Since when , can you use OBC in cruise planner

I just looked on my cruise planner and didn't see anywhere to use OBC. Maybe it's just a pilot program?

Personally I would love to have this option!

The program is being rolled out gradually by ship.

It's spreading, it's spreading, it's spreading!

My 6 upcoming Radiance cruises are all offering me the opportunity to use my OBC to book something now!

This has been asked several times: The only OBC showing available is the RC OBC. (NOT my RC Visa OBC)

It's spreading, it's spreading, it's spreading!

My 6 upcoming Radiance cruises are all offering me the opportunity to use my OBC to book something now!

This has been asked several times: The only OBC showing available is the RC OBC. (NOT my RC Visa OBC)

Oops. RCC Visa OBC *is* showing.

• 7 months later...
The program is being rolled out gradually by ship.

Tell them that it is very confusing and that the information should be posted in a way that indicates exactly where the credit is coming from. I too had the Lucky You pop-up, thought that I'd "won" something so to speak because it said pre-cruise credit, it was different than the amount I had redeemed from my credit card, and I hadn't seen this on a previous cruise when I had B of A credit card credit. I even called RC and the young man told me that it was a promotional credit that was from RC and had nothing to do with my credit card. Therefore I pre-booked additional fun. I wanted to check to make sure that my credit points had been applied and an hour and a half later was told that yes indeed they had been applied and used! UGH! The pre-cruise "won" credit was my credit card point redemption plus an additional $25 that RC said was a promotion that I booked under. What? Where was that credit when I originally booked, why 2 weeks prior to boarding are they showing this $25 credit in addition to the credit that is from my credit card redeemed points. I hate this new program and hope that they improve in their communication with their staff and also with their customers. What a hassle! And a disappointment due to once again misinformed employees at RC call center. I don't believe that Bank of America is even aware of this new Program, and feel that it is sad that RC's Program is inconvenient, confusing and frustrating for future cruisers. Not a great way to start a vacation count down!:mad:

Tell them that it is very confusing and that the information should be posted in a way that indicates exactly where the credit is coming from. I too had the Lucky You pop-up, thought that I'd "won" something so to speak because it said pre-cruise credit, it was different than the amount I had redeemed from my credit card, and I hadn't seen this on a previous cruise when I had B of A credit card credit. I even called RC and the young man told me that it was a promotional credit that was from RC and had nothing to do with my credit card. Therefore I pre-booked additional fun. I wanted to check to make sure that my credit points had been applied and an hour and a half later was told that yes indeed they had been applied and used! UGH! The pre-cruise "won" credit was my credit card point redemption plus an additional $25 that RC said was a promotion that I booked under. What? Where was that credit when I originally booked, why 2 weeks prior to boarding are they showing this $25 credit in addition to the credit that is from my credit card redeemed points. I hate this new program and hope that they improve in their communication with their staff and also with their customers. What a hassle! And a disappointment due to once again misinformed employees at RC call center. I don't believe that Bank of America is even aware of this new Program, and feel that it is sad that RC's Program is inconvenient, confusing and frustrating for future cruisers. Not a great way to start a vacation count down!:mad:

Your confusion confuses me.

You had OBC from the credit card. It showed in your Cruise Planner. You spent it. Where is the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's what it looks like on my Costco Travel Receipt:

Included Extras

$25.00 Costco Cash Card

†You will receive a Costco Cash Card two to four weeks after you return from your cruise. It may be used toward merchandise or gas at any Costco warehouse throughout the United States and Canada, or toward online purchases at Costco.com or Costco.ca. The value of the Cash Card is determined by the base cruise fare for the stateroom category booked. Offer is nontransferable. Member Benefits and Added Values:

• USD 225 Shipboard Credit for Cleagle

UGH! So frustrating, and confusing!

Your confusion confuses me.

You had OBC from the credit card. It showed in your Cruise Planner. You spent it. Where is the problem?

It doesn't state that it was from the credit card, didn't know that it had been applied. Customer rep stated that it was from RC promo, not a credit card redemption. Lucky you, I think not! But hey, I appreciate your response.

Here's what it looks like on my Costco Travel Receipt:

Included Extras

$25.00 Costco Cash Card

†You will receive a Costco Cash Card two to four weeks after you return from your cruise. It may be used toward merchandise or gas at any Costco warehouse throughout the United States and Canada, or toward online purchases at Costco.com or Costco.ca. The value of the Cash Card is determined by the base cruise fare for the stateroom category booked. Offer is nontransferable. Member Benefits and Added Values:

• USD 225 Shipboard Credit for Cleagle

UGH! So frustrating, and confusing!

If your travel agent is giving you OBC, that will not appear on your Cruise Planner.

Only OBC directly from RC or the RC Visa card will appear.

If your travel agent is giving you OBC, that will not appear on your Cruise Planner.

Only OBC directly from RC or the RC Visa card will appear.

Yep, I get that. So when I saw this credit and called the RC customer service, and was told that is was RC promo I thought YEA!

Needs to be clearly identified, that's all.:o

I ALWAYS know exactly how much credit I am going to receive. But I would NEVER complain about getting more!!!:rolleyes:

Me either, that's why it was so frustrating! It wasn't more, it was what I had from Credit Card Points. No Lucky Me, in this scenario;p!

Logged in to my cruise planner and pop up screen comes up saying that in can use my OBC for pre cruise purchases.....Well that's new

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My cruise booked in July 2017 for September of 2017 was the first time I saw that. I don't think I noticed it for my April 2017 cruise booked back in 2015.