Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Poolside?? Now I'm confused.

If The Local is replacing O'Sheehan's(deck7), why are they talking about poolside?

"Whether indoor, waterfront or poolside, find your favorite drink or try a new. "

Yes, I agree. Isn't the pool on deck 15?

Is it all just about marketing?

Whether indoor, waterfront or poolside, find your favorite drink or try a new.

Where’s that text originating from? Sounds like it’s just generic language for “bar service” and not specific to the Local.

d1abba24dd24fb5d44759cf3372b1703.jpg

c2c3310deac27807d961e02dce619b7f.jpg

Maybe a “pool table”, but that’s about it.

Here’s my question; if Margaritaville now has a cover charge, does it count against the UDP? I’m sure as hell not going to waste a lunch at Margaritaville when I can have a dinner at Cagney’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought I read that with the UDP, they'll just take all your extra charge dining visits and apply the most expensive ones towards the UDP.

If a balcony/outdoor space wouldn't matter I would go with 13700, the xx700 (deck 9 to 13). The O1 forward facing oceanview seems to be similar to the ones on Escape and they offer some good space!

Wait, are you saying I actually made a good choice on rooms? I was really bummed we couldn’t afford a balcony on the Mexican Riviera cruise, so I booked 10700. I figured if I can’t have a balcony then I want to see where we are going.

Yay, you just made my day! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good to know, thank you!

Steve & Codex,

That isn’t correct about the dining package unless they’ve changed it within the last month or so. With the dining package you have a determined number of speciality meals included. You tell the server whether you are using your UDP package and they then zero your bill (which you sign and get a copy). Most people get 3 or 4 meals, some people buy a lot more and many buy none at all. Margaritaville isn’t part of the UDP scheme. You pay there for whatever you have (unless NCL change it on the Bliss). Margaritaville would be a waste of one of you UDP meals if that option was available to you as it’s basically upscale burgers and your meal is far cheaper than the proper restaurants.

In Cagney’s, Le Bistro & La Cuccina a good quality 3 course meal with service charges is circa $50pp, nearer $30pp in Moderno & Teppanyaki. If you fancy a burger I would strongly recommend O’Sheehan’s rather than Margaritaville, my daughter says they’re really good and they are complimentary.

Neil

Steve & Codex,

That isn’t correct about the dining package unless they’ve change in within the last month or so. With the dining package you have a determined number of speciality meals included. You tell the server whether you are using your UDP package and they then zero your bill (which you sign and get a copy). Most people get 3 or 4 meals, some people buy a lot more and many buy none at all. Margaritaville isn’t part of the UDP scheme. You pay there for whatever you have (unless NCL change it on the Bliss). Margaritaville would be a waste of one of you UDP meals if that option was available to you as it’s basically upscale burgers and your meal is far cheaper than the proper restaurants.

In Cagney’s, Le Bistro & La Cuccina a good quality 3 course meal with service charges is circa $50pp, nearer $30pp in Moderno & Teppanyaki. If you fancy a burger I would strongly recommend O’Sheehan’s rather than Margaritaville, my daughter says they’re really good and they are complimentary.

Neil

Thanks Neil. On our previous sailings, we’ve purchased five nights of the Specialty Dining Package and loved our dinners at Cagney’s, Moderno, La Cucina, etc. We’ve been curious to try Margaritaville but hesitated to do so on the Escape because we didn’t want a mistake to rob us of an upscale dinner.

Well sounds like this "local" will be a huge party place not really a pub like it was. Bummer. :(

To me, it sounds identical to how that space is on the other big ships. There is a huge party place pub/bar on one side, and then across the aisle is the sit down restaurant spot. It’s almost like two separate establishments.

... If you fancy a burger I would strongly recommend O’Sheehan’s rather than Margaritaville, my daughter says they’re really good and they are complimentary.

Neil

Will O'Sheehan's cook it rare upon request? I really enjoyed the (cooked to order) burger at Margaritaville on the Escape a couple months ago. I'm skeptical that O'Sheehan's could pull that off - but I'd be willing to give it a try.

Tom

family.....it many respects it depends on when your cruise is. We sail in May/2018, and the excursions have been available for many months. I have read that the Alaska excursions are slow in their debut. :)

We are sadly not until 2/19 and we are stopping in Tortola. I hope by then the island will be back and running. I am thinking maybe 6 to 9 months out we will be things to book.

Our Bliss is not until July 18, but we have some excursions populating now, they are trickling in.

I have been watching my June 9 reservation for a while and the home page has been showing 0 Shore Excursions. However, after clicking on Shore Excursions it did populate 7 for Juneau. Make sure to click on the Shore Excursions page and not just trust what it says on the home page.

I have been watching my June 9 reservation for a while and the home page has been showing 0 Shore Excursions. However, after clicking on Shore Excursions it did populate 7 for Juneau. Make sure to click on the Shore Excursions page and not just trust what it says on the home page.

Tim,

Exactly. We have one in January, changed itinerary due to hurricane damage that is also slowly populating

Thanks for the tip! I’ve been watching for June 23rd sailing.

Will O'Sheehan's cook it rare upon request? I really enjoyed the (cooked to order) burger at Margaritaville on the Escape a couple months ago. I'm skeptical that O'Sheehan's could pull that off - but I'd be willing to give it a try.

Tom

Sorry Tom, can’t help you. I would have thought they should be able to but as I never pick a burger at O’Sheehans I’ve no recollection. My wife & daughter both have steak rare so I guess they’d complain if the burgers weren’t done to their preference.

Neil