Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

has anyone been able to find any information on age/height minimums for the race track and laser tag. I've been searching for this information for the NCL Joy and cant find it. hoping to book an alaska Bliss cruise but would like to know if my kids can enjoy these amenities.

has anyone been able to find any information on age/height minimums for the race track and laser tag. I've been searching for this information for the NCL Joy and cant find it. hoping to book an alaska Bliss cruise but would like to know if my kids can enjoy these amenities.

Age for go carts is 14 I read.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you remember where you read this at? my google searching only shows a user comment on cruisecritic from a few months back suggest it could be 14 years old but nothing official.

The age limit on the NCL Joy is 14 y/o and up. So the assumption is the NCL Bliss will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The age limit on the NCL Joy is 14 y/o and up. So the assumption is the NCL Bliss will be the same.

I'm not ready to assume that what holds true for the Joy holds true for the Bliss.

The Joy has additional kid-friendly options that weren't carried over to the Bliss. Compared to BA and other BA+ ships, the Bliss has displaced many activities for teens & younger children: ropes course, mini golf, sports deck, etc. I'd be surprised if NCL isn't taking this into account.

We have read that NCL can alter the max speed of the karts, so I wouldn't be surprised if they offer different times for different "skill" levels. Also - am I recalling correctly that we saw some 2-person karts for the Bliss? That may be another opportunity for younger riders.

Or maybe the min age will be 14. So long as there's not a max height, max weight, or max head circumference, I'll be in line.

I'm not ready to assume that what holds true for the Joy holds true for the Bliss.

The Joy has additional kid-friendly options that weren't carried over to the Bliss. Compared to BA and other BA+ ships, the Bliss has displaced many activities for teens & younger children: ropes course, mini golf, sports deck, etc. I'd be surprised if NCL isn't taking this into account.

We have read that NCL can alter the max speed of the karts, so I wouldn't be surprised if they offer different times for different "skill" levels. Also - am I recalling correctly that we saw some 2-person karts for the Bliss? That may be another opportunity for younger riders.

Or maybe the min age will be 14. So long as there's not a max height, max weight, or max head circumference, I'll be in line.

I hope your right (y)

That explains it! Do you have more Joy Aft photos? I am getting so excited for our Aft cabin on the Bliss. We really enjoy the pictures you and DougOut are finding for us.

:)

YouTube has some great HD and 4K res. videos of Joy's float out and Ems conveyance.

Edited by FreestyleNovice
Trying to steer on topic ;)

Deck 16 aft is different than the Joy, the Joy's narrows following the rear bump out whereas on the Bliss the width continues after the bump out.

I obviously prefer the Bliss' as it offers more space and balances out the look aesthetically. Wonder why the difference between the two ships though.

Deck 16 aft is different than the Joy, the Joy's narrows following the rear bump out whereas on the Bliss the width continues after the bump out.

I obviously prefer the Bliss' as it offers more space and balances out the look aesthetically. Wonder why the difference between the two ships though.

Is it possible they just needed the added width for the spa vs. the Joy's Galaxy Pavilion?

I agree with your preference for the lines on the Bliss. Looks sweet!

Joy...

c103a4311afd92efbd2ac5a622b3c526.jpg

Bliss...

e932206f0f35bfd84308f3f549490269.jpg

Is it possible they just needed the added width for the spa vs. the Joy's Galaxy Pavilion?

I agree with your preference for the lines on the Bliss. Looks sweet!

... and adds some extra protection from the elements (think: Alaska + rain) for a few balcony cabins!

Our first cruise to Alaska ('15) was in an aft corner cabin on the Solstice - with virtually no overhead coverage and it rained most of our trip. The balcony was basically useless. Our return trip the next summer, again on the Solstice, had us in mid-ship cabin with an overhang above us such that we were able to sit out on the balcony rain or shine.

I'm a fan of deep balconies, and they're hard to come by !

Tom