Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Hi All,

We are sailing on the May 10 "inaugural" cruise out of Miami to LA. I went on line tonight to check our cabin (deck 15, midship) and checked deck layouts. Looks like all restuarants and bars have been defined. Plenty of places to eat and drink

Hi Carly and Bruce, we are Deck 15, mid-ship too! Seems we are very near most things, best of all, the Spa! Looking forward to saying hi to everyone.

Bev & Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I chose room location with the same logic... Deck 13 just off the forward elevators. It’s a quick drop down to beer & small plates, or a couple flights up to the observation lounge or another flight up to the garden cafe. Sweet spot! I will never experience an aft balcony on the Bliss.

We're on the inaugural TA, same location as you except deck 14.

I picked 9322 .. Please tell me I did good? I love the aft and was hoping for a big balcony and bed by the door.

If Bliss is the same setup as Escape for the aft-facing B1s (I believe that it is), 9322 will have the bed near the balcony.

The depth is the deepest aft-facing and the width is a good width (better than 9324).

Doug, thanks for explaining, I thought they were having colder weather than us in SE England! ❄️

Still a fair way to go in 3 months, the bottom cabins look like just the metal boxes, or is that another ship’s Block to the right? [emoji848]

That’s the first megablock of the AIDAnova... to be delivered in the fall 2019.

Ahh, thank you for clearing that. Also, I’m getting confused (doesn’t take much nowadays!) but some folk are referring to the inaugural as the transatlantic cruise and some our cruise, then there’s a 2-3 day dilly dally one from New York in between? Which one is the inaugural?

Surely, it’s the one from Germany to Southampton or Dover as that’s the first one to carry passengers.

What’s everyone’s view on this?

Ahh, thank you for clearing that. Also, I’m getting confused (doesn’t take much nowadays!) but some folk are referring to the inaugural as the transatlantic cruise and some our cruise, then there’s a 2-3 day dilly dally one from New York in between? Which one is the inaugural?

There are many. I always refer to the “inaugural transatlantic” and not the “inaugural cruise”, although both may be fitting.

I believe someone along the way mentioned that “inaugural” refers to the first sailing with paying passengers, which as of now I believe to be the transatlantic. I’m under the impression that the pre-Southampton run and the short runs in the states are all promotional and for non-paying travel-industry professionals.

There are many. I always refer to the “inaugural transatlantic” and not the “inaugural cruise”, although both may be fitting.

I believe someone along the way mentioned that “inaugural” refers to the first sailing with paying passengers, which as of now I believe to be the transatlantic. I’m under the impression that the pre-Southampton run and the short runs in the states are all promotional and for non-paying travel-industry professionals.

Cool, well done Doug, you’re a star and very knowledgeable. Safe in your hands, I can see!

NCL UK did mention the 2 day cruise from Southampton round trip, she said she was trying to get her Mum on it, and would add us to the wait list. Not heard anything since we booked back in March 17.

Maybe NCL is trying to get East coasters to go to Seattle to cruise Alaska.

I live on the West coast and have never heard of the guy.

Agree ... had to google him. I live in California and had never heard of him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Probably can’t read too much info this, but someone posted a food photo from what I assume was the “godfather” reception...

17dbeb7d4668afee188e94c83073abe4.jpg

The caption alluded to “grilled cheese” and “sliders” on the Norwegian Bliss, and the sign obviously shows the name of the O’She’s replacement... “the local bar & grill”.

So... are we getting a new menu along with a new name? It almost sounds too good to be true, especially if Margaritaville is up on deck with a $15+ cover charge. Maybe this was a case of a caterer presenting the type of food that will be available, without presenting actual menu items.

People just off of the Escape are reporting that it’s a cover charge now. I liked it as an ala carte option.

Here’s my question; if Margaritaville now has a cover charge, does it count against the UDP? I’m sure as hell not going to waste a lunch at Margaritaville when I can have a dinner at Cagney’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here’s my question; if Margaritaville now has a cover charge, does it count against the UDP? I’m sure as hell not going to waste a lunch at Margaritaville when I can have a dinner at Cagney’s.

You can choose not to use the sdp. It isn’t worth using it.

Steve, The UDP has never applied to Margaritaville on the Escape or the Getaway (we were on them both within the last 2 months).. I can never understand why someone wants to pay for a fancy burger as against a proper meal in one of the other restaurants... I certainly won’t be wasting one of my speciality dining days on a burger either...

Steve, The UDP has never applied to Margaritaville on the Escape or the Getaway (we were on them both within the last 2 months).. I can never understand why someone wants to pay for a fancy burger as against a proper meal in one of the other restaurants... I certainly won’t be wasting one of my speciality dining days on a burger either...

Excellent, thank you! We were on the Escape last year and thought about going to Margaritaville but didn’t want to chance it counting against the package. Like you said, a burger isn’t worth it when we can have fine dining at Cagney’s, Le Bistro, Moderno (obviously not Moderno on the Bliss), etc.