* LIVE from the Rotterdam - 30 day Passage to Spain and Western Europe - Mar. 30th*

kazu

Too bad we didn't have warmer weather for you in FLL, only 70s and 80s. :D

Enjoy your cruise, I will be following. I hope it gets as much participation as our cruise to Hawaii and So Pac did at this same time last year.

When you go from a snow coat to a short sleeved top you enjoy every second of this. The weather is beautiful as far as we are concerned.

Happy to be here. ES has really been fabulous this time. So glad we opted to stay here again. It's comfortable and close to everything. We got the "obligatory" trips done to Publix, Total Wine, Ross' and my favourite little store in Harbour shops.

Tomorrow we have to go to UPS store (which is very close) and they will help me with the cardboard to wrap my luggage in that we are shipping from Portland to Paris. They were kind enough to send me my tags early so I could print them at home. Shipping one bag means we have less to handle on the train to Paris (you have to manage your own luggage on the trains in Europe).

Kazu has really been planning that part to avoid as much hassle as possible ;)

We got the "obligatory" trips done to Publix, Total Wine, Ross' and my favourite little store in Harbour shops.

You hit all the places we do before a cruise! We usually head over to the Quarterdeck restaurant for a leisurely dinner and stop at Crown Wine & Spirits for some nice cheeses to have with our wine in the hotel. Enjoy the warmth; you've earned it!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We are total fans of the Embassy Suites -- we have stayed there so many time both pre and post cruises for many, many years. We know so many people there -- at the front desk and back office.

I was checking the port schedule for Thursday -- 5 ships leaving Ft Lauderdale that day!!

Busy, busy day.

Kazu, do you have to pay a per bottle fee to bring your goodies aboard or is there a perk for 5 star members?

I'm pretty sure the $18 per bottle corkage fee applies to all levels of Mariners. I don't see it anywhere on the list of perks - although it would be a nice one, wouldn't it?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Kazu, do you have to pay a per bottle fee to bring your goodies aboard or is there a perk for 5 star members?

I'm pretty sure the $18 per bottle corkage fee applies to all levels of Mariners.

Gerry is right. 5* Mariners get one bottle per person corkage free at embarkation, just like everyone else.

We are total fans of the Embassy Suites -- we have stayed there so many time both pre and post cruises for many, many years. We know so many people there -- at the front desk and back office.

I was checking the port schedule for Thursday -- 5 ships leaving Ft Lauderdale that day!!

Busy, busy day.

Yes, it will be a very busy day. Westerdam is crossing the pond with us but not in ports on the same day nor some of the same ports. Wondering if Rotterdam and Westerdam will have a little toot fest?

Gerry is right. 5* Mariners get one bottle per person corkage free at embarkation, just like everyone else.

Yup, no perks when it comes to corkage ;).

Doesn't matter if you are sailing for 7 days or 30, the rules are the same for everyone.

The big day is here! Sorry a bit late in posting (I was a physio) so I am sure you are busy now and won't see this. I am excited for you and I will try to watch the sail away and get some screen shots to email you. No promises though as I never know how I will be but I hope to.

Bon Voyage!

On the Ftlauderdalewecam.com you can see 2 HAL ships. The one with the full side view is the Westerdam.It is right next to the Island Princess.

As the page keeps sweeping to the left, you can see the front of the Rotterdam. It is in front of the Independence of the Seas.

Bon Voyage! See you on the cam! What are you wearing so I can pick you out of the party crowd!

I have a white blouse and a long skirt which is white, blue , black and teal.

The flags will be hanging on the railing and the group will be behind or near them.

Hello everyone,

While the day is here and we are sitting at the terminal waiting to board.

Embarkation was quite smooth and seemed well organized. We have a cheerful person who was directing the traffic and really kept things light hearted.

There were the regular two line ups that we were used to. One lineup for all of the Suites and 4 & 5* Mariners and the second lineup for the remainder of the passengers.

I was very glad we were using Embassy Suites shuttle service. There was a fair bit of stop and starting at the port (no surprise with the # of ships in port) and I am sure a taxi would have been more $ with the meter ticking while it was waiting.

Embassy Suites was very organized with the shuttles, I must say. The whole thing was very quick and efficient.

Interesting when we paid our corkage they not only put on a sticker but made a mark with a magic marker.

LOL - several people have asked us how we managed to bring on the extra wine. When I said "we just paid the corkage", they appeared very disappointed. I guess they thought there was a secret trick to it. Nope, kazu just pays. We found some very interesting wines at Crown and Anchor and at Total Wine. I don't have the expertise of POA1 but if we hit a winner we are happy to share.

Hello everyone,

... We found some very interesting wines at Crown and Anchor and at Total Wine.

Is Crown and Anchor new, or do you mean Crown Wine & Spirits across from your hotel? If Crown & Anchor is new, it slipped right past me.

Have a great trip. Hard to find a nicer day for sail away.

Freezing rain and snow just started...sigh. Watching your sail away (if no homework has to be done before dinner) will be bitter sweet.

Enjoy your long awaited adventure! I am officially green.