I love Cruisecritic.com

toescat

i have been a member of this site for several years and I was recently asked to join a forum on Facebook. I tried it for a week and let me tell you I have never in my life seen so many negative people trying to ruin excitement and future cruises for others. I blocked that forum forever. On cruisecritic there are so many people telling others of their experiences both good and bad with the intent of informing other readers. I have learned so much from this site through the years I will never cheat again. Someone needs to knock the devil off the shoulders of those who take joy in being rude so the the little angel on the other shoulder can shine trhrough.

When planning a cruise I always turn to cruise critic. It is fun to ask questions that have been asked a million times before (and everyone acts like it was the first time), get replies, and share experiences. Mostly All positive and criticism are done in an informative manner not mean. No one knows better then someone who has been there. Thanks to all of you my cruises are greatly enhanced.

Just one more reason I don't have (and have never had) a Facebook account. Social media has become a place for people to be mean, negative, etc. CC is as close as I come to social media and I am happy that (most) people here are actually trying to help others. Welcome back from "the dark side". :)

I am not into social media; not now, not ever.

I AM into Cruise Critic! A most helpful and informative site for those of us who love cruising, who love passenger/cruise ships, and a site that has allowed me to make friends and with whom I have sailed who live in Australia, Canada, Germany, and many areas of the United States.

This site is very important to me and I am thankful that it is available!

There are so many great benefits of cruise critic and so many generous people. Not only have I learned a lot but have benefited with finding a great deal for a New England cruise,many great private excursions, and meeting some great people through the meet and greets. It is awesome to be part of a community with so many generous people!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have loved it too until recently. I have had NO Instant Responses to Subscribed Threads for about a week and have had NO responses from CC to 4 questions asking WHY!!!

I also have not had instant notifications for a few days, but I do have a partial explanation.

My notifications first go to gmail and from there they are forwarded to my Internet provider's system. My e-mail is retrieved on my computer from the Internet provider's site and not directly from gmail.

Well, the mail was not reaching my Internet provider's system for me to retrieve it.

When I looked directly at the gmail account I saw:

a) The notification message which I could read with no problem

b) An e-mail notice of rejection by my Internet provider saying it rejected the message because of a DMARC problem (whatever that might be--but it essentially means it does not trust the authenticity of the sender of the message).

So maybe your Internet provider is rejecting your notifications and that is why you are not seeing them.

Of course if this is the case Cruise Critic personnel would have no knowledge that your Internet provider was rejecting messages.

There are so many seasoned travelers on this board; it helps with pre planning, packing, shore excursions, post cruise blues; and just about anything you need to know. Want to book a hotel in downtown Seattle or near the airport; people will reply with not only hotels to look at; but also transportation to the port and good places to eat. So it is nice to have access to thousands of tips for cruises or land vacations. Thanks

• Administrators

Thank you everyone. Your words and actions are very appreciated.

For the record, too, the NOTIFICATIONS issue is known to us and we are working on this. It is sporadic; some people are getting them, others are not.

May I suggest that in the interim you sign up for a DAILY DIGEST for your thread. These go out once per day and will inform you, in one email, of all posts in the past 24 hours.

Again, we thank all of you for your loyalty!

Laura