Critical help wrongly refused

beentothere

Some details of what transpired would be helpful.

Just remember that the facilities on the ship are limited. Maybe they didn't do anything because they couldn't (for one reason or another). Again details would be helpful.

Sounds a bit cryptic, is it possible that X did/does not understand what the issue is based on what we are reading here?

Is it possible that the 'need' is beyond the scope of what X can/will accommodate?

Is this something which X needs/needed to prevent before or during a sailing?

Is this something which is specific to you or others related to you that could not be prevented or alleviated to any degree with the exception of dis-embarking/evacuating the passenger(s) at the next port?

So many open issues not addressed in the OP, unless they are in hopes that someone from X will read it and contact them from here? Not sure how that works here, if that is the case, for sure.

bon voyage

My sympathies with the original poster. Having an issue that is not being addressed by the company is very frustrating. Did you book through a TA? If so, reach out to them and see if they can assist. In the past, when we have encountered problems, our TA was able to assist and also enlisted the help of their Celebrity representative. I hope everything gets worked out.

From the OP's post it seems that this post is after they got off the ship and they have filed 27 complaints 😳 with no response. Who knows, they may be contacting the wrong person/departments.

As others have said without more info no way to advise them.

These problems were not money issues.

Item 1: In the mdr, three days of serving totally

raw meat. Ice cold. Sent it back but no other

choice except to change order. Waiter insisted

that the meat was medium rare, all the way to

the top restaurant management and customer

relations.

CDC says such raw meat is against their rules.

No squiggle room. Raw uncooked is prohibited.

I confirmed directly with them.

And then, a gentlemen one table over could not

handle the raw steak and died in front of us.

So.....................................

The CDC Has the case. I have my recollection and celebrity has the complaint(s). Sean in relation/captainsclub refused to believe it! Until he spoke to the man's wife and had to give her the insurance contact information.

On other cruises: Never saw this before. Never saw it after.

Before becoming too engaged in the issues the O.P. may have, it might be prudent to review their past postings.

In that it would appear Celebrity has not been able to meet past expectations, it isn't really a surprise they again disappoint.

Why the O.P. would continue to give Celebrity their business when Celebrity is not a fit with their needs is a question I doubt can be answered.

"Critical" health issues are treated by the doctor and staff.. if they can. If not, the cruiser is treated off ship. Can't imagine any "critical" health concern was "REFUSED" by "everyone".

27 complaints filed? Calls or letter? To whom?

Can't wait to hear more.

Sorry this happened to the gentlemen and his family.

A few thoughts . . .

I am sure an autopsy was or will be done and that alone will prove what he died from. I've never heard of anyone dying after immediately eating raw meat.

And unless you are the wife's attorney, why are you trying to handle the complaint with the cruiseline?

My post was just erased. Trying another

3 days in mdr being served raw uncooked meat. Ice cold.

Not cooked at all.

Sent it back, no other choices, cooked that is. Had to order pasta, which

was still very good.

Complained to all, waiter insisted that it was medium rare. MDR manager said it would be taken care of.

Three days...not fixed. But a gentleman one table over had issue with

the steak. Raw is very hard to chew. He had to have his steak, I heard

him arguing with his wife. He choked and died.

This was reported during the three days at all levels. Nothing

On return, I checked with the CDC. Raw is prohibited. Case is on file.

Sean in captains club refused to believe, till the man's wife spoke to

him and had him forward the insurance company contact info.

Just how I remember it.

Sorry this happened to the gentlemen and his family.

A few thoughts . . .

I am sure an autopsy was or will be done and that alone will prove what he died from. I've never heard of anyone dying after immediately eating raw meat.

And unless you are the wife's attorney, why are you trying to handle the complaint with the cruiseline?

Raw beef is a haven for bacteria and such things as

noro....

The man choked. Raw beef is very very difficult to chew.

I simply want to be served legal food.

National Restaurant Association member years ago.

I recall the rules...like Jack in the box undercooked hamburgers.

I want the cruise lines to recheck all food is properly cooked when there is a probability of issue.

I have no idea if any of this issue went forward, except

for the CDC case filing.

Don't you want safe food?

