolish to dress like a pauper and drive a jalopy just to avoid a false label. For me most people who can afford the best things in life, penthouses on land and sea, aren't flaunting it; they are enjoying the fruits of their labors. Good for them

That's just it...we want to try one of the new restaurants. Since we have not been on the Edge, no way of telling which will be our favorite. The Rooftop Grill does look nice, but what happens if it is raining? It's not like the Lawn Club Grill (our favorite) that stays covered. My DH does want to try the big orange place. Is that just drinks or also dinner?

The menus are all on the website..I am tech challenged and found them today.. and links are definitely posted..maybe on this thread. It takes some work to go through it all but I did it..hot and humid out and dh at work...so good use of time

the orange thing when "appended" to Raw is alot of seafood...a la carte .I would love it but is a no go for dh with fish allergies. The Special dinner...see sep thread by Vt cruiser is not yet set...so an unknown. I am afraid of heights so passing on that, plus probable hi cost.

Roof top looks fun, we will book it again for next cruise on a port night..but the for me the menu is NOT as good as LCG.... If we could only pick one ahead of time, we would do the Finecut Steakhouse because the menu and ambiance suits our style

. The Eden seems like a very adventurous menu and we do not like performance dinners..that also rules out Le Petite Chef for us...

But it's a purely personal choice...you can always cancel once the reviews start coming in.

Edited by hcat

The bed is by the balcony. This is what you are over according to a cruise deck site when I overlayed the two decks and matched the elevators. It is partially over cabins and a bit over that little room on Eden 6 (purpose unknown):

enhance

enhance

It will be interesting to find out if people above Eden will be able to look down into the interior - would be a cool view! I will be above you a few decks on Dec 1st - I will take a picture of whatever I can see of your balcony (since they are angled out, I should be able to see your railing at least.

You can always call Celebrity and have them call you if the cabin next door opens up, but yours should be pretty sweet!

Sorry to repeat all the pics...to clarify...our cabin is one deck up from what you marked,,or is that the cabin we have?

Vt .....thanks for all this info..and for all the time you have devoted to helping me and many others! You and Lloyd and have really been awesome,

.Bed by balc will be fine...was more an issue with the Inf balc cabin in AQ class for Jan, We have never been that far back on a ship...(usually go midships...) or on that low a deck,. Should be an adventure. ( another cashmere mattress! ) The cabin was what interested dh who is more cruised out than I at this point!

If one of these opens on a higher deck, I might switch but we generally stick with what we booked. Should I have Cap Club mark something somewhere???

Sorry to repeat all the pics...to clarify...our cabin is one deck up from what you marked,,or is that the cabin we have?

Vt .....thanks for all this info..and for all the time you have devoted to helping me and many others! You and Lloyd and have really been awesome,

.Bed by balc will be fine...was more an issue with the Inf balc cabin in AQ class for Jan, We have never been that far back on a ship...(usually go midships...) or on that low a deck,. Should be an adventure. ( another cashmere mattress! ) The cabin was what interested dh who is more cruised out than I at this point!

If one of these opens on a higher deck, I might switch but we generally stick with what we booked. Should I have Cap Club mark something somewhere???

Yes, just showing what was below you in that cabin in case you can see into Eden at all. :D

I agree that the bed by the balcony is probably not as much of an issue for traditional-type balconies. If you wish to be higher up or get one of the cabins that are not connected to an S1, I think calling Captain's Club to see if you can be placed on a wait list for a certain cabin is smart. I've only done it once and they let me wait list one cabin, but that was a while ago. Maybe they do it differently now?

Thanks...I showed my husb the location. He was fine with it.

After all these years of cruising, he never once mentioned he wanted to try this type of cabin, so I'm glad he's looking forward to it. We'll get fewer points than AQ class but does not matter, and we can priority board as E +.

DH also ok with tendering at Gr Cayman,, weather permitting, Hope the larger tenders make a big difference,

We actually were able to easily book all of our Select dining for the times we wanted. We took a balanced ( easy ) approach with 2 nights in each if the 4 MDRs...spread out, and one port night at the Rooftop Grill ( again),

VERY ODD???

Did a dummy booking check..Now there were 5 SVs available,,Could have gone up one deck...same location next to the suite with connecting door.

Instead we took one in the middle still on deck 7..bed by bathrm..hope better location

So they may not release everything they really have or ? Rep did not know

Guess it always pays to keep looking,.

The menus are all on the website..I am tech challenged and found them today.. and links are definitely posted..maybe on this thread. It takes some work to go through it all but I did it..hot and humid out and dh at work...so good use of time

the orange thing when "appended" to Raw is alot of seafood...a la carte .I would love it but is a no go for dh with fish allergies. The Special dinner...see sep thread by Vt cruiser is not yet set...so an unknown. I am afraid of heights so passing on that, plus probable hi cost.

Roof top looks fun, we will book it again for next cruise on a port night..but the for me the menu is NOT as good as LCG.... If we could only pick one ahead of time, we would do the Finecut Steakhouse because the menu and ambiance suits our style

. The Eden seems like a very adventurous menu and we do not like performance dinners..that also rules out Le Petite Chef for us...

But it's a purely personal choice...you can always cancel once the reviews start coming in.

By the time the reviews start coming in, we will be boarding the ship.:D Plus, we will be onboard the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam the week before. ;)

Thank you for the post. It is very helpful. :)

VERY ODD???

Did a dummy booking check..Now there were 5 SVs available,,Could have gone up one deck...same location next to the suite with connecting door.

Instead we took one in the middle still on deck 7..bed by bathrm..hope better location

So they may not release everything they really have or ? Rep did not know

Guess it always pays to keep looking,.

Great! At least you won't have to worry about someone wanting an adjoining S1 and the balcony may be a bit bigger.

Funny that your husband never said anything before about the aft. It may end up being a new favorite. I can't remember having any soot in the aft on X, just RCI, and hopefully Edge has cutting edge technology to help prevent that.

Glad we moved...but I did mess it up a bit by misreading the numbers

. DH came to the rescue & was able to change the cabin # online...so we still got a middle one but bed by balc again...our new destiny!

Already signed up for our new roll call.

We have middle 2 SV cabins booked on Edge in 2020. Does not look like the partition between cabins can be opened. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I was wondering about that. I am hoping that they can be since the IVs can’t be so if SVs don’t connect, it is likely no non-suite cabins connect (and not sure if any suite cabins do).

I thought at least the aft S 1s and the adjoining SV balcony might be able to since they can make a family sky suite (as well as CS family suites), but not sure.

The connecting issue of the SV cabin next to the suite, and possible balc connection (?) as well, was the main reason we switched to a middle SV...

From the depictions posted they do not seem to be able to be opened for the middle SV balcs, but we most likely won't know til she is built and sailed...

Do the balcs open on both M and S class??? We once sailed where I believe folks on our roll call had three opened up...or planned to...can't recall when or what ship...Maybe Silhouette????

Feel pretty lucky. Got a Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah for $1870 per person plus 2 perks. They were being advertised for just one sailing and sold out but my TA got one released from a "block". Anyone know about the block thing? Can't wait for 2/3/19!

Feel pretty lucky. Got a Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah for $1870 per person plus 2 perks. They were being advertised for just one sailing and sold out but my TA got one released from a "block". Anyone know about the block thing? Can't wait for 2/3/19!

Nice! I can't wait to see that category of cabin on our 12/6/18 cabin crawl! I will report back on it, with some pictures, I hope. Sounds like a great deal! :D

• 3 weeks later...