The most OBC

antsp

We don't qualify for the military OBC so we will never have the giant amounts some folks get. I think our next cruise has something like $650. I was going to get around $900 more OBC from transferring my booking to a new TA but the original TA knocked $900 off the booking price so it works out the same but I can't count it as part of my OBC. Had I actually transferred the booking I would have had $1,550 in OBC. As it stands the daily gratuities will be more than the OBC. :eek:

Pretty sure the lucky few who received 100% of their fare in OBC as a move-over offer will come in and mic-drop this thread.

Heh... Sounds like they will win hands down. :)

Best ever was on on a 21 day med last May on the Royal. Princess was offering $300pp and then sent me an offer which doubled the amount.

To that $1200 we also added $250 from being a Carnival corp shareholder, $100 each from FCC's and then got $475from our TA. Grand total of $2125. Not a bad start to a cruise. Spent most but cashed some out.

Gee, that is a lot of OBC.. I thought I was doing well with $600 OBC and a free specialty dinner for cruise April to hawaii from vancouver return in 2018....

You could easily have another $550 on top of the $600. Buy 100 or more CCL shares and that will give you $250 US OBC. If you have been on Princess before and did a $100 deposit per person towards a future cruise on Princess you would be getting $125 each if in Inside or OV cabin OR $150 each if in Balcony or better cabin. That is an additional $500 or $550 US OBC that you are in control of. With the horrible $1.35 CAD to $1 US exchange rate we have to work every angle possible to get as much bang for our $1.35.

Don't get off that cruise without doing the Future Cruise deposit, its 100% refundable if you change your mind. And consider more than one deposit per person to allow having more than one cruise booked at a time or for booking B2B cruises. We make sure we have 5 or 6 deposits each in place before disembarking each cruise.

AE_Collector

Hard to judge comparable OBC amounts as some TAs offer OBC instead of offering a 10%+ fare reduction. I'd much rather pay $000's less to start with and get OBC.

For instance, I'm booked on a Hawaiian cruise in November in an oceanview. I'm paying almost $700 less than the current fare for the same cabin category and will have $825 in OBC. That's just for me, not two people combined. No military OBC.

Well now what about £1500 on a transatlantic UK to New York and East Coast of Canada. 25 nights. The OBC lasted until halfway back across the Atlantic.

Exchange rate at the time £1.00 = $1.50

With P&O

:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked a thirty day South American cruise as two B2B segments. With Promotional credits, travel agent credits, military credit, Future cruise credit (only had one each) and shareholder credit, for two it will be $2570. Not sure how we will spend it all but I am sure we will try. This is in addition to a travel agent discount. I use a travel agent that Pam In Ca recommended and have been happy ever since. The travel agent even beat a big box membership stores price.

Edited by alolewis
dding additional information

Early bookings of the World Cruises which also include the Pacific Rim start with $1000 per person OBC from Princess. Add to that FCC, Military and TA discounts plus TA OBC and it gets up there to the point we are wondering how we can spend it all on a 75 day voyage. We do private tours and are not heavy drinkers.

We are still paying less than the best fare we have seen advertised including after the cruise went past final payment.

We don't need anymore coffee cards and the mini bars are apparently set up 3 times as this cruise can be booked in segments.

We have had a similar experience where we ended up buying watches we didn't need just to use up the OBC.

The cruise is from Sydney to Sydney so there are no gratuities to pay, many other passengers will have similar amounts of OBC so I will be interested to see if this affects the cruise in general.

I did a T/A, Rome to FLL, in December, sailing solo in a balcony cabin on the Pacific Princess. With the promo in force at the time of booking, I got $600 OBC for a balcony booking, plus $150 for booking with a FCC, plus $250 shareholder benefit, and $50 loyalty OBC, for a total of $1050. That covered 100% of my onboard expenses, including excursions, and left me with $78 in refundable credit, for which I received a check in the mail about 6 weeks later.

My guess is that it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime event!!!