"Critical" health issues are treated by the doctor and staff.. if they can. If not, the cruiser is treated off ship. Can't imagine any "critical" health concern was "REFUSED" by "everyone".

27 complaints filed? Calls or letter? To whom?

Can't wait to hear more.

Check with Orlando...no last name who is a senior

manager who will not email or otherwise identify himself.

Check with Sean at captains club. He disbelieved till

the man's wife contacted for insurance claim.

I do not sail celebrity any longer, after 30 cruises!

But some friends do. I would like to see them safe.

First was inaugural on the Zenith

Until your second explanation, choking was not mentioned, just that he couldn't handle the meat. Yes I know raw meat is dangerous, just not dangerous enough to die immediately after eating it as you seem to indicate.

And yes, we all want safe meat, but you didn't explain in anything you posted that you just wanted their assurance meat is being cooked properly.

Until your second explanation, choking was not mentioned, just that he couldn't handle the meat. Yes I know raw meat is dangerous, just not dangerous enough to die immediately after eating it as you seem to indicate.

And yes, we all want safe meat, but you didn't explain in anything you posted that you just wanted their assurance meat is being cooked properly.

Sorry, prior post vanished...became out of sequence

I always order a med. steak, expecting it to come out MR. I wouldn't eat cold or raw steak and that would be the end of it. It takes awhile to die from choking. At least long enough for people sitting one table over to notice, jump in and HELP. Or scream for help if you don't know basic first aid. His wife just sat there and watched him die? If he died silently, I would say to not jump to conclusions that it was the steak. Perhaps the reason the cruise line is not answering your complaints is because you are interloping into another passengers affairs.

How long ago was this cruise that you say you don't sail Celebrity anymore? Like the cruise line, I cannot give merit to this complaint. Good luck with the CDC. They have bigger problems. Like Zika and plague.

I always order a med. steak, expecting it to come out MR. I wouldn't eat cold or raw steak and that would be the end of it. It takes awhile to die from choking. At least long enough for people sitting one table over to notice, jump in and HELP. Or scream for help if you don't know basic first aid. His wife just sat there and watched him die? If he died silently, I would say to not jump to conclusions that it was the steak. Perhaps the reason the cruise line is not answering your complaints is because you are interloping into another passengers affairs.

How long ago was this cruise that you say you don't sail Celebrity anymore? Like the cruise line, I cannot give merit to this complaint. Good luck with the CDC. They have bigger problems. Like Zika and plague.

Medically trained help arrived very quickly. Three or four worked on the man with all the techniques that

perhaps could be done and that I was familiar with. The problem they explained is that steak was trapped in his lung and could not be expelled. The man did not die Silently. It was a horrible scene with his wife and friends screaming and crying.

Alternate air passage was not going to do the job. No

one had the surgical training or the instruments to go further.

The next day and throughout the remainder of the cruise, customer relations had no knowledge

of anyone dying in the mdr. Coverup? So when

we asked, we were all told, nothing occurred,

Yes, at least at our table, all the orders were sent

back. Again and again. The waiter got very very mad

and walked off after the 5th round of replacements.

Sorry you don't understand that the surface of raw

beef not only is a carrier of such "bigger problems"

but supports their proliferation and contamination

rates. And CDC does take correct temperature management very seriously.

Other affairs....really, I just wanted to be able to eat

my steaks and chops. If they had fixed the problem

over the 3 days of raw meat, the man would likely

be alive.

Young lady, my computers ran two hospitals throughout Every department every activity.

I am a graduate trained biostatistician and my national

science fellowship was taken at the Mayo Clinic.

Sorry, I am real.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess these days the food would be pictured on a phone as evidence. The distressing incident would probably appear on You Tube within a short period of time. Former would be useful in building the case, the latter unacceptable. Use of twitter, facebook and other social media platforms also likely to bring a response from the company as the publicity is bad news.

relations.

The CDC Has the case. .

Did you take a picture of the raw meat. I would have done do. Was it blue?

Someone died in front of you and you know it was from raw meat?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

relations.

