I love Cruisecritic.com

toescat

• Administrators
I also have not had instant notifications for a few days, but I do have a partial explanation.

My notifications first go to gmail and from there they are forwarded to my Internet provider's system. My e-mail is retrieved on my computer from the Internet provider's site and not directly from gmail.

Well, the mail was not reaching my Internet provider's system for me to retrieve it.

When I looked directly at the gmail account I saw:

a) The notification message which I could read with no problem

b) An e-mail notice of rejection by my Internet provider saying it rejected the message because of a DMARC problem (whatever that might be--but it essentially means it does not trust the authenticity of the sender of the message).

So maybe your Internet provider is rejecting your notifications and that is why you are not seeing them.

Of course if this is the case Cruise Critic personnel would have no knowledge that your Internet provider was rejecting messages.

This. Thank you, SO helpful to us.

Also include me into one of those passengers that loves Cruise Critic. Even after 50+ cruises, I continue to learn so much from other posters. We've set up rides from the airport to the port and back at times, joined in on slot pulls, planned excursions, room choices, money saving strategies (including price drops), etc, etc, etc!

I have also read many ship reviews and have written many reviews myself ... hoping the information I provide is just as helpful to others as theirs is to me. And .... it was excited to win the review of the week a couple of times. Gifts that are sent are a little token of their appreciation. Not expensive but a nice gesture and well used.

We've recently all got together to write Celebrity and let them know our positive feedback with Luggage Valet and it was reinstated and our dissatisfaction with the 7 AM cabin vacate time .... it changed back to 8 AM.

All valuable little pearls to enhance our cruise experience.

I can tell you that the cruise lines monitor these boards. Last year on NCL when we had our meet & greet; the captain and his entire staff were there. They introduced themselves and handed out cards to everyone. The captain told us if anything goes wrong to let one of the senior staff members know. He said I know you pay a lot to come on vacation and please give us a chance to correct any issues. I believe he was sincere; but I also believe he knows if we have a bad trip we post it on cruise critic.. Good or bad; the reviews come in. It helps everyone

Also include me into one of those passengers that loves Cruise Critic. Even after 50+ cruises, I continue to learn so much from other posters.

Not quite so many cruises as you, but YES, still learning so much from my fellow CC posters

I can tell you that the cruise lines monitor these boards. Last year on NCL when we had our meet & greet; the captain and his entire staff were there. They introduced themselves and handed out cards to everyone. The captain told us if anything goes wrong to let one of the senior staff members know. He said I know you pay a lot to come on vacation and please give us a chance to correct any issues. I believe he was sincere; but I also believe he knows if we have a bad trip we post it on cruise critic.. Good or bad; the reviews come in. It helps everyone

I concur with this as the norm on NCL, we have heard it a number of times and have used the information on the cards to great effect.

I suggest to everyone that feedback, both negative and positive, is welcomed by all senior staff on the NCL ships we have travelled on, especially if put in writing. Use the Dear " " box at guest services fro any messages; a good Hotel Manager will see they are passed on.