Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Looking forward to following this thread. We have always wanted to cruise Alaska but couldn't find the right ship to do it on until I saw a Facebook post advertising the new Bliss!! We booked three balconies for a mulitgenerational cruise in August 2018 and we can't wait!! We have been loyal RCCL and Disney cruisers but really looking forward to trying NCL now.

I tried o accept the mission but as soon as I did my iPad destructed!

I will continually search, but at the moment I am trying to get info on the 2019 build, sister to the Bliss. Last thing I heard was that she might not go to China. The financial success of the Joy will determine where she goes. Makes me wonder if she will be designed for China or not...considering her construction should begin about the same time as Bliss floats out. Only then will Leonardo info probably get leaked. In the meantime I get to try Bliss in Alaska and the Caribbean....I hate this ship addiction.

I'll admit I haven't read through all the pages. I've just been sporadically keeping up here. But, has anyone noticed how family unfriendly this ship is, compared to their more recent ones? What do your kids do all day? No more sports court. No more ropes course, no more mini golf. While I may be missing it in the deck plans I assume no more rock climbing either. It's replaced by one thing you can pay for, and surely not do for a very long period of time. I admit I have no idea how the laser tag will work though. Is it free or pay for? Surely an active or athletic kid has little to do, since the pools they are allowed in are too small to swim in.

This is exactly what I am worried about with our 14yo boy. He loves the ropes course, mini golf and sports court. While he would enjoy the go karts and laser tag the extra cost for these (I am assuming both will have fees) would add up very quickly on a 7 day cruise.

I have the Bliss booked for Thanksgiving 2018, but I also booked the Getaway and the MSC Seaside. After I read reviews we can then decide which ship we will stay on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking forward to following this thread. We have always wanted to cruise Alaska but couldn't find the right ship to do it on until I saw a Facebook post advertising the new Bliss!! We booked three balconies for a mulitgenerational cruise in August 2018 and we can't wait!! We have been loyal RCCL and Disney cruisers but really looking forward to trying NCL now.

Which August sailing? we are on the 8/18 sailing

This is a Sept 8th dated pic, apparently taken by a Dream Cruise Line crew member after World Dream's float out at the end of Aug and I think we are looking (and it was tagged "from stern") towards the large building hall's door. But where are the megablocks? Is it taken from the megablocks but why is the bow section sitting there, there's no clearance for lifting that over the megablocks to put it in it's place?

The position of the observation block in the dock pit and the details on the forward block indicate indeed a aft to bow setup but it doesn't add up? Questions questions.. :'):confused:

21479823_1713152415659681_6996606921817980928_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYx_JYVBo1v/

This is exactly what I am worried about with our 14yo boy. He loves the ropes course, mini golf and sports court. While he would enjoy the go karts and laser tag the extra cost for these (I am assuming both will have fees) would add up very quickly on a 7 day cruise.

I have the Bliss booked for Thanksgiving 2018, but I also booked the Getaway and the MSC Seaside. After I read reviews we can then decide which ship we will stay on.

Ok, i got some info from the staff on the Joy. There the fee for the racecart is 5 dollars and the minimum height is 1m40 meter ( must be quite a challenge on the joy for the chinese people :) )

She will double check for the lasertag but she thinks it might be 10 dollars .

I ll confirm later :)

And regarding your bookings, i just got back from the Getaway, great ship. I just got back from the msc Meraviglia which is their newest ship on the fleet for now, and it was a disaster! Even the staff confirmed it was really total choas , everybody cancelled the prepaid gratitudes and they did not bother to ask why...they knew why...they can not handle the crowd! i would not hesitate, bliss is the boat to get !

A general article (in German) on the stateroom manufacturer. They make 5000 cabins a year, mainly for Meyer Werft.

ems-precab_201709191627_full.jpg

https://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/953690/meyer-werft-kabinenbauer-feiert-zehnjaehriges-bestehen#gallery&0&0&953690

That’s pretty cool