The CDC Has the case. I have my recollection and celebrity has the complaint(s). Sean in relation/captainsclub refused to believe it! Until he spoke to the man's wife and had to give her the insurance contact information.

On other cruises: Never saw this before. Never saw it after.

First of all, you are not getting any responses because there sounds as though there may be legal action threatened or pending and then the cruise line would be prohibited from responding.

Second, I seriously doubt you or any other passenger was ever served raw meat. I asked for a rare hamburger and had to sign a waiver. It may have been red or pink in the middle, but that would mean it was cooked. If it were blue, then it was raw. If it was raw, it would be unbelievably chewy, but eating it will not hurt you. Carpaccio and steak tartare are examples. I assume you are speaking of beef or lamb. If you are talking about duck, it does not carry salmonella and is intended to be served medium., but raw will not hurt you. If it was chicken, it must be cooked but the risk is salmonella. Nobody would drop dead at the table from eating raw anything unless he choked, which is not necessarily symptomatic of the meat being raw.

Third, if you were served something not to your liking, then it is perfectly acceptable to change your order to something else. Why on earth this bothered you is beyond me.

Fourth, the fact that the man's wife had to ask for the insurance information was indicative that she had (rightfully) been charged for medical services rendered. This is not an indication of anything else at all. Your first post you said he died, then you said he didn't. As far as I know, there is no middle ground.

Finally, the fact that you have complained numerous times about this both on the ship and off, and no one has responded....says a lot. I suspect, along with the crew and customer service, that you are what might be called a "crack pot".

I highly suggest that you not cruise, stay at home, and incinerate your own meat to your personal taste.

Edited by Fish Lover

constellation transatlantic april 2015

Why on earth do you post a complaint about something that occurred 2 years ago?!?!

I m sorry that this gentleman died, but he choked, which isn't directly associated with eating raw meat.

A steak, which is red/pink (raw?) inside hasn't had the opportunity to come in contact with organisms, so the chance of becoming ill because of it is very small. Hamburger, on the other hand, does have exposure, thus the regulation to cook throughout. Only a "well done" steak is cooked throughout, and then it renders the meat very tough and chewy.

I'm sorry, but your stories don't add up to me. This fellow was choking.....and you mentioned that you were familiar with the procedures to help him. Did you jump up and assist? If not, maybe you are partially responsible for his death in delaying treatment (????). You said help did arrive quickly, but their attempts were unsuccessful. Please remember that a cruise ship is not a level 1 trauma center. They are not equipped to deal with many situations.....like a piece of food lodged in someone's lung.....which I suspect isn't the correct diagnosis as trapped in a lung implies a blockage to ONE lung, but most of us have two, so he could still be able to breath.

It's good that you have stopped cruising on Celebrity. I suspect that you may wish to stop dining out altogether as you will experience "raw" food in any/all restaurants.

Good luck to you and yours.

Medically trained help arrived very quickly. Three or four worked on the man with all the techniques that

perhaps could be done and that I was familiar with. The problem they explained is that steak was trapped in his lung and could not be expelled. The man did not die Silently. It was a horrible scene with his wife and friends screaming and crying.

Alternate air passage was not going to do the job. No

one had the surgical training or the instruments to go further.

The next day and throughout the remainder of the cruise, customer relations had no knowledge

of anyone dying in the mdr. Coverup? So when

we asked, we were all told, nothing occurred,

Yes, at least at our table, all the orders were sent

back. Again and again. The waiter got very very mad

and walked off after the 5th round of replacements.

Sorry you don't understand that the surface of raw

beef not only is a carrier of such "bigger problems"

but supports their proliferation and contamination

rates. And CDC does take correct temperature management very seriously.

Other affairs....really, I just wanted to be able to eat

my steaks and chops. If they had fixed the problem

over the 3 days of raw meat, the man would likely

be alive.

Young lady, my computers ran two hospitals throughout Every department every activity.

I am a graduate trained biostatistician and my national

science fellowship was taken at the Mayo Clinic.

Sorry, I am real.

Baloney! I was on that cruise. EVERYONE knew what happened as it happened. Do you remember the announcement throughout the ship? STAR CODE, STAR CODE, STAR CODE, MAIN DINING ROOM.