Okay we have the smoking thread, what about BALCONY MUSIC

Here’s one for you. On the Escape last summer, my girls were playing music when sailing. Got a call from security to turn it down and they asked me next door about it. I went out on my balcony to have them turn their music down to where i couldn’t hear it and told them we’d apologize to the much older ladies next door when we saw them. Then, 20 minutes later security knocked on the door to tell them to turn it off. I’d been on my balcony the entire time. I heard nothing from my daughters’ room next door. I invited security onto my balcony and they couldn’t hear it either. At that point I’m sorry, I played the “I paid for my spaces too” card. Seemed ridiculous to me... cannot please some people. It was likely the OP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s one for you. On the Escape last summer, my girls were playing music when sailing. Got a call from security to turn it down and they asked me next door about it. I went out on my balcony to have them turn their music down to where i couldn’t hear it and told them we’d apologize to the much older ladies next door when we saw them. Then, 20 minutes later security knocked on the door to tell them to turn it off. I’d been on my balcony the entire time. I heard nothing from my daughters’ room next door. I invited security onto my balcony and they couldn’t hear it either. At that point I’m sorry, I played the “I paid for my spaces too” card. Seemed ridiculous to me... cannot please some people. It was likely the OP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small world ;)

I was thinking about this the other day, in my backyard. I have a pool, and wanted to play some music on my bluetooth speaker, but was thinking it was maybe inconsiderate to my neighbors. So I went outside the fence when I had my music playing, decided they could barely hear it and that the birds were chirping louder than my music was. It was also WELL before 8pm, probably around 5pm or so. Life is too short for me to not have a reasonably enjoyable time in my own backyard, right!? Local ordinances say that i can play reasonable level music in my yard until 11pm, so I was well within my rights anyhow. No one has complained yet.

I feel like the same applies for balcony music. As long as its on at an acceptable level and at an acceptable time, it should be allowed. If you called security and the cruiseline said "no, this isn't ok" and stopped it, that is one thing. There's no "No music on the balcony" policy that I am aware of. Like other posters said, you are cruising with over 4,000 other people, there's going to have to be some give and take. Like someone else said, it isn't a designated "You must be quiet here" zone and the teens had a point, they did pay for this too and have a right to enjoy their balcony in their own way, just like you want to enjoy yours in your own way.

It would have been nice of them to say "Oh we are sorry our music is disturbing you, we will turn it down a bit" as a compromise, but you know, they're just kids, they are still learning how to interact appropriately. Give them a little slack.

Not to revive this, BUT, we just got off the Escape this week. Great sailing and posted review on Board. One of the highlights for me was the German family above us that every port day, scrambled out onto the balcony to crank up some disco classics like "I need some hot stuff baby tonight" and "Bad Girls...Talkin Bout Bad Girls." It was loud and they did this even as we pulled into Miami. This was also interspersed with lots of shouting in German and in English "I will kill you" and "Do you want me to hurt you?" I think this was in response to one member of the family trying to turn down the music. Honestly, we all laughed about it and were singing hot stuff baby tonight all week. lol

thats a great vacation story!!!