Who booked on edge

kevi99

Actually, you can purchase very inexpensive dress clothes in places like target and Marshalls- so if a lady wants a dress or pants and a dressy top- you can purchase for the same price as casual clothes. The same stores sell mens dress attire. Shouldn't really cause any anxiety. I would think if you believe you aren't dressed like most people you would suffer from anxiety-

However, everyone should feel comfortable with what they decide to wear. One of the nice things about the Summit is that the guest are diverse in age. Perhaps in off times of the year, you might find an older crowd.

From what I read is celebrity seems to be more for an older crowd, we don't like to dress up or drink but the dw suffers from anxiety and I don't want her to feel out of place and we're not rich by any means

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My hubby was wearing shorts and a deadpool t-shirt on embarkation on our Alaskan cruise on the Solstice and the crew keep telling him he had the coolest shirt :)

I like sundresses so I wear mostly that. Hubby wears kakis and polos when he dresses for diner, nothing fancy. He Hates dressing up. His motto his that his money is as good as anybody else's regardless on how he dresses and he is in vacation so he wants to be comfortable. And the last cruise, we did the 7 night dining package, went to Murano 4 times and got great service regardless. No issues in blue either.

Especially on a Caribbean cruise, people don't go crazy. They might on formal night, but we just avoid main dining room.

To be honest, the worse cruise I have been on for that was the New Year cruise we did on the Oasis on the seas... we felt out of place because you could see people had tons of money and were ready to party and spend it.. Teens were arguing about who had the best Rolex... that's out of my league

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

From what I read is celebrity seems to be more for an older crowd, we don't like to dress up or drink but the dw suffers from anxiety and I don't want her to feel out of place and we're not rich by any means

Being rich has nothing to do with it.. age is relative...

most people dress well esp on Chic nites...no more formal night..maybe a smaller M class ship would be more comfortable for your wife..or Norwegian which is more casual

Being rich has nothing to do with it.. age is relative...

most people dress well esp on Chic nites...no more formal night..maybe a smaller M class ship would be more comfortable for your wife..or Norwegian which is more casual

I agree Dressing well has nothing to do with being wealthy. You don't have to wear prada or gucci to look good. People of all shapes and sizes can dress nicely. On the Summit which is a smaller celebrity ship like the infinity and millenium most people do dress well.

The S class ships are larger with more venues and amenities Being newer, the staterooms are nicer. our favorite S class are the Silhouette and Reflection. However we are booked on the Edge, which will be the newest Celebrity ship and a new class.

Looking at march/April 2019 you think it will go down and how does price drop work as we've only cruised on carnival

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even if more money go for it. Last March my Brother and his family loyal carnival cruisers, sailed with us on the reflection, he now will only sail on Celebrity. He went on the Silhouette recently and loved it . Has another celebrity ship booked that he booked on board.

The crowd tends to be a but older but it really is pretty diverse. On our last cruise on the Reflection we met and enjoyed the company of several couples in their 20s and 30s. Isn't really about age. As for dress just don't go to the main dining room on chic night but really the dress code is relaxed enough that it even says jeans. It just has a more laid back atmosphere instead of frenetic activity. We have done Carnival (never again), NCL ( a little better) but Celebrity the best by far for service.

• 4 weeks later...
Debating on three choices, b2b on the infinity doing a 5 and 4. The silhouette or the edge both doing the same ports

Infinity is an M class ship...older ship but in good condition with recent updates. A B2b means in essence 2 short cruises...maybe more of a party crowd depending on dates; and repeat shows , activities & menus etc. We have been on Infinity recently and are going back soon but not for short itins,..It was nice but for us a bit dated despite the updates,

Silhouette is a great ship...we are booked on her for 2018....nice restaurants, plenty of uncluttered, spaces to enjoy... modern decor, classy ship...but not "stuffy" in our experience. Might be a good ship for you to try X...There are also some nice Royal ships that are not Mega size.

..EDGE is an unknown for all of us,,.booked on her for 2019

Prices go up rather than down so you might want to pick something soon!

So what's the main difference between M and S

M class, are MILLENNIUM CLASS ships.....smaller and older.

S Class, SOLSTICE Class, larger and newer.

People that have real money,lots of it,don't flaunt it,keep quiet about it,I for one,don't wear any jewelry,no watch,( I can easily afford one),but in my clubs,that would be "bad taste ". People that throw money around just want to impress others,l myself,do not dress up,just want to be comfortable,that's my take on cruises !

People that have real money,lots of it,don't flaunt it,keep quiet about it,I for one,don't wear any jewelry,no watch,( I can easily afford one),but in my clubs,that would be "bad taste ". People that throw money around just want to impress others,l myself,do not dress up,just want to be comfortable,that's my take on cruises !

Don't agree. I love and enjoy wearing designer clothes and jewelry. I do it for me not for others or to impress. To each his her own.